nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Namor has always been depicted of some ambiguous ethnic nationality, so someone of some color. But I never saw Asian, not early books, not later. Mandarin was Asian, Yinsen, Wong, Ancient One were Asian. Buscema had a distinct style with his faces, but Namor, similar to Mordo were ambiguous to me. I think it was just Bill Everett or Buscema's style....hell the primary style back then.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not really. Killmonger's dad kept him away from Wakanda because he feared that with his mom being American they wouldn't accept him. T'Challa's logic was to keep his son away from Wakanda so that he could grow up in an environment where he's seen as a regular kid and not the heir to the throne
I mean also everyone that’s been close to the throne for the past decade has died or been killed
Plus if the world knows T’Challa had a son out there, they definitely would have plotted on him and nakia more.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Folks giving this stellar film a 7 prolly would raise it to a 8 or above if the Black Panther had a penis.

A 7 is like...the first Ant Man :pachaha:

Eternals was a 7 in my book and this was much better imo.

I initially called BP2 an 8, but thought it was even better on a 2nd watch, now I lowkey want to watch it a 3rd :dead: I’ll probably just wait for it to hit D+

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Movie was very dope. Best female lead action movie ever made IMO.
Dope tribute to Chadwick.
Acting was amazing especially Letitia, Angela and Dania.
And the movie was heavy and not kiddie at all. Niqqaz was catching bodies on both sides. Marvel lays down the murder game no problem.
Namor was dope! Killmonger light but I really enjoyed his action scenes.
8.5/10, I didn't love Riri being introduced in this but the actress was cool, again the ladies were so phenomenal, some of the best acting in the MCU ever.
Coogler took lemons and made lemonade, he has made better movies but this is his most impressive directing job. Much props, he saved this franchise.
This was not better than Kill Bill.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I liked it a lot. I'll probably go see it again next week. I still think they should have recast T'Challa, but after watching it, I wonder just how much was changed. I say that because to me, the supporting cast shined more than Chadwick in the first movie, and I can see that happening in this one as well.