Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
W
Nakia is ready to move on from T'Challa :francis::mjlol:

Lupita Nyong'o Wants Idris Elba in Black Panther 3

Lupita Nyong'o is already looking ahead at a third Black Panther movie.

And should Black Panther: Wakanda Forever get a follow-up film, the Oscar winner knows exactly who should join the star-studded cast—which already includes Letitia Wright, Angela Bassett and Danai Gurira.

As Lupita exclusively told Francesca Amiker on the Nov. 14 episode of E! News the one person she had in mind: "Idris Elba." As for why she picked the Hollywood hunk? "Why not?" she added, "Idris should be in everything."

The Luther star is no stranger to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), however, appearing in several films across the franchise as Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) friend and protector of the Bifröst, Heimdall, most recently respiring the role for a post-credits cameo in Thor: Love and Thunder.

Should Idris make the jump from Valhalla to Wakanda, he wouldn't be the first person to appear as two different characters in the MCU. Before she starred as Sersi in Eternals, Gemma Chan made her MCU debut as the Captain Marvel villain Minerva. Michelle Yeoh also made a brief appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 before appearing as Ying Nan in Shan-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

What a stupid idea.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
All of the men who played a major part in the first movie were gone except M'Baku.

The movie already had to go through a rewrite after their leading man passed away. Factor in Covid and when was there time to bring in new cast members? They can't introduce new male characters from Wakanda while also introducing Namor and Talukan? They had to go with who was left which was the mostly female cast.

Under those circumstances it's perfectly understandable why the aren't many male characters.
IMO, If they they added Aneka and Iron Heart they could have added male characters too but Nate Moore, the producer, said that adding more male characters would have been "performative"

Also, Samuel Jackson wanted to be in this franchise but the producers didn't let him.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I watched, only because Black Adam played at a much later time, and here’s some things that stood out to me:

I was surprised MBaku survived Namor’s punch. I thought he actually punched through him Invincible style.

Spoilers:

It wasn’t a feminist film despite having a strong female lead

My thoughts: Ironheart was a miscast. Very forgettable character

You expect me to believe that Shiri pulled all those moves by just putting on the uniform?? :skip: Shes not the warrior queen in the comics and didn’t train like Tchalla. All of a sudden she’s a master fighter with elite combat skills???

It was interesting that Coogler played the reimagining of “Atlantis” as “brothers” of the Walandans in that they share the same origins of their mysticism in Vibranium. It’s like a new slant of the black and brown coalition. With that being said, too much Walandan blood was being spilt without any retribution from the Wakandans. In the real world you kills head of state and your capital city gets nuked. So now they are suppose to be allies after they killed women and children on Wakandan soil?? Nah that wasn’t suppose to fly. And it was a idiot move fighting them on the ocean.

The film could’ve used better lighting. It was too dark especially at the Atlantis scene and the bridge fight.

The film wasn’t as good as the first. 6/10.

Last edited:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
My girl really liked this. I thought it was like a...7/10. Ironically the best parts of the film was whenever Namor was on screen.

Did not agree with TLOU2 ending :mjlol:

naw IDGAF about eternal wars, or being the bigger person blah blah blah

Breh came in flooded ya country, killed your mom, then said he gon spin the block in a week and ya'll better get right :mjlol:

naw its on site till one of us is dead :yeshrug:

Better movie than marvel film tbh, the action was kind of weak. Shuri learning to fight 37 hours after taking that herb was goofy. At leaset hand wave it away like "the herb gives you all of the past BP fighting styles/abilities" or some shyt.

Overall decent popcorn movie, anyone actually getting bent out of shape or using it as some social commentary is very very retarded. Its not that deep.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I watched, only because Black Adam played at a much later time, and here’s some things that stood out to me:

I was surprised MBaku survived Namor’s punch. I thought he actually punched through him Invincible style.

Spoilers:

It wasn’t a feminist film despite having a strong female lead

My thoughts: Ironheart was a miscast. Very forgettable character

You expect me to believe that Shiri pulled all those moves by just putting on the uniform?? :skip: Shes not the warrior queen in the comics and didn’t train like Tchalla. All of a sudden she’s a master fighter with elite combat skills???

It was interesting that Coogler played the reimagining of “Atlantis” as “brothers” of the Walandans in that they share the same origins of their mysticism in Vibranium. It’s like a new slant of the black and brown coalition. With that being said, too much Walandan blood was being spilt without any retribution from the Wakandans. In the real world you kills head of state and your capital city gets nuked. So now they are suppose to be allies after they killed women and children on Wakandan soil?? Nah that wasn’t suppose to fly. And it was a idiot move fighting them on the ocean.

The film could’ve used better lighting. It was too dark especially at the Atlantis scene and the bridge fight.

The film wasn’t as good as first. 6/10.
In the comics, Shuri was warrior trained as well.

The lighting was fine if you watched in IMAX.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
This was ok to me..around a 7 to 7.5..I went in with low expectations, it was better than what I expected but it was just hard to get invested in shuri as the main character. Also didn’t like how everyone was using robot suits damn near. Namor was hands down the best part of the movie…

the after credit scene definitely makes things more interesting going forward :lupe: