fukk YOU QUOTING
ME WITH THIS STUPID ASS
SMILEY "WHY" FOR?

WHY WOULDNT I WANT
TO SEE THE MAN WHO
KILLED THE QUEEN KILLED?
:devil:
:evil:

Because you and everyone going into the movie knew Namor wasn't going to die. Of all the reasons to deduct points you chose a ridiculous one :stopitslime:

Maybe they could have handled the aftermath of the battle better. She could have brought him back beaten and have him put in the order to retreat but based on his arrogance and his people's will to fight for him that might not have gone over well. He got to save face in the end and not look weak.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Exactly. They're missing the point which is that these two civilizations have a common enemy: white supremacy.

I low key fukked with namors energy because he told shuri straight up: we have something they want, and they will never stop until they get it. They'll do whatever they have to so we need to team up and stop them first before they come for us.

And that is categorically true. The fact of history is that whenever a natural resource exists outside of Europe, cacs will do anything but negotiate and talk to the other group as equals to get the resource.

They'll kill, steal, plot, and use any measures they have to get what they want. You even saw it clear as day at the start of the movie when that French cacette wanted to try and shame wakanda into coming up off that vibranium and the queen told them to kick rocks and brought in their strike team that tried to steal their shyt on some "try this shyt again and we'll do more than capture your soldiers :demonic:" I loved that shyt.
Great point. But then, why are the Black people always the ones holding massive Ls, and having to forgive and take the high road instead of just being powerful? Those are the tropes some of us don't like and feel are dangerous to promote. I'm old, I know what's what, but the first movie which I saw twice, then this one, I look at all the Black children who are obviously pumped to see someone that looks like them in the lead. I want THEM to see and know better, as they are still young and impressionable.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Because you and everyone going into the movie knew Namor wasn't going to die. Of all the reasons to deduct points you chose a ridiculous one :stopitslime:

Maybe they could have handled the aftermath of the battle better. She could have brought him back beaten and have him put in the order to retreat but based on his arrogance and his people's will to fight for him that might not have gone over well. He got to save face in the end and not look weak.

WHY WOULDNT I THINK
HE WASNT GOING TO DIE?

HE KILLED THE DAMN QUEEN
AND FLOODED WAKANDA...
THERE AINT NO COMING
BACK FROM THAT UNLESS
YOURE GONNA TURN THE
WAKANDANS INTO DOCILE NEGROS.

TCHALLA KILLED
HIM IN THE COMICS...

KILLMONGER DIED
IN THE PREVIOUS MOVIE.

ONCE AGAIN...

WHY WOULDNT I THINK
HE WASNT GOING TO DIE?

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Breh... I haven't been to the movies in almost 3 years...what... is this... sorcery? :ohhh:

It’s panoramic viewing …almost like iMax but the walls of the theater convert into projector screens so you have a 270 degree immersion of the film …certain theaters even have this with 4D on top of it …I felt like if I was going to watch and pay for a movie in theaters I wanted to get something I couldn’t access at home and this shyt was worth it ..especially for these types of blockbusters …might have to go catch it again :wow: but my protip is to try to get a seat center row further back from the main screen so you can see everything in your peripherals

QBN

All Star
Daps
atlanteans came from earth so are going to come from an earth "ethnicity"

"In the Marvel Universe, Atlantis was a small continent (about the same size as modern Australia) with many human settlements. Over 21,000 years ago, an event called the "Great Cataclysm" caused it to be submerged into the sea."

"hero" namor was drawn like that by john byrne for example. nothing to do with "early".

his ethnicity is a common question, in particular because of the way he has been drawn most of the time whether that be "early" depictions or very recent ones.

byrne:

01e81d30ecfe34d5f6769f0dc43035c3.jpg

similar questions were asked of northstar and aurora.

despite similar looks quicksilver as a non-human "inhuman" doesn't get the same number of questions as he is rightly assumed to be non-human (modified pre modern humans/ethnicities).

so yeah he could have been up to 50% gringo. he may not have been. what he was though and still is, is asian looking enough to be played by an nothern-asian like japanese or korean.

he clearly doesn't have chinese features but yeah ... IYKYK ..
Props for mentioning Aurora :takedat: ....and Northstar :dame:. Alpha Flight was my joint as a youngin. I thought Namor was half-Asian but never did a deep dive into his history. Business wise Marvel already got the Asian market covered with Shang-Chi as others have mentioned, so I'm not mad at him being a Sea Mexican.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

THE MANDARIN DIED
IN SHANG CHI...

GREEN GOBLIN DIED
IN NO WAY HOME...

SCARLET WITCH "DIED" IN MOM...

GORR DIED IN LOVE & THUNDER...

:dead:BUT ITS RIDICULOUS TO THINK
THE GUY WHO FLOODED
WAKANDA & KILLED THE QUEEN
WOULD DIE
LET ALONE BE SPARRED
AND RIDE BACK UNITED WITH
THE PRINCESS OF WAKANDA.

nikkaS THROW OUT
ALL COMMON SENSE WHEN
IT COMES TO STANNING THE MCU.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yea then that makes it a little crazier

we are supposed to believe he got her pregnant after bp1, sent her away by IW where he was visiting and shyt, got snapped away, came back, kept visiting them, gave them the plan of what to do when he died, but still never told his mom and sis or anyone else

This nikka was Drake
who's to even say he knew.. it's possible they talked about a plan but she did that on her own.. remember the snap was 5 years... she bounced and moved on. she only kept in touch with the mom for obvious reasons

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Just curious what you mean by this? If i'm not mistaken, prior to Marvel going with the Mesoamerican origin, the fan-arts of Namor included a bunch of asian-american actors (which included Korean/Japanese/Chinese-American actors)

i think DC going with Mamoa as Aquaman might've swayed Marvel from going with someone who looks Pacific-Islander or "asiatic" , even tho DC didn't really tap into Mamoa's heritage since their Atlantis is basically Greek/Roman influenced i think

chinese people look distinct from japanese people.

IYKYK :ufdup:

@chineebai

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Props for mentioning Aurora :takedat: ....and Northstar :dame:. Alpha Flight was my joint as a youngin. I thought Namor was half-Asian but never did a deep dive into his history. Business wise Marvel already got the Asian market covered with Shang-Chi as others have mentioned, so I'm not mad at him being a Sea Mexican.

japanese / koreans look very different to chinese ...

• Haha
Reactions: QBN

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

WHY WOULDNT I THINK
HE WASNT GOING TO DIE?

HE KILLED THE DAMN QUEEN
AND FLOODED WAKANDA...
THERE AINT NO COMING
BACK FROM THAT UNLESS
YOURE GONNA TURN THE
WAKANDANS INTO DOCILE NEGROS.

TCHALLA KILLED
HIM IN THE COMICS...

KILLMONGER DIED
IN THE PREVIOUS MOVIE.

ONCE AGAIN...

WHY WOULDNT I THINK
HE WASNT GOING TO DIE?

You got a point:russ:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Great point. But then, why are the Black people always the ones holding massive Ls, and having to forgive and take the high road instead of just being powerful? Those are the tropes some of us don't like and feel are dangerous to promote. I'm old, I know what's what, but the first movie which I saw twice, then this one, I look at all the Black children who are obviously pumped to see someone that looks like them in the lead. I want THEM to see and know better, as they are still young and impressionable.
That's a meh ass reason to make tho, because superheroes are always touted to taking the high road, whenever possible breh. Regardless of what race/culture they are. Just this summer, Spiderman went out his way to not kill Green Goblin after killing his last remaining parental figure as well. Steve Roger's risked getting himself killed not to kill Bucky.

Most of these superheroes will typically try to avoid killing whenever possible and even more especially premeditated, personal kills.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Complaining that the PEOPLE OF fukkING ATLANTIS were not portrayed 'comic accurate', or complanining that they have origins to an actual race, is next level pathetic and "trying to find something to complain about" status.

Complaining about the lack of black male representation isn't something I care about in this fictional movie but at least its an argument I'll hear as long as it isn't rooted in woman-hating...but complaining about Namor having Mayan lineage is fukkin insane :russ:
you're free to feel that way, but i'm also a viewer who felt like the celebration and exposition of the indigenous Mexican/Mayan culture detracted from the greatness Wakanda is supposed to be. We get zero films that show Africa in an exemplary light, outside of Ancient Egypt flicks, so I didn't really dig that light being dimmed by the Mayan culture/lore, I also didn't enjoy seeing black and brown people fighting one another when it's clear the western world (white people) were and are the issue. People are free to not feel that way, but it's foolishness to be so dismissive of those who do.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
you're free to feel that way, but i'm also a viewer who felt like the celebration and exposition of the indigenous Mexican/Mayan culture detracted from the greatness Wakanda is supposed to be. We get zero films that show Africa in an exemplary light, outside of Ancient Egypt flicks, so I didn't really dig that light being dimmed by the Mayan culture/lore, I also didn't enjoy seeing black and brown people fighting one another when it's clear the western world (white people) were and are the issue. People are free to not feel that way, but it's foolishness to be so dismissive of those who do.
I repect that. sound opinion.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
[
It's funny in this climate that people would rather have a lilly White Namor and his sea cac civilization put the beats on Wakanda and drown its golden city. The takes and discourse on social media would be even worse than they are now.

This is the one take on here I never got.
because there are a million and one films celebrating white cultures - ancient rome and greece especially. you're not introducing a new topic [with a white civilization] that detracts from the celebration of an advanced african nation. and you're also not perpetuating how easy it is to get black/brown to infight...

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I'm aware of ths. Again, let me be very clear. I have zero issues with Namor being the villain (it was coming eventually regardless). I have zero issues with a Latino playing the character, I just feel making the Atlantians as a whole Latino was unnecessary and it looks like "Black and Brown coalition" propaganda, and came off corny. Like when he explains how he chose his name? Complete and total reach. It made for some decent setpieces and costumes, but was it needed? What did it add besides pandering? I'm sure there is worldbuilding and culture in the comics, Coogler just wanted to get on some "people of color" shyt 'cause reasons.

Do you have any idea how confusing it would be for a kid to have Atlanteans in both Aquaman and Black Panther. Aquaman beat them to the punch on Atlantis.