CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
the funny thing is people complained that Killmonger got killed off. Now they wanted Namor to be killed. :mjlol:

I guarantee if Namor got killed, people arguments would just switch to "they always kill their interesting villains".

:gucci: PPL WERE MAD KILLMONGER
GOT KILLED OFF BECAUSE
HE WAS PRO BLACK AMERICAN.

NOBODY GIVES A fukk
ABOUT THIS MEXICAN.
:devil:
:evil:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I seen the film. Honestly if you cast aside your knowledge of the comic and geaux in there understanding this film was not made for us, you will find it was a solid fukking film. Namor was displayed great. My only gripe is Man-Ape. He shouldve got a power up by killing the Mystical White Ape. He is a comic fonder at this point. And Shuri didnt have the spear of Bashenga. Outside of that, the movie was amazing and I hated the 1st film with a passion.

I feel like the new Tchalla will be more comic book accurate with his battle strategy and high intelligence.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

:gucci: PPL WERE MAD KILLMONGER
GOT KILLED OFF BECAUSE
HE WAS PRO BLACK AMERICAN.

NOBODY GIVES A fukk
ABOUT THIS MEXICAN.
:devil:
:evil:

Namor is a good strong villain/anti-hero that is a staple of the comics. And especially if the MCU plans on doing some kind of illuminati in the main MCU universe you going to want to start building that up.

And i'll repeat, if he got killed people definitely would have just switched over to "they always kill their good villains" argument.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Coogler was definitely wrong to do that. And she was right to be upset and argue with him about it. Also how does drowning even happen in Wakanda? Because it should basically be impossible because of their medical technology.

Furthermore, Namor gets spared but Ramonda doesn't? Because eternal war or not that's your mother. He would have to go.

In fact that could be part of a Black Panther Part 3. A continuation of the war with Namor and his people.
if they made him white they could've killed him :mjpls:, but now that wakanda full on open borders with Taco-land, Marvel can't kill him,

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the funny thing is people complained that Killmonger got killed off. Now they wanted Namor to be killed. :mjlol:

I guarantee if Namor got killed, people arguments would just switch to "they always kill their interesting villains".
It's not so much that they want Namor to be killed

They're more upset that shyt was written in a such a way that Namor HAD to be killed

Bassett was right about how furious nikkas would be over her death. I get it:manny:

Now the reasonable comparison can be made that Peter spared Goblin in No Way Home but Peter is not the leader of a nation so there's that

The problem I'd offer in regards to Wakanda is they haven't really been allowed to kill anyone, which is directly opposed to how they are in the comics. They didn't even kill those soldiers at the beginning of the movie and they SHOULD have.

Meanwhile the Talokan murdered the FUKK out of the soldiers invading them. Overall the Talokan looked more serious, assertive, and about business than the Wakandans did

These things add up and nikkas start getting frustrated and think MCU Wakanda looks weak

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

They're more upset that shyt was written in a such a way that Namor HAD to be killed

Bassett was right about how furious nikkas would be over her death. I get it:manny:

Now the reasonable comparison can be made that Peter spared Goblin in No Way Home but Peter is not the leader of a nation so there's that

The problem I'd offer in regards to Wakanda is they haven't really been allowed to kill anyone, which is directly opposed to how they are in the comics. They didn't even kill those soldiers at the beginning of the movie and they SHOULD have

These things add up and nikkas start getting frustrated and think MCU Wakanda looks weak
I think they are trying to paint them as "good, righteous, noble" not "weak".
Vengeful Murder is generally frowned upon. lol

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think they are trying to paint them as "good, righteous, noble" not "weak".
Vengeful Murder is generally frowned upon. lol
Of course they were. The problem is black folks are always given the burden of looking noble and moral in the face of attacks and oppression and a lot of us are tired of that shyt

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

The problem I'd offer in regards to Wakanda is they haven't really been allowed to kill anyone, which is directly opposed to how they are in the comics. They didn't even kill those soldiers at the beginning of the movie and they SHOULD have

I agree...but the MCU aint made for us. Its made for these dumb ass folk who prolly dont even read books in general and scroll social media as their daily reading. Yes I get it. We made the movies possible by buying the comic for over 50 yrs. But this aint for us. And it shows. So once you compartmentalize that, you will save yourself the headache. It is what it is.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree...but the MCU aint made for us. Its made for these dumb ass folk who prolly dont even read books in general and scroll social media as their daily reading. Yes I get it. We made the movies possible by buying the comic for over 50 yrs. But this aint for us. And it shows. So once you compartmentalize that, you will save yourself the headache. It is what it is.
Oh I'm fully aware it's not for us. I'm not moved either way by this movie

But it's being discussed so I'm discussing it:russ:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

The problem I'd offer in regards to Wakanda is they haven't really been allowed to kill anyone, which is directly opposed to how they are in the comics. They didn't even kill those soldiers at the beginning of the movie and they SHOULD have.

Meanwhile the Talokan murdered the FUKK out of their soldiers. Overall the Talokan looked more serious, assertive, and about business than the Wakandans did

Namor didn't have to be killed, because there is war at stake, a war with an equally vibranium-yoked up nation. There was more at stake than a personal beef. The Wakandas where looking like they were about to be wiped out before Shuri showed back up with Namor to end the shyt.

Your logic is all over the place.

Namor's fighters were more capable from top to bottom. Even after Okoye "killed" some of them on the bridge, they got right back up like nothing happened. So your solution is to start a war with these people that get right back up after being "killed", after you've take consecutive L's to them, when Shuri chose a better "play nice" option to stop the Ls.

"but Namor had to be killed" :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Of course they were. The problem is black folks are always given the burden of looking noble and moral in the face of attacks and oppression and a lot of us are tired of that shyt
Always?
The previous movie T'Chaka killed his own brother. And he was portrayed as "good". So that's not accurate.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I seen the film. Honestly if you cast aside your knowledge of the comic and geaux in there understanding this film was not made for us, you will find it was a solid fukking film. Namor was displayed great. My only gripe is Man-Ape. He shouldve got a power up by killing the Mystical White Ape. He is a comic fonder at this point. And Shuri didnt have the spear of Bashenga. Outside of that, the movie was amazing and I hated the 1st film with a passion.

I feel like the new Tchalla will be more comic book accurate with his battle strategy and high intelligence.

you of all people should no by now coogler has no interest in comic accurate T'challa/ black panther (they gave signature weapons to a side character ):francis:

T'challa jr just gives coogler/disney marval more justification to make more changes to T'challa/ black panther in the future

nikka going to be a black/wakandan peter parker getting his power's from being bit by a vibranium sick monkey :mjlol:sneaking out of wakanda to go fight street crime in south Africa and shyt