Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
315318283_10103157956991382_8864097415294122302_n.jpg

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-Was i the only one even more upset that T'Challa wasn't recast when the shyt really jumped off?

- I don't fucc with Namor at all. And they way the conflict ended was dumb AF

- this new director is gonna be a problem
- they need to take a trip to the Maury show
-Wakandans been soft since they came thru and crushed the buildings

- not hype about the direction lf BP going forward

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

:what: HE KILLS HER MOTHER
AFTER SHE ESCAPES HIS
KIDNAPPING.

:devil:
:evil:

1. She talks about her rage/burning the world at the river with Ramonda.
  2. She doesn't believe in any sort of guidance from the elders/Bast/Ancestors. She isn't going to burn her mourning clothes. She just doesn't believe in superstition.
  3. At this point in the world of Wakanda, Namor has not been introduced even as a concept yet.
  4. Then Namor shows up. He says Keep quiet and grab the "scientist".
  5. They do end up grabbing the "scientist", but Wakanda has its own plan.
  6. His squad goes for Riri.
  7. They all fight.
  8. They try to hash something out.
  9. She agrees to go with them. She's somewhat cool at first, and then starts to really dig his vibe. I think they lowkey were setting up some sort of affection with the bracelet.
  10. Meanwhile in Wakanda, Ramonda says kidnapping
  11. Nakia rolls in and gets them out
  12. On some get back, Namor kills Ramonda and tries to kill Riri
The film gives us 2 sources of anger.
  1. T'Challa's medical death and her grief/guilt/anger at herself
  2. Vengeance/Anger over the death of her mother at the hands of a rival.
At some point the rage she expressed early in the film, about her brother's death, gets moved over to Namor.

But they really aren't the same thing.

I think they try to bridge the gap during the ancestral plane scene, I just don't think their attempt to blend the two were successful.

I'm not sure if I explained my issue that well but her grief over T'Challa is the main thing driving the film. That main grief doesn't get relieved until the Mid Credits scene.

But that grief/anger doesn't really go with how the Namor Conflict happens, and revenge/grief anger about someone killing her mother.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
  1. She talks about her rage/burning the world at the river with Ramonda.
  2. She doesn't believe in any sort of guidance from the elders/Bast/Ancestors. She isn't going to burn her mourning clothes. She just doesn't believe in superstition.
  3. At this point in the world of Wakanda, Namor has not been introduced even as a concept yet.
  4. Then Namor shows up. He says Keep quiet and grab the "scientist".
  5. They do end up grabbing the "scientist", but Wakanda has its own plan.
  6. His squad goes for Riri.
  7. They all fight.
  8. They try to hash something out.
  9. She agrees to go with them. She's somewhat cool at first, and then starts to really dig his vibe. I think they lowkey were setting up some sort of affection with the bracelet.
  10. Meanwhile in Wakanda, Ramonda says kidnapping
  11. Nakia rolls in and gets them out
  12. On some get back, Namor kills Ramonda and tries to kill Riri
The film gives us 2 sources of anger.
  1. T'Challa's medical death and her grief/guilt/anger at herself
  2. Vengeance/Anger over the death of her mother at the hands of a rival.
At some point the rage she expressed early in the film, about her brother's death, gets moved over to Namor.

But they really aren't the same thing.

I think they try to bridge the gap during the ancestral plane scene, I just don't think their attempt to blend the two were successful.

I'm not sure if I explained my issue that well but her grief over T'Challa is the main thing driving the film. That main grief doesn't get relieved until the Mid Credits scene.

But that grief/anger doesn't really go with how the Namor Conflict happens, and revenge/grief anger about someone killing her mother.

"T'Challa's medical death and her grief/guilt/anger at herselfVengeance/Anger over the death of her mother at the hands of a rival"

ANGER OVER LOSING A BROTHER/MOTHER
ARE PRETTY fukkING RELATED.
:devil:
:evil:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Gonna see it again tomorrow, I might have missed some things going to concession

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
I get where you're coming from but remember, none of the marvel protagonists have really killed an opp for revenge and on purpose.

Spiderman didn't kill the green goblin even though he had EVERY reason to.

Thor didn't exact vengeance on any opponent successfully. In the first movie his opp was a robot, in the second movie I believe it was loki that dealt the final blow and in the third movie that sorceress was killed by the fire giant.

Tony didn't purposefully kill stane in the first movie, in the second movie he didn't kill whiplash, and in the third movie pepper killed the villain, not Tony. The one time Tony is motivated by revenge, he endangers a child, gets his best friend paralyzed, breaks up the avengers and nearly kills his hero.

Steve Roger's never kills any of his opps. He doesn't kill red skull, he doesn't kill bucky, and he refuses to kill Tony, zemo, or anyone else who he has a reason to kill.

Dr. Strange never kills anyone.

Ironically none of the avengers actually ever purposefully kill their opponents motivated by vengeance. It's on brand and it extends to black panther because at the end of the day, they know kids are watching and the goal is to tell them that revenge is not something one should pursue for its own sake.

Killmonger resents the wakandans and wants to use them to do colonialism and get revenge on cacs. In his rage, he destroys the means of making more black panther protectors because of his single minded obsession with revenge. His part resembles idi amin or Mugabe. Someone who was trained in the west who came back to Africa and terrorized his own people with what he learned. People hate hearing this, but he would've turned out to be a tyrant because he doesn't know how to be anything else BUT a killer. All he knows is violence because the one person that loved him was taken away from him.

In this movie shuri is someone overcome by grief. In less than 6 years she lost her father, mother and brother. She has every reason to be angry and because rage was in her heart, she didn't even get to see her brother, father or mother in the ancestral plane to say her final goodbyes. People died because she confused vengeance for justice and she realized if she's going to be a leader she needs to be able to take advice from more experienced people like m'baku or the elders. She ran the risk of being more like killmonger than tchalla. Remember, tchalla had EVERY REASON to brutally kill killmonger for everything he did, but he didn't and even stuck up for him in front of the ancestors. He showed killmonger grace because he was able to empathize with his point of view. I think shuri did the same thing with namor because she understood the position he was in. He wanted to work with wakanda to protect his family(he's the oldest one there, and to him all of his people are family) and wakanda said no. He wanted them to get him the scientist to give his people justice, wakanda protected the scientist. What else is he supposed to do in that position? She understood that too and realized at the end that having talocan as an ally is more important than having them as an enemy.

It's probably not in the movie as a deleted scene but I'm willing to bet they considered putting in a scene where she reflected on what might have happened if talocan helped when Thanos showed up. I think the next villain will be a white person. I think they've given enough hints to set up that it will be someone from the U.S. government or Dr. Doom, and when wakanda is attacked again, I can see a scene where namors royal guard and the Dora milaje team up and that shyt is going to be FIRE.

I think with the black and brown coalition thing I agree, but also recognize that the ultimate message in the movie was that cacs are not to be trusted. I liked seeing both sides of the conflict recognizing that fact. You could honestly make the argument that shuri fukked up by not saying "here's the kid breh, go ahead and do what you want. It's for the greater good so I get it. Peace" that's exactly what killmonger would've done, or would've jumped at the opportunity to team up with someone to eliminate everyone who is a threat.
This is spot on and Shuri had this reminded to her by her mother and M’Baku …power can build power can destroy or it can do both at the same time and that’s what being a responsible leader negotiates everyday …the Wakandans aren’t positioned to be tyrannical even tho they have the means to do just that to the people on earth ..they’re not colonizers that whole cac mentality isn’t what they look to emulate and that’s where the antagonist in BP (Killmonger/Namor) always go wrong …that megalomaniac shyt ain’t the wave they’re on

The next villain definitely needs to be a white person tho …they’ve set it up in these past two movies who the “real threat” is so they need to actually address it one time

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I get where you're coming from but remember, none of the marvel protagonists have really killed an opp for revenge and on purpose.

Spiderman didn't kill the green goblin even though he had EVERY reason to.

Thor didn't exact vengeance on any opponent successfully. In the first movie his opp was a robot, in the second movie I believe it was loki that dealt the final blow and in the third movie that sorceress was killed by the fire giant.

Tony didn't purposefully kill stane in the first movie, in the second movie he didn't kill whiplash, and in the third movie pepper killed the villain, not Tony. The one time Tony is motivated by revenge, he endangers a child, gets his best friend paralyzed, breaks up the avengers and nearly kills his hero.

Steve Roger's never kills any of his opps. He doesn't kill red skull, he doesn't kill bucky, and he refuses to kill Tony, zemo, or anyone else who he has a reason to kill.

Dr. Strange never kills anyone.

Ironically none of the avengers actually ever purposefully kill their opponents motivated by vengeance. It's on brand and it extends to black panther because at the end of the day, they know kids are watching and the goal is to tell them that revenge is not something one should pursue for its own sake.

Killmonger resents the wakandans and wants to use them to do colonialism and get revenge on cacs. In his rage, he destroys the means of making more black panther protectors because of his single minded obsession with revenge. His part resembles idi amin or Mugabe. Someone who was trained in the west who came back to Africa and terrorized his own people with what he learned. People hate hearing this, but he would've turned out to be a tyrant because he doesn't know how to be anything else BUT a killer. All he knows is violence because the one person that loved him was taken away from him.

In this movie shuri is someone overcome by grief. In less than 6 years she lost her father, mother and brother. She has every reason to be angry and because rage was in her heart, she didn't even get to see her brother, father or mother in the ancestral plane to say her final goodbyes. People died because she confused vengeance for justice and she realized if she's going to be a leader she needs to be able to take advice from more experienced people like m'baku or the elders. She ran the risk of being more like killmonger than tchalla. Remember, tchalla had EVERY REASON to brutally kill killmonger for everything he did, but he didn't and even stuck up for him in front of the ancestors. He showed killmonger grace because he was able to empathize with his point of view. I think shuri did the same thing with namor because she understood the position he was in. He wanted to work with wakanda to protect his family(he's the oldest one there, and to him all of his people are family) and wakanda said no. He wanted them to get him the scientist to give his people justice, wakanda protected the scientist. What else is he supposed to do in that position? She understood that too and realized at the end that having talocan as an ally is more important than having them as an enemy.

It's probably not in the movie as a deleted scene but I'm willing to bet they considered putting in a scene where she reflected on what might have happened if talocan helped when Thanos showed up. I think the next villain will be a white person. I think they've given enough hints to set up that it will be someone from the U.S. government or Dr. Doom, and when wakanda is attacked again, I can see a scene where namors royal guard and the Dora milaje team up and that shyt is going to be FIRE.

I think with the black and brown coalition thing I agree, but also recognize that the ultimate message in the movie was that cacs are not to be trusted. I liked seeing both sides of the conflict recognizing that fact. You could honestly make the argument that shuri fukked up by not saying "here's the kid breh, go ahead and do what you want. It's for the greater good so I get it. Peace" that's exactly what killmonger would've done, or would've jumped at the opportunity to team up with someone to eliminate everyone who is a threat.

This is spot on and Shuri had this reminded to her by her mother and M’Baku …power can build power can destroy or it can do both at the same time and that’s what being a responsible leader negotiates everyday …the Wakandans aren’t positioned to be tyrannical even tho they have the means to do just that to the people on earth ..they’re not colonizers that whole cac mentality isn’t what they look to emulate and that’s where the antagonist in BP (Killmonger/Namor) always go wrong …that megalomaniac shyt ain’t the wave they’re on

The next villain definitely needs to be a white person tho …they’ve set it up in these past two movies who the “real threat” is so they need to actually address it one time
To add on to this..if you’ve noticed Shuri’s Black Panther attire was very similar to Kilmonger’s attire when he was the Black Panther.

When she choose vengeance as her path, she nearly had the same fate as Kilmonger. She even got stabbed by Namor in a similar way that T’Chalia stabbed Kilmonger. Hence why it flashed back to what Shuri told Kilmonger in the ancestral plain that she was gonna choose the path of revenge.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

It’s Elaine

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Movie was very dope. Best female lead action movie ever made IMO.
Dope tribute to Chadwick.
Acting was amazing especially Letitia, Angela and Dania.
And the movie was heavy and not kiddie at all. Niqqaz was catching bodies on both sides. Marvel lays down the murder game no problem.
Namor was dope! Killmonger light but I really enjoyed his action scenes.
8.5/10, I didn't love Riri being introduced in this but the actress was cool, again the ladies were so phenomenal, some of the best acting in the MCU ever.
Coogler took lemons and made lemonade, he has made better movies but this is his most impressive directing job. Much props, he saved this franchise.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Incorrect. She met him when she went to Haiti in the movie. So she got like a day with him
She knew before that, as just before Namor first showed up in Wakanda, Queen Ramanda was telling Shuri that there was something she needed to tell her about her brother.