NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm on the side of recasting T'Challa, but that wouldn't even factor into what I'm about to say

The answer to your question is anything:pachaha: I laugh when people ask "what could they have done?" The shyt is all made up anyway:russ: Riri was clearly tacked onto this movie and didn't need to be there at all. She could've been anybody, so the idea that "there just wasn't any room for men" doesn't really work. If they wanted more competent males in the movie they would've had them

And M'Baku definitely could've filled some of the void because he was definitely wasted. Nikkas go to the "yea but he became king at the end" but that means nothing in the scope of a 30 second scene out of a total 5 minutes he has in a 3 hour movie. Just like I say with Mary Sue characters, the destination is irrelevant when there's no road to reach it. The journey is what captivates us

Also this falls into the total context of what the MCU has become, where they've clearly taken away nearly all the male heroes. This movie falls in the context of a phase where now the next Avengers are nearly all women:mjlol:

Its not about not wanting strong female characters or heroes. Kill Bill is my GOAT movie:mjlol: I thought Okoye was the best character in Wakanda Forever. The overall point is about how male heroes are being replaced, and that trickles down to black males and is often(and expectedly) worse
It's just... exhausting. The post-credits scene obviously sets up the next movie to be business as usual. All of these female led movies are one offs, little breaks from the norm of a strong male lead. The bankable franchises are still built around the male heroes, yet dudes are protesting. Can you imagine what it's like growing up female and having most movies never featuring your gender as a competent lead? I don't think most guys could handle it. We get a couple of action movies featuring us in the lead and the whole internet freaks out. What's ironic about all this outrage is that at it's heart, Wakanda Forever was still focused on the struggle of this family, community, and country without their king. The king is still centered as the glue and his absence has created all this chaos.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Are people really upset Shuri spared Namor when the MCU already showed T'Challa sparing Zemo after killing his father? It's a morality play. Does revenge really heal or solve problems?
N'Kano/Vibraxas played by John Boyega

it would have been cool if N'Kano/John Boyega had just a small cameo role in the first movie as one of the young warriors that declined to challenge T'challa at the first warriors fall fight in the beginning of the movie you know just a small cameo wink wink role to be expanded on in later movies

he could kinda be a T'challa/black panther fanboy potential miner sidekick type character and maybe a possible love interest for shuri

Vibrazxoa.jpg
18882.jpg
vibraxas_0.jpg
yc2ba1g8sqm81.jpg
tumblr_ovcc01VRxb1tsohk1o8_540.jpg
vibraxas_1.jpg

Powers​

N'Kano is infused with Vibranium. He can create and control vibrations which can manifest in different ways including destructive shockwaves, subtle frequency matching, and phasing himself and others through solid substances.
Vibraxas must wear a harness to help control his powers & regulate the energy he releases so his bones won't shatter.
Good pick. I was hoping they'd introduce him at some point.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Are people really upset Shuri spared Namor when the MCU already showed T'Challa sparing Zemo after killing his father? It's a morality play. Does revenge really heal or solve problems?

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS...

TCHALLA SPARING ZEMO
IS A BIG fukkING L...

TURNING AROUND AND MAKING
SHURI DO THE SAME THING
IS A SLAP IN THE FACE.

ATLEAST TCHALLA
ENPRISONED ZEMO...

GET THIS
"WHEN THEY GO LOW
WE GO HIGH" BULLshyt OUTTA HERE.

NOW ZEMO IS BACK OUT
AND UP TO HIS OLD TRICKS.

EVEN BIGGER L

:devil:
:evil:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS...

TCHALLA SPARING ZEMO
IS A BIG fukkING L...

TURNING AROUND AND MAKING
SHURI DO THE SAME THING
IS A SLAP IN THE FACE.

ATLEAST TCHALLA
ENPRISONED ZEMO...

GET THIS
"WHEN THEY GO LOW
WE GO HIGH" BULLshyt OUTTA HERE.

NOW ZEMO IS BACK OUT
AND UP TO HIS OLD TRICKS.

EVEN BIGGER L

Zemo is in Wakanda's custody(Falcon and Winter soldier)

:deadrose: at the rest

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

THE ENDING PREVENTED
THIS FROM BEING A GOAT.

ALL THOSE PPL DIED FOR
NOTHING JUST SO SHURI
CAN KISS AND MAK EUP.

yeah the ending made no sense to me. he floods them out... murders the Queen cold blooded and all is forgiven? why?

"Yield" was a worse end than "Martha"

Still a good movie overall... but stans don't wanna address the end

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
yeah the ending made no sense to me. he floods them out... murders the Queen cold blooded and all is forgiven? why?

I WAS SO READY TO CROWN
THIS MOVIE GOAT MCU
AND COOGLER
HAD TO GO PULL THAT
DOCILE NEGRO shyt.

:scust:ATLEAST LET HER THINK
SHE KILLED DUDE ONLY
FOR HIM TO SURVIVE IN THE
AFTER CREDITS SCENE.

NAH LETS FLY BACK
UNITED...
DONT WORRY ABOUT
MASSACRING MY PPL
AND KILLING MY MOM.
WE COOL.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

I WAS SO READY TO CROWN
THIS MOVIE GOAT MCU
AND COOGLER
HAD TO GO PULL THAT
DOCILE NEGRO shyt.

:scust:ATLEAST LET HER THINK
SHE KILLED DUDE ONLY
FOR HIM TO SURVIVE IN THE
AFTER CREDITS SCENE.

NAH LETS FLY BACK
UNITED...
DONT WORRY ABOUT
MASSACRING MY PPL
AND KILLING MY MOM.
WE COOL.

M'Baku explained it. If Namor's people view him as a God, Wakanda would be involved in eternal war over Shuri killing him. She would be essentially dooming the fate of thousands of her people for generations to come because they have just as much vibrianuim and perhaps even more soldiers.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
M'Baku explained it. If Namor's people view him as a God, Wakanda would be involved in eternal war over Shuri killing him. She would be essentially dooming the fate of thousands of her people for generations to come because they have just as much vibrianuim and perhaps even more soldiers.

:mjlol:DUDE THATS THE WAY
THE SCRIPT WAS WRITTEN...

MBAKU SAYS NONE OF THAT
IF COOGLER DOESNT WANT
IT IN THERE.

THERES NO STAND OFF
ON THE SHIP IF THEY
DONT WANT IT IN THERE.

THE WAKANDANS HANDLE THEM
EASILY IF THEY WANTED
TO WRITE THEM THAT WAY.

THOSE PPL CANT EVEN BREATH AIR.

KNOCK THEIR MASKS OFF AND
THEYRE DONE WITHOUT NAMOR.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

That sounds p*ssy though... when has Wakanda run from a conflict? After what Namor did.. we ain't talkin bout peace Lol

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Right. They'd be taking on an endless war with a civilization they know little about, which would eventually end up being a war on multiple fronts. Eventually, it'd get out that really Talokan and Wakanda are basically just fighting over Vibranium, as far as outside countries are concerned, and any offers of assistance would require promises of resource and technology sharing, at minimum. Not to mention the possibility of multiple other parties entering for the purpose of just gaining control of Vibranium.

At this point, she's let Namor know he can be beaten, and offered an alliance on Wakanda's terms instead of Talokan's. On top of that, Namor has Namora looking at him sideways, and his only way to frame it as a W is to insist that Wakanda will eventually get turned on by someone else, and come running to them for help.

If brehs haven't realized at this point that upper tier villains aren't getting killed immediately, I don't know what to tell them.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Exactly, what kind of leader willingly dooms their entire people to an eternal struggle with underwater Al Qaeda powered by vibranium? That was a long term decision for a kingdom being made instead of a daughter avenging her mother in the moment.