Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Exactly, what kind of leader willingly dooms their entire people to an eternal struggle with underwater Al Qaeda powered by vibranium? That was a long term decision for a kingdom being made instead of a daughter avenging her mother in the moment.
So it's a bit weird though and it goes to the comic and I think they may come to it in the movies. Because T’Challa let Namor live too because he didn't think he was completely evil, but sort of insane when he flooded Wakanda.

In the comic T’Challa does not initially kill Namor either after he floods the city... Over time they don't become friends but necessary allies due to the ending incursions (mentioned in MoM) together. Everytime T’Challa see Shuri or his ancestors they continually urge him to kill Namor. They hint to it by giving T’challa a royal sword and everywhere he goes he is told to “put the sword where it belongs”. Eventually Namor does some backsliding into being a villain and T’Challa stabs him with the sword (putting it where it belongs) and leaves him for dead.

I could see that being the long play here if they didn't do that dream scene, though who knows, all this could be leading up to that regardless. Either way I would not be surprised if they take the story between Namor and BP down that arc. It was a major part of the lead up to the last Secret Wars and would translate great in film. It would also be a interesting way to maybe signify T’Challa II as taking his place as BP. Since the last person to ask T’Challa to put the sword where it belongs was Shuri before she sacrificed herself for Wakanda. Afterwards T’Challa becomes the official BP again.

Also, at that point T’Challa did not care because the universe was dying (which I think will be part of the Kang Dynasty storyline....) and he stabbed Namor off planet where nobody was there to witness it outside of co-conspirators.

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So it's a bit weird though and it goes to the comic and I think they may come to it in the movies. Because T’Challa let Namor live too because he didn't think he was completely evil, but sort of insane when he flooded Wakanda.

In the comic T’Challa does not initially kill Namor either after he floods the city... Over time they don't become friends but necessary allies due to the ending incursions (mentioned in MoM) together. Everytime T’Challa see Shuri or his ancestors they continually urge him to kill Namor. They hint to it by giving T’challa a royal sword and everywhere he goes he is told to “put the sword where it belongs”. Eventually Namor does some backsliding into being a villain and T’Challa stabs him with the sword (putting it where it belongs) and leaves him for dead.

I could see that being the long play here if they didn't do that dream scene, though who knows, all this could be leading up to that regardless. Either way I would not be surprised if they take the story between Namor and BP down that arc. It was a major part of the lead up to the last Secret Wars and would translate great in film. It would also be a interesting way to maybe signify T’Challa II as taking his place as BP. Since the last person to ask T’Challa to put the sword where it belongs was Shuri before she sacrificed herself for Wakanda. Afterwards T’Challa becomes the official BP again.

Also, at that point T’Challa did not care because the universe was dying (which I think will be part of the Kang Dynasty storyline....) and he stabbed Namor off planet where nobody was there to witness it outside of co-conspirators.

HE WAS POSSESSED BY THE PHOENIX FORCE IN THE COMIC...

THIS DUDE WAS VERY SANE
AND PULLED UP TO WAKANDA
MAKING THREATS FROM
THE START OF THE MOVIE.

VERY WEIRD TO REACH
FOR A CONNECTION WHEN HIS
AGENDA WAS VERY CLEAR
THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE.

:devil:
:evil:

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City

HE WAS POSSESSED BY THE PHOENIX FORCE IN THE COMIC...

THIS DUDE WAS VERY SANE
AND PULLED UP TO WAKANDA
MAKING THREATS FROM
THE START OF THE MOVIE.

VERY WEIRD TO REACH
FOR A CONNECTION WHEN HIS
AGENDA WAS VERY CLEAR
THROUGHOUT THE MOVIE.

I am not reaching, or trying to justify it. I am saying don't be surprised if that is where they go

Stabbing/killing Namor is a pretty straightforward way to establish T’Challa II as the next BP.

Shuri not doing it reflects T’Challa not doing it in the comics. It also gave Namor some of the best character development as well with him acting like a hero but teasing T’Challa several times for not killing him and T’Challa trying to do the right thing to save the world. Eventually T’Challa just had enough and set Namor and left him to die. No reason to not do it again, especially when it lets T’Challa II take over as BP.

There really aren't any Shuri BP stories besides this one and with the introduction of T’Challa II they are basically able to follow it to it's conclusion.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I am not reaching, or trying to justify it. I am saying don't be surprised if that is where they go

Stabbing/killing Namor is a pretty straightforward way to establish T’Challa II as the next BP.

Shuri not doing it reflects T’Challa not doing it in the comics. It also gave Namor some of the best character development as well with him acting like a hero but teasing T’Challa several times for not killing him and T’Challa trying to do the right thing to save the world. Eventually he just had enough and set him and left him to die. No reason to not do it again, especially when it lets T’Challa II take over as BP.

I WOULD AGREE IF
HE DIDNT KILL THE QUEEN...

IT WAS A LITERAL HIT JOB.

UNLIKE THE COMIC
FLOODING WAKANDA WAS JUST
A MEANS OF GETTING HIS ARMY IN.

THEY WERE ONLY THERE
TO KILL THE QUEEN.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
315597883_10220382615386756_6311530361942622334_n.jpg

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City

I WOULD AGREE IF
HE DIDNT KILL THE QUEEN...

IT WAS A LITERAL HIT JOB.

UNLIKE THE COMIC
FLOODING WAKANDA WAS JUST
A MEANS OF GETTING HIS ARMY IN.

THEY WERE ONLY THERE
TO KILL THE QUEEN.

Not denying that, but that might have been a side effect of Coogler wanting to make this film “sad”.

The storyline in the comics is Namor lives and gets killed later when T’Challa takes back his crown. Honestly it would be gangster if at a later time she gives either Shuri or T’Challa II permission to kill Namor. In the comic it's done in such a way none of his people could find out. Also it establishes the out used in the comic to go from Shuri, to T’Challa. Then from there they could get real trippy and do the Wakanda in space comic or the Ultimates. They could also maybe do T’Challa II going against the fantastic 4 as a skill test, or marrying storm. Namor living even if bad logic has a high payoff if they use it to switch back to T’Challa.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES
YOU nikkaS REPEAT
"iT wOuLd bE a tHoUsAnD yR wAr"
ITS NOT GONNA COVER FOR
THAT shytTY WRITING.

DONT WRITE THE nikka KILLING
THE QUEEN INTO THE SCRIPT
IF YOU WANT TO AVOID WAR.

KILLING THE QUEEN IS LITERALLY
WAR FOR A THOUSAND YR TYPE shyt.

EVEN ANGELA BASSET
WENT TO COOGLER AND SAID
"WTF IS THIS" WHEN SHE READ
THAT DEATH SCENE.

I call bullshyt. Link it up if it's real.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Not denying that, but that might have been a side effect of Coogler wanting to make this film “sad”.

The storyline in the comics is Namor lives and gets killed later when T’Challa takes back his crown. Honestly it would be gangster if at a later time she gives either Shuri or T’Challa II permission to kill Namor. In the comic it's done in such a way none of his people could find out.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT
HAPPENS IN THE COMIC.

POINT IS THE MOVIE
AND COMIC ARENT ALIKE
IN ANY WAY AND COMPLETELY
UNRELATED.

THEY ALREADY WROTE IN THE
PLOT ARMOR SO KILLING HIM
LATER ON MAKES NO SENSE.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT
HAPPENS IN THE COMIC.

POINT IS THE MOVIE
AND COMIC ARENT ALIKE
IN ANY WAY AND COMPLETELY
UNRELATED.

THEY ALREADY WROTE IN THE
PLOT ARMOR SO KILLING HIM
LATER ON MAKES NO SENSE.

Actually the comic deals with that perfectly. I am not saying they should of killed the Queen, but the comic story is Namor lives after this war.

In the comic they set him up later, isolate him from everyone, and attempt to assassinate him. They then hide the fact they tried to kill him from everyone. It actually fits perfectly, and the 1000 year war being why they have to assassinate him makes sense. Wakandans are not a forgiving people, but they are smart.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You and the title of that article sensationalized that shyt for sure, but I'll allow it.

:gucci:

ME:
"EVEN ANGELA BASSET
WENT TO COOGLER AND SAID
"WTF IS THIS" WHEN SHE READ
THAT DEATH SCENE."

ANGELA:
“I objected,” she said. “Yeah, I was like, ‘Ryan, what are you doing? Why? You will rue the day! You will rue the demise of [Ramonda]. People are gonna be so upset,’ ” warned the actress

RUN ALONG