CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Angela Bassett had some of if not the best acting I've seen in a marvel movie.....................and they killed her off :francis:

EASILY THE BEST ACTING
IN A MARVEL FLICK...

COMPLETELY FORGOT I WAS
WATCHING A MARVEL FLICK
UNTIL THAT DISNEY ASS ENDING.

:devil:
:evil:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
This was ok to me..around a 7 to 7.5..I went in with low expectations, it was better than what I expected but it was just hard to get invested in shuri as the main character. Also didn’t like how everyone was using robot suits damn near. Namor was hands down the best part of the movie…

the after credit scene definitely makes things more interesting going forward :lupe:
It's a 6. 6.5 at best

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Angela Bassett had some of if not the best acting I've seen in a marvel movie.....................and they killed her off
:francis:

Coogler was definitely wrong to do that. And she was right to be upset and argue with him about it. Also how does drowning even happen in Wakanda? Because it should basically be impossible because of their medical technology.

Furthermore, Namor gets spared but Ramonda doesn't? Because eternal war or not that's your mother. He would have to go.

In fact that could be part of a Black Panther Part 3. A continuation of the war with Namor and his people.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really think if Boseman never died this would have been the GOAT Marvel movie. Everything would have flowed much better. Riri probably was just cameo status at first.

T'Challa vs Namor.....T'Challa vs Namor:mjcry:
Might've even got a Doom post credit scene.

I would love to read the original script. I have a strong suspicion that it would've closed this phase with a bang.

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because you and everyone going into the movie knew Namor wasn't going to die. Of all the reasons to deduct points you chose a ridiculous one :stopitslime:

Maybe they could have handled the aftermath of the battle better. She could have brought him back beaten and have him put in the order to retreat but based on his arrogance and his people's will to fight for him that might not have gone over well. He got to save face in the end and not look weak.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Are people really upset Shuri spared Namor when the MCU already showed T'Challa sparing Zemo after killing his father? It's a morality play. Does revenge really heal or solve problems?

Yes they're complaints and problems are based on any form of logic. If you have to explain the basics of story telling to them it's probably a waste of your time.

I can't remember a marvel film where so many bodies were caught on both sides and people are nitpicking that they didn't kill of a major character and potential money opportunity with the Hispanic market.