VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Yeah it's strange covid shoot or not that doesn't stop VFX teams creating infinite digital doubles.

Look at the Wakandan army at the end of Infinity War or the final battle against Thanos in Endgame. Its absolute huge. I'll say it once again The Russos just know how to go to scale up vs other MCU directors.

I don't like undermining black directors but the truth can't be denied.

Even in Black Panther the army fights in that felt small and scrappy. In Wakanda Forever. The military felt less than 100 deep, its crazy how nobody said erm why is the military so small?

Raizan

Pro
Daps
I thought the movie was ok, but Marvel really should have built the movie around a Killmonger redemption arc. It was too early to put Shuri in the lead role.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The biggest problem with this movie is that it invalidated the first movie/what came before and removed Wakandas uniqueness both in and out of film.

Wakanda went from the most advanced nation who had the power to destroy the world (spies who can topple nations were on standby waiting for a green light if needed) and strong enough thwart Alien invasions to getting comfortably washed by Atlantis who are a stronger version of Wakanda.

Vibranium was exclusive to Wakanda, now here another nation also have it.

Wakanda had the superpowered herb, Now another nation has it but a better version.

The first movie makes you believe there is no threat to Wakanda which is why The Avengers even went there in Infinity War for help, now all of sudden, The Amerikkkan government feel strong enough to roll in. Hell their tech can now even be "bugged":mjtf: . They're just "another nation" now.

Wakanda was able to revive the CAC CIA Agent from the brink of death, were able to cure a brainwashed solider but now suddenly can't save T'Challa from an illness?

Killmonger is a liberator in the first movie fighting for black freedom and to empower black people globally now it's made out he's just this vengeful savage.

It reminded me a lot of The Last Jedi in how it shytted on the previous movie before it and torpedoed everything built up. You can't watch them back to back.

Like do we need to even see Wakanda again? Does anyone care if a sequel is never made? don't really think so. You can't say anyone thought that after BP1 which had you wanting to see what happened next.

Maybe this was Coogler's way of trying to exit the franchise:manny:

Breh u just said everything i was thinking which is why i only saw this movie once. Like the execs said nah we cant have them thinking only internal conflict can destroy them they can get this work from all angles. Too much death and lows with not enough high moments like the 1st. Yea the end credit gave u some hope but thats after being depressed for 3 hours.

The wakanda show better build this franchise back up or ill catch part 3 on the streams.

:stopitslime:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
I think by design Marvel cut off any sort of attempts at a Killmonger redemption arc with his storylines in the What If... show

Each time it showed that Killmonger would double cross or kill people.

Eventually he even got into it with Ultron over who gets the infinity gauntlet.

Don’t expect to ever see him come back, as an anti hero.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I been told y‘all that Coogler wasn’t cut out for these type of films.

How can you let your entire city, civilians and army get literally washed by a bunch of sea amigos and allow your queen and MOTHER to get murdered in the process and you don’t kill or even imprison the nikka who did it? :why:

You just let him live and offer peace and allow him go his own way like everything is sweet (It’s obvious that Namor will betray Wakanda anyway once the opportunity present itself). I simply can‘t fathom why Coogler though this shyt was good storytelling. It’s almost as though he is purposely trying to sabotage this franchise.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

How can you let your entire city, civilians and army get literally washed by a bunch of sea amigos and allow your queen and MOTHER to get murdered in the process and you don’t kill or even imprison the nikka who did it? :why:

You just let him live and offer peace and allow him go his own way like everything is sweet (It’s obvious that Namor will betray Wakanda anyway once the opportunity present itself). I simply can‘t fathom why Coogler though this shyt was good storytelling. It’s almost as though he is purposely trying to sabotage this franchise.

ya it just made no sense whatsoever how Coogler wrote the ending... really dumb. Queen is bodied and they let the dude go.... fucc outta here :pachaha:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Namor destroys Wakanda in the comics.

What happened in this movie isn’t even considered a war.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I think we focus so much on the T'Challa issue it left no other room for critical thinking about the entire situation

Whether T'Challa was recast or not the fact of the matter is Phase 4's bad word of mouth had an effect on nikkas opinions going into this movie.

Also no one discusses how Marvel's current volume of projects has made nikkas exhausted and apathetic. It was inevitable that people were gonna drop off after Endgame

I know plenty of people that haven't seen any of phase 4 because they just don't care that much anymore. The only reason I watched Wakanda Forever was because I thought I was gonna have to discuss it with my friends and most of them didn't even go see it:russ:

:manny:
nikkas tried to use the incel you hate ya mama card lmfaooo

Nah this shyt has a ton of issues that become glaring after watching and digesting wtf you just saw after the theater high wears off

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was a good movie but It’s not Chadwick man… I think I would’ve preferred a recast. I just liked Chadwick more than the character I guess. Still lots to enjoy here tho.
Then how would a recast have changed anything for you?

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Y'all keep saying killmonger should've been resurrected... How do you resurrect someone that's been rotting in the ocean for 6 years?

It's as simple as saying T'Challa actually decided to save Kilmonger after their fight and then jailed him with the hope of rehabilitation.

That's what T'Challa was going to do before Killmonger said no :manny:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It's as simple as saying T'Challa actually decided to save Kilmonger after their fight and then jailed him with the hope of rehabilitation.

That's what T'Challa was going to do before Killmonger said no :manny:
Ain’t no rehabilitation.

He killed Wakandans. He tried to kill Shuri, and he was about to start a global war.

Bucky was rehabilitated because T’Challa knew he was set up and Cap asked him to.

Killmonger would’ve been put in prison for life.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Ain’t no rehabilitation.

He killed Wakandans. He tried to kill Shuri, and he was about to start a global war.

Bucky was rehabilitated because T’Challa knew he was set up and Cap asked him to.

Killmonger would’ve been put in prison for life.

Like Namor right? :russ:

But anyway T'Challa offers to save him at the end of the movie because T'Challa empathized will Kilmonger. He never wanted him dead.

I never said he wouldn't have imprisoned him but he most definitely would have tried to rehabilitate him while he had him imprisoned.