Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
yeah man. black men or men in general just think its weird that. these big buff ass dudes who train all day and are from a magical world are shown mostly usless when something pops off.

mbaku tribe was cool in the first movie. now they are just standing around or getting their ass beat everytime. lol

thats one of the biggest problems in the 2nd movie. its either the BP/ and dora milajae or bust in the movie. thats why why namor's army kicked there ass. they make a group of bodyguards(who really only supposed to protect black panther) to the only viable protection instead of making the actual protection of wakanda, the tribes/army, competent and skilled.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Why not both?:mjlol:

It's not like any of the ideas presented are unprecedented and what I said about Wakanda is true

Both their king and queen were murdered and both killers are alive and well

Klaw is only dead because of Killmonger

The Dora had EVERY right to kill those soldiers and didn't while in the very next scene the Talokan was singing suicide songs to them nikkas

You can deny it all you want but it's all in front of you

you right. and wakandans should have been written just as strong and way smarter than the mexicans. so when shuri kills namor it wouldnt have been a problem.

thats why i liked killmonger, he got shyt done and wouldnt have let namor lived.....even if he was outmatched he would have died fighting. (conveniently killmonger is made to be a villian)

nikkas always got a reason to be scary of shyt and wonder why they where they at in real life. :russ:

some shyt you gotta be willingly to die for. :manny:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
its not doing as well as the first one in the box office

nah
if you look at other marvel trilogies like iron man, thor or captain America, the trend is always improving
in the case of BP, the first one was 1.3 billion, the second one is barely going to crack 800 million
there is no guarantee a third movie is going to gross 800 million, especially if they continue with this feminist agenda

:mjlol:BP1 IS THE 6TH HIGHEST GROSSING
FILM IN AMERICAN HISTORY GOOFY.

shyt DID BETTER NUMBERS
THAN INFINITY WAR IN THE U.S.

GET THIS DISINGENIOUS shyt
OUTTA HERE.
:devil:
:evil:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I’m glad I didn’t listen to the disgruntled coli haters and went and saw this for myself.

I loved it. I thought it was fantastic. Better than the first one I think.(for now, need to rewatch the first one).
I agree, I think the dramatic beats were excellent. It really exceeded expectations in that regard.
They did sideline males, so if you need that to enjoy a movie I understand. But luckily that type of thing does not bother me. Let the ladies get their action movie on, it's the exception not the norm. So it isn't a point of complaint for me.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I'm thinking about the crossover potential now. The potential is massive now that a younger actor is in the mix. I can easily see a scene where a character says something like "I can't figure out this metal" then another says "I think I might know someone who can help. He's young, but he knows his stuff" then they pull up to his door and you hear those drums. :wow:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
its official

FiGqbCjVEAAA-v2

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m glad I didn’t listen to the disgruntled coli haters and went and saw this for myself.

I loved it. I thought it was fantastic. Better than the first one I think.(for now, need to rewatch the first one).

Yeah, site is heavily biased against the film. You have to take a lot opinions on it with a grain of salt. Though that probably goes for most films nowadays because if a movie isn't perfect or flawless, people tend to act like its the worst thing of all time.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, site is heavily biased against the film. You have to take a lot opinions on it with a grain of salt. Though that probably goes for most films nowadays because if a movie isn't perfect or flawless, people tend to act like its the worst thing of all time.
I think the majority who saw it liked it. Just some of the people who didn't like it are really vocal about it.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Yeah, site is heavily biased against the film.

Partly but the views here do represent a lot of people. Even cacs on youtube and elsewhere on social media were grousing about Marvel not recasting T'Challa and the lack of male representation.

And that definitely hurt the box office.

Because the problem is that you can't expect men to want to watch a film when men are deliberately excluded from it. When they watched the previous film in the franchise because of the male lead. :francis:

As for Ramonda, Angela Bassett was right, you can't do that to her character and expect people to be ok with it. And it should be impossible anyway given how medically advanced they are.

Which is yet another reason why people don't want to re-watch it and the box office isn't doing as well. Also Shuri could have been motivated to do her job just from Wakanda being attacked if Coogler was a better writer and didn't go for cheap trauma to shock people.

Which lesser directors tend to do because they're not good at their jobs.

Also something partly instructive was Coogler during a recent interview was him relaying a story about how Chadwick was saying years ago that this franchise was going to be like Star Wars and the kids will love it. And he said he didn't get it at the time.

And I still don't think he does and that's why Wakanda feels weak. He doesn't get how powerful and impressive they're supposed to be.

Last edited: