Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Nolan wouldn't have bothered with Rises if that was the case. Movie came out four years after The Dark Knight and no matter what he did, it wasn't going to live up to that film. Nolan probably had a great idea for the movie and some people ended up just not feeling it. It happens :yeshrug:. Raimi on the other hand obviously phoned in Spider-Man 3:russ:. The novelization is better than both versions of that movie they put out.

Nolan didn't want to make a third Batman movie without Heath.

WB wanted a third batman movie made and wanted Nolan to direct it. He wanted to do Inception but could only do it with a large budget.

He most likely did The Dark Knight Rises so that he would be given the required budget for Inception.

Inception had a big budget but was not expected to even be a hit and was even expected to flop.

Daps
Nolan didn't want to make a third Batman movie without Heath.

WB wanted a third batman movie made and wanted Nolan to direct it. He wanted to do Inception but could only do it with a large budget.

He most likely did The Dark Knight Rises so that he would be given the required budget for Inception.

Inception had a big budget but was not expected to even be a hit and was even expected to flop.
But The Dark Knight made WB so much money. That alone would've granted him the budget for Inception.

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah most of us went to see the movie. But unlike the first movie many us have no desire to see it again. Certainly not at the cinema. I’ve said plenty of times in this thread. I saw the first movie 6 times at the cinema. As it was a great movie, very rewatchable. As for blaming the International markets go look at the first movies numbers it was a massive success worldwide. Buoyed by massive numbers from China and South Korea especially. The appeal just wasn’t there this time for many people.

Marvel knew before the movie came out that they fukked up by not recasting or at least not permanently killing off T’Challla. Of course they’ll never say that publicly, but all their recent actions point to the fact creatives will never be allowed to make massive decisions that can affect billion dollar franchises again.

This movie is looking like it will be just above Thor: Love and Thunder and below Dr Strange when those final tallies come in, that puts it in B level MCU territory. Solid but not spectacular.

Thats embarrassing for a franchise that was setup for success. Had a great main character, ready to make that leap to the big time.

Now Chadwick dying changed a lot of things but imo Coogler has basically undone any good work he did in the first movie. The Wakandans got straight up sonned pretty much the entire movie, fact of the matter they were all but defeated by Namors people.

Now its biggest problem is its lack of four quadrant appeal. How could Disney not see how excising pretty much every important black male role except M’Baku was not going to play well in bringing in a wider audience?

The four quadrant idea of a successful movie is there for a reason. The first movie played that well to a tee. This movie is looking like overall stupid decisions that have ruined any momentum this franchise once had. Disney can only blame themselves for how this has turned out.
nah they knew exactly what they were doing and sabotaged the franchise on purpose.
We have a study that shows potential trillions of dollars were lost due to racism.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
But The Dark Knight made WB so much money. That alone would've granted him the budget for Inception.

Because they wanted Nolan to make a third Batman movie when he didn't want to.

You lock him in by telling him "if you do Batman 3, then movie you really want to do, Inception, gets a mega budget."

They were not sold on giving Inception a big budget due to it's concept and didn't think the movie would even be a hit. Even AFTER The Dark Knight and it's success.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black people as a whole really let Coogler and Bosemans legacy down.

Aint no what in hell Dr. Strange is supposed to make more than Wakanda Forever :snoop: But it looks like that's what might happen.

It's bad enough the international market is racist as fukk, but for the past year, black people were

1. threating to boycott over not recasting
2. shytting on Letitia Wright for no reason

Feige had to fight to even bring the character into the MCU. Its the only MCU property with a mostly black cast. Not supporting it means the character wont be a priority in the future. But nikkas don't care about the full picture. it will make it easier for them to scrape a movie like Blade altogether.

The first movie was carried by it's domestic gross. It will fall short by over $200 million.
Black people didn't let down shyt:mjlol: that entitlement is part of the problem

The movie ain't that good:manny: do black people not have a right to dislike the movie? Did white people let down Thor: Love And Thunder?

This movie, like the rest of phase 4, had a lot of shyt to criticize, but nikkas were in denial and opted to shame nikkas into liking it. You then want to go and be upset that it didn't perform as well for those same reasons.

Right here in this thread nikkas predicted this wouldn't perform as well because there would be no urge to rewatch it in theaters. The movie is just not good enough to want to see a second, let alone third or fourth time

And take that sob story shaming tactic somewhere else man:russ: "Feige fought hard to even bring this to us...y'all don't see the bigger picture" This is my entire issue with black folks sitting around waiting for Hollywood to give them shyt. Nikkas acting like ugly stepchildren walking on eggshells hoping white folks don't take our precious Black Panther away:camby:

"Now we not gonna get another project for a while I hope y'all happy" is a bad deterrent to criticizing bad work

And "shytting on Leticia Wright for no reason" is hilarious:mjlol: Nikkas was damn near being burned at the stake for being anti vax but now Leticia Wright is the precious one to be protected?:pachaha:

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone else besides me think this shyt would of did a little bit more better (900 million or a billion) if they recasted T’Challa?
I think we focus so much on the T'Challa issue it left no other room for critical thinking about the entire situation

Whether T'Challa was recast or not the fact of the matter is Phase 4's bad word of mouth had an effect on nikkas opinions going into this movie.

Also no one discusses how Marvel's current volume of projects has made nikkas exhausted and apathetic. It was inevitable that people were gonna drop off after Endgame

I know plenty of people that haven't seen any of phase 4 because they just don't care that much anymore. The only reason I watched Wakanda Forever was because I thought I was gonna have to discuss it with my friends and most of them didn't even go see it:russ:

:manny:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Does anyone else besides me think this shyt would of did a little bit more better (900 million or a billion) if they recasted T’Challa?
Myself and others i know did not see it because of that reason. Stupid short term thinking really has fukked up this character long term.

Daps
:francis:I hate to say it but it might be time for Coogler to move on. It's a shame that I'm watching sci fi and Amazon prime shows like The Expanse and it feels more higher stakes than a movie entry in a franchise powered by Disney.

And what I mean by that is... Wakanda is an entire African nation. How come they got barely 100 men in their military at any given point in time? :gucci:

There was barely 35 Wakandan fighters on the ship they sailed into the sea to fight Namor and his folks.

Even in BP1 when Tchalla and his crew is facing off against Kilmonger and his crew, there was less than 100 people out there.

I forgave him for that.

But now the entire nation is being attacked, the queen mother gets killed and yall only got between 35 and 50 fighters to go to war?

Bruh is a great director but it's painfully obvious that he doesn't know how to do large set pieces.

Wakanda feels so... small in Coogler's world.

I thought for sure in BP2, we would get an expanded view of the country and a look at their cities and people, but nah, this one felt even smaller than BP1.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis:I hate to say it but it might be time for Coogler to move on. It's a shame that I'm watching sci fi and Amazon prime shows like The Expanse and it feels more higher stakes than a movie entry in a franchise powered by Disney.

And what I mean by that is... Wakanda is an entire African nation. How come they got barely 100 men in their military at any given point in time? :gucci:

There was barely 35 Wakandan fighters on the ship they sailed into the sea to fight Namor and his folks.

Even in BP1 when Tchalla and his crew is facing off against Kilmonger and his crew, there was less than 100 people out there.

I forgave him for that.

But now the entire nation is being attacked, the queen mother gets killed and yall only got between 35 and 50 fighters to go to war?

Bruh is a great director but it's painfully obvious that he doesn't know how to do large set pieces.

Wakanda feels so... small in Coogler's world.

I thought for sure in BP2, we would get an expanded view of the country and a look at their cities and people, but nah, this one felt even smaller than BP1.
I agree with your post but to your point about Wakanda's numbers I chalked that up to this being a covid shoot

It was very obvious in some scenes