parallax

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure in the comics when someone becomes black panther, they get access to all the knowledge of the previous black panthers. knowledge which includes fighting skills.
does shuri become king of the dead?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really surprised that they're willing to make the US govt the bad guy. I still can't believe Disney green lit that but I'm glad they did.

The shyt the CIA has done has made the world a worse place and its not a mistake that they don't teach us about the fukkery they've gotten around to internationally.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but I think that the next movie will have a doctor doom or fantastic 4 cameo in it. Black panthers debut was in a f4 book. He hunted them cacs for sport :banderas:
This, among other things was a direct response to complaints about the first movie.

A large complaint about BP1 is this CIA agent being all in Wakanda and helping save the day. It's disrespectful given the CIA's history with black folks. Notice that Ross didn't step foot in Wakanda this time

Another notable change is Coogler walking back the "We're going to share our resources" scene in BP1 post credits. I've said in previous posts that Tony Stark wouldn't do what T'Challa did. One of his most important scenes was telling Congress he wasn't giving up shyt in Iron Man 2. Now Wakanda Forever opens with a similar scene

Coogler heard the complaints

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This, among other things was a direct response to complaints about the first movie.

A large complaint about BP1 is this CIA agent being all in Wakanda and helping save the day. It's disrespectful given the CIA's history with black folks. Notice that Ross didn't step foot in Wakanda this time

Another notable change is Coogler walking back the "We're going to share our resources" scene in BP1 post credits. I've said in previous posts that Tony Stark wouldn't do what T'Challa did. One of his most important scenes was telling Congress he wasn't giving up shyt in Iron Man 2. Now Wakanda Forever opens with a similar scene

Coogler heard the complaints
They were still sharing resources and had an outreach program for enriching the rest of the world, but on their own terms. And sharing vabranium was the one thing they just outright weren't willing to share (and liable not anything that could be weaponized).

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For y’all to despise white people some of you “black men” have the same talking points these white mfs be having, shyt getting real weird around here.. mfs mad cuz a female is the lead? fukkin weirdos
Y'all keep twisting words

Nikkas keep trying to make it about hating women when it's about the clear absence of competent male characters in a male franchise

This "y'all hate women" shyt don't hold up in a wider context, especially when the Dora were fan favorites in the first movie. Mind you these movies are still majorly male consumed. Go in the Falcon and Winter soldier thread and look at how hype nikkas got at the Dora beating US Agent and Bucky's ass and tell me them nikkas hate women:russ:

It's a form of gaslighting and shaming to eliminate any tangible points nikkas may have

Nikkas already knew Shuri would be the lead. But also guess what? Nikkas have a right to feel like she wasn't a good lead:manny:

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Y'all keep twisting words

Nikkas keep trying to make it about hating women when it's about the clear absence of competent male characters in a male franchise

This "y'all hate women" shyt don't hold up in a wider context, especially when the Dora were fan favorites in the first movie. Mind you these movies are still majority male consumed

It's a form of gaslighting and shaming to eliminate any tangible points nikkas may have
I hear you and don't think that just wanting more powerful/positive black male representation has to come at expense of the black women representation or that the desire for such is due to hating on women. I will ask tho, who could have been sensibly added tho? And no, I don't think an immediate recasting for T'Challa would've been the right move to make. Nor would having Killmonger or M'Baku fully fill that void either, because of who they are in the books and how they are portrayed in the movies.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I hear you and don't think that just wanting more powerful/positive black male representation has to come at expense of the black women representation or that the desire for such is due to hating on women. I will ask tho, who could have been sensibly added tho? And no, I don't think an immediate recasting for T'Challa would've been the right move to make. Nor would having Killmonger or M'Baku fully fill that void either, because of who they are in the books and how they are portrayed in the movies.
i don't know marvel comics, but i do know that the time given to riri could've been spent on a black male character, we had the 4 (4.5 including okoye's daughter) BW from the original film, why add a 5th when you know you already don't have 3/4 of the BM from the first...it still would've been a female led movie yet given a BM a real flashy role (because Mbaku's role in this film is something adults can appreciate, but his role was not one little kids would get excited by)

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm on the side of recasting T'Challa, but that wouldn't even factor into what I'm about to say

The answer to your question is anything:pachaha: I laugh when people ask "what could they have done?" The shyt is all made up anyway:russ: Riri was clearly tacked onto this movie and didn't need to be there at all. She could've been anybody, so the idea that "there just wasn't any room for men" doesn't really work. If they wanted more competent males in the movie they would've had them

And M'Baku definitely could've filled some of the void because he was definitely wasted. Nikkas go to the "yea but he became king at the end" but that means nothing in the scope of a 30 second scene out of a total 5 minutes he has in a 3 hour movie. Just like I say with Mary Sue characters, the destination is irrelevant when there's no road to reach it. The journey is what captivates us

Also this falls into the total context of what the MCU has become, where they've clearly taken away nearly all the male heroes. This movie falls in the context of a phase where now the next Avengers are nearly all women:mjlol:

Its not about not wanting strong female characters or heroes. Kill Bill is my GOAT movie:mjlol: I thought Okoye was the best character in Wakanda Forever. The overall point is about how male heroes are being replaced, and that trickles down to black males and is often(and expectedly) worse

Last edited: