THE WAKANDANS HANDLE THEM
EASILY IF THEY WANTED
TO WRITE THEM THAT WAY.

THOSE PPL CANT EVEN BREATH AIR.

KNOCK THEIR MASKS OFF AND
THEYRE DONE WITHOUT NAMOR.
:myman::devil:
:evil:

Yeah, Coogler should've wrote it that Shuri's synthetic herb was sooooo skrong, that it resurrected a T'Challa from the future and he was soooo skrong, that he just punches a hole in the ocean and made it swallow up the whole Talokhan and Namor altogether. And then say, "that's for my momma, you bish nikka." On some One-Punch Man shyt.:banderas:

Wait...that's a "messycan" thumbnail. Can't be sharing them in this thread. This is better.:myman:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, Coogler should've wrote it that Shuri's synthetic herb was sooooo skrong, that it resurrected a T'Challa from the future and he was soooo skrong, that he just punches a hole in the ocean and made it swallow up the whole Talokhan and Namor altogether. And then say, "that's for my momma, you bish nikka." On some One-Punch Man shyt.:banderas:

Wait...that's a "messycan" thumbnail. Can't be sharing them in this thread. This is better.:myman:

:dead:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How does one get into voice acting?

It's very difficult, to be completely honest.

When most people hear my voice, they say something along the lines of "Oh, you should be in radio". So, when I was around 19-20, I just decided to buy into my own hype, and started searching on how to break into the business.

I owned a 2003 Nissan Z at the time, and I recorded my demo in my car. Just me reading some lines I found in a monologue book, using different voices and my real voice. shytty mic, shyttier demo, but I actually landed my first video game with that :mjlol:

What I later found is that it's circular-- you need an agent to get the good roles, but you need a body of work to land an agent. So, I got better at recording my own demos, bought better mics, and finally got an agent.

I'm currently on my third agency-- first one ripped me off, and being a newb, I didn't know shyt about how it's supposed to work. Second agency, I left them for my third agency, because they REALLY wanted me to do commercials (because commercial work tends to not be union, and they pay a larger cut to the agency, which is 20% for non-union work. Commercials pay a lot of bread, especially if they're national).

My real passion is character work, so that's mainly where my current agency focuses my auditions. I still get auditions for commercials though, because, like I said, they pay a lot and the agency cut is better because they're typically not SAG.

So, to answer your question, based on my experience, get a demo, shop yourself around to agencies.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cacs complaing abou Riri ironmaning:comeon:

I think comic Riri is god awful but the mcu isn't as much as a mary sue so far

It's a valid criticism to have about Riri tho

People misconstrue Mary Sue as being about skills and competence. Lack of challenges and losses is what makes a Mary Sue. Movies in the last decade doing the girl power shyt feature women that have no challenges and often don't even get hit by men. They're just amazing with no work and a pretty, unbloody face at the end of the movie

The MCU largely hasn't had Mary Sues and I won't go so far to put that on Riri or Shuri but the issues stem from them having Mary Sue elements

One one hand Shuri was catching HANDS from Namor, which is mostly all I ask from these strong female characters. You wanna be a hero? Fine but heros get beat the fukk up before they win. Attuma vs Okoye on the bridge is a great fight because it's a FIGHT. It's not Okoye bodying shyt just because she's amazing

The Mary Sue elements for Riri and Shuri stem from the lack of challenges in relation to their prowess. Shuri in the suit don't hit the same because we don't see the previous physical challenges we've just seen her with them blasters.

You posted that clip from Iron Man but Tony is the worst example you could use. We saw Tony build that shyt in a cave with no heart under the threat of death. He HAD to figure that shyt out. Even throughout Iron Man we saw Tony trying and failing to make that suit. Throughout the MCU we've seen Tony have some true challenges and take some huge Ls. THIS is what attaches us to characters. It's the journey of wins and losses

Riri builds a vibraniunm detector just because she's amazing. Riri makes Iron Man suits just because she's amazing. What people miss with writing these strong, brilliant females is being amazing is fine, but we still gotta see the road and the bruises. You can't just tack on accolades and expect respect. This is my biggest overall issue with Wakanda Forever. Shyt just happens and it's unearned with no room to breathe

That's also why "M'Baku became king at the end tho" ain't hittin because he didn't do anything worth being excited about. So what?

I mention Kill Bill a lot because it's a perfect example of what I'm saying. The movie tells you the Bride is amazing but you see her get FUKKED up all throughout the movie. Her hitting Bill with the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique works because we saw her go through that hard ass training with Pai Mei. We saw this bytch get shot, raped, sliced, and buried alive trying to reach her goal

Mary Sues come from people trying to write women like men, but erasing all of the challenges that make male heroes heroic

AGAIN I don't think Wakanda Forever is a complete Mary Sue movie, especially with those fights I mentioned, but there are a few Mary Sue elements that need work. I've said Okoye is the best character in the movie because she had the most substantial arc of wins and losses juxtaposed with her competence

And for what it's worth, I don't watch The Rock's movies for all the reasons I mentioned. He just walks through his movies undamaged and unchallenged

Last edited:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Exactly, what kind of leader willingly dooms their entire people to an eternal struggle with underwater Al Qaeda powered by vibranium? That was a long term decision for a kingdom being made instead of a daughter avenging her mother in the moment.

ONCE AGAIN THAT WAS ONLY
AN OPTION BECAUSE THEY
WROTE IT INTO THE MOVIE
JUST SO SILLY nikkaS CAN SAY
"iT wOuLd bE a tHoUsAnD yR wAr"

:dead:THEY SIMPLY
WROTE A SCRIPT WHERE THE
WAKANDANS WIN IN THEIR
OWN fukkING MOVIE
AND GODS/THOUSAND YR
WARS ARE NEVER MENTIONED.

IS THAT SO HARD TO
COMPREHEND?
:devil:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
yeah the ending made no sense to me. he floods them out... murders the Queen cold blooded and all is forgiven? why?

"Yield" was a worse end than "Martha"

Still a good movie overall... but stans don't wanna address the end

Stans don't wanna address the end because the movie already did.

If they kill him the Taolkan would be at war with the Wakandan's forever and Wakanda might lose that.

As Princess AND Black Panther the wise move for her country is to forge an alliance.

The Taolokan had the Wakandan's beat too. Shuri sparing Namor's life led to him telling them to back down which in turn saved Nakia, Mbaka, Okoye, and the rest of their military force.

Killing him would feel good in the moment but doom her people for eternity and spell the end for Wakanda :manny:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

If they kill him the Taolkan would be at war with the Wakandan's forever and Wakanda might lose that.

As Princess AND Black Panther the wise move for her country is to forge an alliance.

The Taolokan had the Wakandan's beat too. Shuri sparing Namor's life led to him telling them to back down which in turn saved Nakia, Mbaka, Okoye, and the rest of their military force.

Killing him would feel good in the moment but doom her people for eternity and spell the end for Wakanda :manny:
I think that plot point is urking some. lol
They wanted the "good guys" to win full stop. This nuanced crap is not universally loved.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

ONCE AGAIN THAT WAS ONLY
AN OPTION BECAUSE THEY
WROTE IT INTO THE MOVIE
JUST SO SILLY nikkaS CAN SAY

:dead:THEY SIMPLY
WROTE A SCRIPT WHERE THE
WAKANDANS WIN IN THEIR
OWN fukkING MOVIE
AND GODS/THOUSAND YR
WARS ARE NEVER MENTIONED.

IS THAT SO HARD TO
COMPREHEND?

:mjtf:
What do you mean it's only an option because of the script? Of course that's why the entire movie, and every movie for that matter, went the way it did. He wrote it, we watched, and discuss accordingly.

If you have to reach outside what's there for a rebuttal then you don't have one in the context of what actually exists. I'm definitely not going back & forth over head canon.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:mjtf:
What do you mean it's only an option because of the script? Of course that's why the entire movie, and every movie for that matter, went the way it did. He wrote it, we watched, and discuss accordingly.

If you have to reach outside what's there for a rebuttal then you don't have one in the context of what actually exists. I'm definitely not going back & forth over head canon.

BECAUSE THAT PART
OF THE SCRIPT RUINED THE
fukkING MOVIE NO MATTER
HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY

nikka ITS NOT A GOOD COP OUT
ITS TERRIBLE PLOT ARMOR...

ITS BAD WRITING PLUS
A WASTE OF ANGELA BASSETS PERFORMANCE
AND KILLMONGERS CAMEO.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I think that plot point is urking some. lol
They wanted the "good guys" to win full stop. This nuanced crap is not universally loved.

I get it. Also, the minute we see Taolakan and the level of detail they put into that world, I already knew Namor wasn't dying. I'd actually be mad if he did. I want a movie or series starring him.

The fact Shuri outsmarted and coulda killed his ass but didn't is perfectly satisfactory for me.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Bro... he flooded the city and murdered the queen. This wasn't some small scale conflict. There needs to be repercussions or else what's to stop Wakanda from being tested in the future? :mjlol:

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I get it. Also, the minute we see Taolakan and the level of detail they put into that world, I already knew Namor wasn't dying. I'd actually be mad if he did. I want a movie or series starring him.

The fact Shuri outsmarted and coulda killed his ass but didn't is perfectly satisfactory for me.

:dead:THAT WOULD HAVE
BEEN FINE IF HE DIDNT
KILL THE fukkING QUEEN.

DUDE AND HIS PPL
CAN COME RIGHT
BACK 2MORROW AND NOT
GET CAUGHT IN SHURIS
LITTLE TRAP ANYMORE.

THAT ENDING MADE NO SENSE.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

:dead:THAT WOULD HAVE
BEEN FINE IF HE DIDNT
KILL THE fukkING QUEEN.

I understand you would have fukked over your country and the world if Namor killed your mother but Shuri sparing him is a reasonable choice a measured ruler who cares about their people would make...

...particularly when her mom's spirit came to her in a vision right when she was about to kill Namor and urged Shuri not to :pachaha:

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I understand you would have fukked over your country and the world if Namor killed your mother but Shuri sparing him is a reasonable choice a measured ruler who cares about their people would make...

...particularly when her mom's spirit came to her in a vision right when she was about to kill Namor and urged Shuri not to :pachaha:

NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES
YOU nikkaS REPEAT
ITS NOT GONNA COVER FOR
THAT shytTY WRITING.

DONT WRITE THE nikka KILLING
THE QUEEN INTO THE SCRIPT
IF YOU WANT TO AVOID WAR.

KILLING THE QUEEN IS LITERALLY
WAR FOR A THOUSAND YR TYPE shyt.

EVEN ANGELA BASSET
WENT TO COOGLER AND SAID