Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That's a meh ass reason to make tho, because superheroes are always touted to taking the high road, whenever possible breh. Regardless of what race/culture they are. Just this summer, Spiderman went out his way to not kill Green Goblin after killing his last remaining parental figure as well. Steve Roger's risked getting himself killed not to kill Bucky.

Most of these superheroes will typically try to avoid killing whenever possible and even more especially premeditated, personal kills.

This is precisely what made Black Adam different, and was a point made in the film-- anti heroes kill. Heroes usually don't.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Exactly.

If he was Korean they'd be calling it a handout in response to Stop Asian Hate :mjlol:

The only solution is to remove Namor entirely.

What other comic book movie do people go into with so much personal baggage and insecurity? They want Black Panther with strong males, submissive women, no other races, a recast T'challa all to fill some void that has nothing to do with entertainment. Grown ass men trying to live vicariously through a movie :pachaha:
this is extremely reductive. people wanted something similar to BP1 which had BOTH strong black males and females, and it's not too much to ask to keep the afro-futurism and just how truly advanced wakanda is in the forefront. as for trying to act like grown ass men want this for themselves, most aren't looking for a role model despite your attempts to try to clown people, but if there weren't a psychological need for representation and likeness, marvel wouldn't be going out its way to include a gang of females, and more recently asians and latinos in their films. but act like human conditioning is just "living vicariously thru movies"

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Nakia is ready to move on from T'Challa :francis::mjlol:

Lupita Nyong'o Wants Idris Elba in Black Panther 3

Lupita Nyong'o is already looking ahead at a third Black Panther movie.

And should Black Panther: Wakanda Forever get a follow-up film, the Oscar winner knows exactly who should join the star-studded cast—which already includes Letitia Wright, Angela Bassett and Danai Gurira.

As Lupita exclusively told Francesca Amiker on the Nov. 14 episode of E! News the one person she had in mind: "Idris Elba." As for why she picked the Hollywood hunk? "Why not?" she added, "Idris should be in everything."

The Luther star is no stranger to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), however, appearing in several films across the franchise as Thor's (Chris Hemsworth) friend and protector of the Bifröst, Heimdall, most recently respiring the role for a post-credits cameo in Thor: Love and Thunder.

Should Idris make the jump from Valhalla to Wakanda, he wouldn't be the first person to appear as two different characters in the MCU. Before she starred as Sersi in Eternals, Gemma Chan made her MCU debut as the Captain Marvel villain Minerva. Michelle Yeoh also made a brief appearance in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 before appearing as Ying Nan in Shan-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

NAH fukk THAT.

THEY COULD HAVE WROTE
IT IN A BETTER WAY OTHER THAN
HER TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK
AND JOINING FORCES WITH HIM....

:scust:STANDING UNITED AS THEY
FLOATED BACK TO THE SHIP.

THAT WAS SOME OF THE
WORST shyt IVE EVER SEEN.

THEY COULD HAVE EASILY
HAD HIM SURVIVE HIS DEATH BLOW
UNBEKNOWNST TO HER
AND SHOWED HIM IN AN
AFTER CREDIT SCENE.
:devil:
:evil:

And then they’d be enemies. Instead of the obvious team up that’s coming

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

NAH fukk THAT.

THEY COULD HAVE WROTE
IT IN A BETTER WAY OTHER THAN
HER TURNING THE OTHER CHEEK
AND JOINING FORCES WITH HIM....

:scust:STANDING UNITED AS THEY
FLOATED BACK TO THE SHIP.

THAT WAS SOME OF THE
WORST shyt IVE EVER SEEN.

THEY COULD HAVE EASILY
HAD HIM SURVIVE HIS DEATH BLOW
UNBEKNOWNST TO HER
AND SHOWED HIM IN AN
AFTER CREDIT SCENE.
:devil:
:evil:

And then they’d be enemies. Instead of the obvious team up that’s coming

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
this dude Aldis Hodge would be the prefect T'challa junior from the future in Avengers kang dynasty and secret wars kind of like the future trunks story line in dragon ball z
wanted aldis from jump. and being team recast, he was always my pic. he's just so perfect for the role

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Yea then that makes it a little crazier

we are supposed to believe he got her pregnant after bp1, sent her away by IW where he was visiting and shyt, got snapped away, came back, kept visiting them, gave them the plan of what to do when he died, but still never told his mom and sis or anyone else

This nikka was Drake

Moms knew though. Thats why Lupita asked her to go back to Haiti. She even told Shuri the Queen met him at the end.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Great point. But then, why are the Black people always the ones holding massive Ls, and having to forgive and take the high road instead of just being powerful? Those are the tropes some of us don't like and feel are dangerous to promote. I'm old, I know what's what, but the first movie which I saw twice, then this one, I look at all the Black children who are obviously pumped to see someone that looks like them in the lead. I want THEM to see and know better, as they are still young and impressionable.
Honestly I think of black panther like marvels version of shakespearan plays. The acting, writing and delivery is elevated to a serious level compared to the usual marvel movies. It just feels more serious.

So I think they're using the characters to explore things like vengeance, grief, and how empathy can be a strength rather than a weakness. In the first movie, tchalla had so many reasons to erase killmonger, but he decided to spare him because he empathized with him. He recognized that if the roles were reversed, he would be doing the same thing. Killmonger's rage consumed him to the point where he almost destroyed the people who would have lifted him up and shown him the love he never got. To me he represents the rage that black people in America may feel towards Africans, and tchalla acknowledged that he is right to feel the way he did.

I get where you're coming from, but if you look closely the theme is present in every marvel character except maybe Thor in the second Thor movie and the third Thor movie had him realizing that he couldn't win against the villain and that he had to recognize as gard is a people not a place. The strength of black panther is that it's a series that solves marvels villain problem by giving you villains who actually are justified in their resentments. I think what's missing is the catharsis of seeing a hated enemy being killed, but these are family movies. Peter Parker doesn't kill anyone intentionally, Tony doesn't kill any of his opps, except Thanos but the price is his own life. Captain America had a chance to kill bucky but didn't, star lord's hasty decision fueled by rage led to Thanos walking away with a W. Tony's hatred for bucky broke up the avengers.

Anyone who intentionally kills an enemy in a marvel movie does it at a cost, so I think the overall message they want to send to youth is that revenge for its own sake is not something anyone should pursue. The REAL enemy in that movie was the CIA and European govts. I think it was a conscious decision to show every white character in that movie as duplicitous and untrustworthy.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Breh you should be on live radio telling us about traffic and weather with that voice. Good luck to your channel I just subscribed

Lol thanks man.

But I'm actually already a working voice actor. I've been in numerous video games, animes, dubs and whatnot. My channel is the only thing I've ever promoted on this site though.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is extremely reductive. people wanted something similar to BP1 which had BOTH strong black males and females, and it's not too much to ask to keep the afro-futurism and just how truly advanced wakanda is in the forefront. as for trying to act like grown ass men want this for themselves, most aren't looking for a role model despite your attempts to try to clown people, but if there weren't a psychological need for representation and likeness, marvel wouldn't be going out its way to include a gang of females, and more recently asians and latinos in their films. but act like human conditioning is just "living vicariously thru movies"

Chadwick died.

Kilmonger died.

N'Jobu died.

T'Chaka died.

Zuri died.

Daniel Kaluuya's career took off so he went to star in other movies and couldn't commit to BP 2.

All of the men who played a major part in the first movie were gone except M'Baku.

The movie already had to go through a rewrite after their leading man passed away. Factor in Covid and when was there time to bring in new cast members? They can't introduce new male characters from Wakanda while also introducing Namor and Talukan? They had to go with who was left which was the mostly female cast.

Under those circumstances it's perfectly understandable why the aren't many male characters.