The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Might've even got a Doom post credit scene.

I would love to read the original script. I have a strong suspicion that it would've closed this phase with a bang.
That remind me Damn Wakanda lost T'Chaka, Killmonger, Ramonda.............. T'Challa in black panther 1 damn near dead, T'Challa in infinity wars, T'challa in black panther 2.
Damn they're going through more leaders in a short time than Britain.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That remind me Damn Wakanda lost T'Chaka, Killmonger, Ramonda.............. T'Challa in black panther 1 damn near dead, T'Challa in infinity wars, T'challa in black panther 2.
Damn they're going through more leaders in a short time than Britain.
I'm guessing Ramonda's death is a holdover from the original script, because having her die after already having T'Challa die felt like a bit too much for one film. I wonder if we were going to get T'Challa get into a little spat with Shuri, with T'Challa trying to stop Shuri's revenge for their mother's death at the hands of Namor

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I'm guessing Ramonda's death is a holdover from the original script, because having her die after already having T'Challa die felt like a bit too much for one film. I wonder if we were going to get T'Challa get into a little spat with Shuri, with T'Challa trying to stop Shuri's revenge for their mother's death at the hands of Namor
Yeah that would honestly make anyone snap (no pun intended) :mjcry:
I liked that she encountered killmonger in that spirit realm because honestly not a damn soul wouldn't be out for blood after all this

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not denying that, but that might have been a side effect of Coogler wanting to make this film “sad”.

The storyline in the comics is Namor lives and gets killed later when T’Challa takes back his crown. Honestly it would be gangster if at a later time she gives either Shuri or T’Challa II permission to kill Namor. In the comic it's done in such a way none of his people could find out. Also it establishes the out used in the comic to go from Shuri, to T’Challa. Then from there they could get real trippy and do the Wakanda in space comic or the Ultimates. They could also maybe do T’Challa II going against the fantastic 4 as a skill test, or marrying storm. Namor living even if bad logic has a high payoff if they use it to switch back to T’Challa.
One of Coogler's flaws is he only knows how to create motivation through death. He's revealed himself to be a one trick pony in some facets

The reason people are so upset about this one because black people already deal with death so much and in this movie, that is already plagued with a looming black death, you kill another black person with the same amount of "black pain and death" gravitas and thats too much/infuriating/exhausting to a lot of us. Even Angela Bassett knew he was trippin

They could've put T'Challa's death on Namor in some way because it's not like they didn't exploit Chadwick's death anyway, so don't give me that "that's too far" shyt

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
One of Coogler's flaws is he only knows how to create motivation through death. He's revealed himself to be a one trick pony in some facets

The reason people are so upset about this one because black people already deal with death so much and in this movie, that is already plagued with a looming black death, you kill another black person with the same amount of "black pain and death" gravitas and thats too much/infuriating/exhausting to a lot of us. Even Angela Bassett knew he was trippin

They could've put T'Challa's death on Namor in some way because it's not like they didn't exploit Chadwick's death anyway, so don't give me that "that's too far" shyt
That to me is the weirdest thing with this movie but then I remember when they wrote and filmed this was closer to Chadwick’s actual death. I could see them not wanting to burden the character (and the actor because people are stupid as shyt) with blame for BP’s death and by extension Chadwicks death. We can be adults here but idiots cannot separate fact from fiction all the time....

I’m not defending Coogler killing the Queen, I’m saying Namor surviving from a future storyline point makes sense. The comic doesn't have BP kill Namor at the end and that leads to one of the better BP storylines in recent history. The comic doesn't kill the Queen, either. Coogler added that, but at this point, Namor has plot armor so they can follow the comic’s storyline.

Snake316

Pro
Daps
I respect the choreography, production values, and acting. But, I HATED the script and writing. Namor getting away with killing the Queen...just irked me. Also they crapped on Killmonger again. So many black people agreed with Killmonger. Which is what made him such an iconic character in the 1st film.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect the choreography, production values, and acting. But, I HATED the script and writing. Namor getting away with killing the Queen...just irked me. Also they crapped on Killmonger again. So many black people agreed with Killmonger. Which is what made him such an iconic character in the 1st film.

Theres no way that shyt stands with all of Wakanda. M’baku had the right mind set being diplomatic but maybe that plays into the next storyline with shuri forming them Hatute dudes and keep tabs on namor until the right time and make it look like someone else did it. He gots to pay for that shyt tho breh for real

:pacspit:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Yes they're complaints and problems are based on any form of logic. If you have to explain the basics of story telling to them it's probably a waste of your time.

I can't remember a marvel film where so many bodies were caught on both sides and people are nitpicking that they didn't kill of a major character and potential money opportunity with the Hispanic market.
the funny thing is people complained that Killmonger got killed off. Now they wanted Namor to be killed. :mjlol:

I guarantee if Namor got killed, people arguments would just switch to "they always kill their interesting villains".

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
the funny thing is people complained that Killmonger got killed off. Now they wanted Namor to be killed. :mjlol:

I guarantee if Namor got killed, people arguments would just switch to "they always kill their interesting villains".

Coogler thought it would be a good idea to get rid of a Black man that he supposedly ideologically agreed with but kept the latino man even after what he did to Wakanda :mjpls: And as for the latino base he could be brought back through comic book logic or they could just "recast" the role to get a new Namor.

Also he refused to re-cast T'Challa, got rid of Forest Whitaker's character, Sterling K Brown, and others. And the last two actors are two of the best actors in Hollywood.

And heck Daniel Kaluuya probably passed on this movie because Coogler planned on getting rid of him too so he did Nope instead.

Also with this film he made Wakanda Forever, Matriarchy Forever with Black men relegated to side and comic relief roles. So he needs to get it together or step away from the franchise.

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Coogler thought it would be a good idea to get rid of a Black man that he supposedly ideologically agreed with but kept the latino man even after what he did to Wakanda :mjpls: And as for the latino base he could be brought back through comic book logic or they could just "recast" the role to get a new Namor.

Also he refused to re-cast T'Challa, got rid of Forest Whitaker's character, Sterling K Brown, and others. And the last two actors are two of the best actors in Hollywood.

And with this film he made Wakanda Forever, Matriarchy Forever with Black men relegated to side and comic relief roles. So he needs to get it together or step away from the franchise.
yall overthinking stuff. Nobody saw Chadwicks death coming and they probably made the decision not to recast during an emotional period in the process and they just stuck with that decision to avoid flip flopping. And i'm sure it was a team decision too.

but yeah, Namor is a good strong villain and they kept him around. It's a good decision.