Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
And Bucky killed the fukking KING himself! Brainwashed or not, that is an automatic death sentence in any other country.

You're telling me they're all redeemable, but killmonger isn't???

That wasn't Bucky in Captain America Civil War that killed King T'Chaka. It looked that way, but Zemo planned and set up everything to frame Bucky, so that would cause friction between Captain America & Iron Man to break up the Avengers.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I travelled to some Mayan ruins in Central America and i rewatched this movie to catch some of the references I missed. A couple off the top of my head:

-the Mayan singing that caused suicides is a nod to night time screams that Mayans used to do when attacking enemies, they were big believers that you had to beat enemies psychologically as well as physically

-Namor and his crews ability to harness sound is a nod to how Mayans were thoughtful about how they built structures and cities to project sounds loudly or softly

-last one is more obvious because they referenced it in the movie - but the Mayans prayed to the rain god and so their deity was water but this was explained by Namor in his backstory

Overall on rewatch the movie was better than I thought , it’s just that the undertone is handling grief and not many people are tryna watch that vs a happy story

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
The box office sales went up during the holiday weekend, but they removed it from almost half the theaters before it even got to the middle of the month :snoop:

They left millions on the table. The first Avatar opened in 3400 theaters on December 18, 2009.

It didn’t dip below 3000 theaters until February 5th months later.

Wakanda Forever opened in 4,396 theaters and was under 4000 in less than a month. After Avatar dropped it went from being in 3,380 theaters to 2,250 in ONE WEEK. Even still, it made more money because people still went to see it during the holidays.

Contrary to popular belief, everybody doesn’t go see a movie in the first 2 or 3 weeks. Somebody dropped the ball on this.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
That somebody was marvel/Coogler. u are focused on domestic. Overseas sales been dead already.

It was dead the last time tho. Normally high earning movies make more overseas than domestic box office. The first movie didn’t. And neither did this one. Black movies don’t get marketed well in a lot of European countries. For example, this is how 12 Years a Slave was marketed in Italy.

87-D89-FB6-5-A0-A-4398-821-A-1-F040-F6-F075-D.webp

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I travelled to some Mayan ruins in Central America and i rewatched this movie to catch some of the references I missed. A couple off the top of my head:

-the Mayan singing that caused suicides is a nod to night time screams that Mayans used to do when attacking enemies, they were big believers that you had to beat enemies psychologically as well as physically

-Namor and his crews ability to harness sound is a nod to how Mayans were thoughtful about how they built structures and cities to project sounds loudly or softly

-last one is more obvious because they referenced it in the movie - but the Mayans prayed to the rain god and so their deity was water but this was explained by Namor in his backstory

Overall on rewatch the movie was better than I thought , it’s just that the undertone is handling grief and not many people are tryna watch that vs a happy story
It's really the only MCU movie to really sit with grief and the grieving process, which is kinda wild considering how tragic many of the stories have been. I really appreciate the depth of exploration for the topic especially in light of both Chadwick's death and the amount of loss people experienced during the pandemic. It just seems like it was the appropriate approach given the circumstances and time.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
So before Chadwick even passed Marvel planned on having 2 Black Panthers to reduce T'Challa's significance?

But now that he's gone they only want 1? :mjpls:

Because they could easily bring in someone else but they don't want to.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Saw this today. I’m not like a super fan or something to even be dramatic about it, but i was kind of disgusted by the fact a Mexican dude was basically the main character and I have to admit I was wrong, because I argued back and forth with some of you about how it wasn’t a big deal that they were making his sister black Panther. But it was so many issues with the movie and hardly black men that were important to where it really was unheard of in a marvel movie to where that change for a character would happen so fast. They could have easily replaced him with another male like marvel and dc do for literally every male superhero they have. Like they just said okay we are done with the black male superhero now after one movie. Lol. Dr Umar be on some funny shyt a lot but he was spot on in that video. Even taking all the anti black male shyt out of it, I didn’t enjoy it. Story was dumb to me.