Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think by design Marvel cut off any sort of attempts at a Killmonger redemption arc with his storylines in the What If... show

Each time it showed that Killmonger would double cross or kill people.

Eventually he even got into it with Ultron over who gets the infinity gauntlet.

Don’t expect to ever see him come back, as an anti hero.
Some writers just have the restraint to let a dope villain remain a dope villain instead of bowing to fan pressure cause they're pressed to turn the villain into some watered down anti-hero.

But when the writers eventually give in we end up with the winter soldier. Dude was a force of nature in his first movie. Now he's cracking jokes with Anthony Mackie.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Does anyone else besides me think this shyt would of did a little bit more better (900 million or a billion) if they recasted T’Challa?
Reaching.
Y'all swear that the general public loved the idea of "T'Challa". I say this as a long time comic fan: nobody in general gave a shyt about that character. What they loved was Chadwick Bozeman playing that character. Finding another black man to play T'Challa doesn't bring Chadwick Boseman back.

Imagine saying they could replace Robert Downey Jr. with a new Tony Stark and the movie would do well?

What they needed was a lead (male or female) with gravitas and presence. And they needed to market the hell out of that person being the new Black Partner. Laetitia Wright ain't it...

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Reaching.
Y'all swear that the general public loved the idea of "T'Challa". I say this as a long time comic fan: nobody in general gave a shyt about that character. What they loved was Chadwick Bozeman playing that character. Finding another black man to play T'Challa doesn't bring Chadwick Boseman back.

Imagine saying they could replace Robert Downey Jr. with a new Tony Stark and the movie would do well?

What they needed was a lead (male or female) with gravitas and presence. And they needed to market the hell out of that person being the new Black Partner. Laetitia Wright ain't it...
I slightly disagree. You are correct - the general public did't give AF about the character. But I think they loved the idea of the Black Panther once it was presented to them. It didn't matter who was initially in the role - it would've had the same effect. It's not like Chadwick had a huge fan club before Black Panther. Then, most of the general Black Panther movie fans had never even seen Civil War at that point.

Robert Downey Jr was special. When he was cast, the initial response from comic book and movie fans was "well, he does live a life that resembles Tony Stark. It could definitely work." RDJ was an acting/creative genius that was self-destructive with an addiction problem.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The overseas numbers are :snoop:

Not including China, only doing $386 million is a disgrace.

Thor Love and Thunder was ass and got bad reviews, yet still made $$30 million more overseas.
The first one wasn't big overseas either, but it had China and the domestic legs to carry it.

Overseas are way more anti-Black towards their entertainment than America, truth be told.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Reaching.

Disagree, plenty of people loved the black panther first and foremost given it was the first prominent/leading black super hero in MCU + comes from a black world. There are a lot of us who wanted a new tchalla/male BP, respect to Boseman, but a recast would have helped this franchise from tchalla’s role in the avengers to a bp3, now all of that is bushed

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Some writers just have the restraint to let a dope villain remain a dope villain instead of bowing to fan pressure cause they're pressed to turn the villain into some watered down anti-hero.

But when the writers eventually give in we end up with the winter soldier. Dude was a force of nature in his first movie. Now he's cracking jokes with Anthony Mackie.

True, Bucky in The Winter Soldier was an absolute beast.

Genuinely terrifying. Now though? eh he lost his edge time ago.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree, plenty of people loved the black panther
I agree. But notice you said they loved "Black Panther" not "T'Challa". They loved Chadwick not T'Challa.

I'm trying to get everyone off this idea that recasting T'Challa was a key issue with the general public. It wasn't. T'Challa was just Chadwick. Outside of Chadwick he doesn't exist in their minds.

What we need is a new Black Panther to look up to. We don't currently have that. Fortunately the story allows for that mantel to be passed on. They just didn't pass it on to someone people could admire as a top tier hero...yet

Y'all are seriously underestimating Marvel's run on just casting the right actors. Robert Downey Jr. Chris Evans. Hemsworth. Chadwick. Pratt. They made those characters. Nobody cares about Tony Stark before Downey. You can try to recast Stark but you'd be better off just finding a new Iron Man.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Reaching.

Sorry but this is dumb as shyt

T’challa to Black Pather is Bruce Wayne to Batman

Nobody talks about Bruce wayne but folks still say wtf if bruce wayne aint rocking the mantel no matter if there was a short run of him not being batman, he is the definitive batman.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T'challa to Black Pather is Bruce Wayne to Batman
:russ:
Ok. You're up in your feelings and want that to be true. But come on...Bruce Wayne? You going to say Clark Kent next? Bruce Wayne's obsessive, disciplined personality; and his flashy showboating to throw people off his masked vigilante work? That's legend at this point. What's movie T'Challa's personality to the general public?

I'm a long time Black Panther comic fan. If you said this about comics T'Challa - I'd agree. But movie T'Challa wasn't even in enough movies to come close. And while he was dope in Civil War, he took a bit of a back seat in his own movie (still liked it tho).

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Ok. You're up in your feelings and want that to be true. But come on...Bruce Wayne? You going to say Clark Kent next? Bruce Wayne's obsessive, disciplines personality is legend at this point. What's movie T'Challa's personality to the general public?

I'm a long time Black Panther comic fan. If you said this about comics T'Challa - I'd agree. But movie T'Challa wasn't even in enough movies to come close. And while he was dope in Civil War, he took a bit of a back seat in his own movie (still liked it tho).

I`m in my feelings because you look silly?

ok

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Ok. You're up in your feelings and want that to be true. But come on...Bruce Wayne? You going to say Clark Kent next? Bruce Wayne's obsessive, disciplines personality is legend at this point. What's movie T'Challa's personality to the general public?

How you like the comics and like the 1st film BP? The only representation we got from Tchalla that was close to the comics was Civil War BP.