Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Lmao

Exactly. They're not going to waste a majority character by having him show up in one movie just to get killed :russ:

Namor is a character who functions both as a hero AND a villain. He's like the vegeta of the MCU. He's someone that is both a powerful enemy and ally, so chances are in this movie he's the villain but in another movie he's going to play a supporting role. This was also an echo of black panthers first intro where he had a chance to kill zemo but realized that won't bring his father back or make him feel any better. He saw how Tony's vengeance consumed him to the point where he lost a friend and hero he looked up to.

Black panther is a story about revenge, empathy, and the importance of being true to who you are. Shuri is not killmonger, but she has that energy in her. She's not either of her parents but she has that energy in her. She's trying to be her own person and has to make hard decisions, by going whole hog on her rage people died avoidable deaths. She also realized that if she was in his position, she'd do the same thing.

Peep the fact that agent Ross basically told them that the US govt and others are plotting on both wakanda and talocan. They're getting that vibranium by any means necessary and I think it will come out that ross ex was the one that manipulated the situation so wakanda would go to war against talocan, then they'd attack the weakened winner because that's the only way they'd stand a chance against their advanced tech.

It's actually a very interesting commentary on colonial mindset and tactics that destroyed the indigenous Americans and pitted Africans against each other. That's how white supremacy operates globally and I've got to give a shout out to the writing team for pushing to put that in there because you know the suits in Disney weren't cool with white governments being depicted as they are(conniving and greedy instead of heroic)

So I think the next time we see namor, he's going to pull up with the gang against either doom, or the thunderbolts. Alternatively, if namor is getting his own movie shuri might show up to give him some back up in a clutch moment. That shyt would have the whole theater jumping like when Thor pulled up on Thanos with his new axe hammer :whew:

Daps
what he was though and still is, is asian looking enough to be played by an nothern-asian like japanese or korean.

he clearly doesn't have chinese features but yeah ... IYKYK ..

Just curious what you mean by this? If i'm not mistaken, prior to Marvel going with the Mesoamerican origin, the fan-arts of Namor included a bunch of asian-american actors (which included Korean/Japanese/Chinese-American actors)

i think DC going with Mamoa as Aquaman might've swayed Marvel from going with someone who looks Pacific-Islander or "asiatic" , even tho DC didn't really tap into Mamoa's heritage since their Atlantis is basically Greek/Roman influenced i think

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this dude Aldis Hodge would be the prefect T'challa junior from the future in Avengers kang dynasty and secret wars kind of like the future trunks story line in dragon ball z

• black-adam-Aldis-Hodges-02.jpg
BAD-26738.jpg

black-adam-Aldis-Hodges-01.jpg

GettyImages-1432998470.jpg

Aldis-Hodge-SAG-Awards-2021-_TV-Style-WERQ-From-Home-Fashion-Dolce-Gabbana-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-4.jpg
Aldis-Hodge-SAG-Awards-2021-_TV-Style-WERQ-From-Home-Fashion-Dolce-Gabbana-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-2.jpg
Aldis-Hodge-SAG-Awards-2021-_TV-Style-WERQ-From-Home-Fashion-Dolce-Gabbana-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-3.jpg

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Just curious what you mean by this? If i'm not mistaken, prior to Marvel going with the Mesoamerican origin, the fan-arts of Namor included a bunch of asian-american actors (which included Korean/Japanese/Chinese-American actors)

i think DC going with Mamoa as Aquaman might've swayed Marvel from going with someone who looks Pacific-Islander or "asiatic" , even tho DC didn't really tap into Mamoa's heritage since their Atlantis is basically Greek/Roman influenced i think
Marvel is trying to put indigenous actors on and honestly I fukk with it. I'm glad they decided to go with mesoamerican culture instead of Atlantis because their stories aren't usually told. America from Dr strange was played by an indigenous person too. I appreciate the desire for authenticity with that move.

Also highlights what happened to the native people in South and Central America. Them Spanish cacs went crazy on those people. The Mexicans we know are spicy cacs, the original people have no love(:wow:) for cacs unlike these 'me no black papi' people running around. The indigenous people don't want anything to do with cacs because their arrival was the equivalent of an apocalypse to them. Imagine your town being aired out and going from 1000s of people on the streets to nobody and the smell of rotting bodies everywhere. shyt must have been absolutely horrifying to witness.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
You know you get zero buns when your looking for fake characters to be a role model as a grown man shyt is being pathetic
Why does everything have to revolve around sex with you dudes on here? :mjtf:

And how is it pathetic to want to see Black males (fictional or not) portray in a positive manner within the media? How often do we have movies and shows where we are depicted as anything other then drug dealers, gangsters, athletics, comic relief characters and victims of slavery and racism?

Cac’s, Asians and everyone else have had positive representation for decades so why is it suddenly bad when Black people ask for the same thing?

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Why does everything have to revolve around sex with you dudes on here? :mjtf:

And how is it pathetic to want to see Black males (fictional or not) portray in a positive manner within the media? How often do we have movies and shows where we are depicted as anything other then drug dealers, gangsters, athletics, comic relief characters and victims of slavery and racism?

Cac’s, Asians and everyone else have had positive representation for decades so why is it suddenly bad when Black people ask for the same thing?

Yeah those Asian positive characters have been running rampant for years.

My Asian brehs loved odd ball, the little kid from Indiana Jones and the two other Asian characters you can mention from these so called decades of representation :dead: (not including Asian cinema)

It's pathetic because your a grown man looking for super heros as a role model. Grow up these characters aren't going to save you they're not real If you said you want children to see that I would get it but we both know that's not the case for the majority of you.

Get a grip breh

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
one complaint I been seeing from the crowd that didnt like the inclusion of Talokan that I wanted to address:

Some folks are mad saying Talokan takes away from the afro-futurism and tech capabilities of Wakanda - saying how come they are stronger and seemingly more advanced

I don't think they are "more advanced" - to me, it still seems like Wakanda uses and implements vibranium in a lot more versatile ways

they are only "physically stronger" due to living in the high pressure deep ocean, which makes them durable - they aren't necessary better fighters cuz Okoye with no powers was taking on 4 of them including Attuma

the way I took it, Talokan is a pre-hispanic Mayan civilization, so their use of vibranium changed their physiology and they implement it in their way of living ... but since they basically went underwater centuries ago, they never felt the need to "modernize" ... we don't know enough about Talokan to say they were more advanced at all, they just have the numbers on their side in the battle, but they still overly relied on Namor doing most of the damage

As far as I can tell, Talokans uses vibranium "differently" than Wakanda, but Wakanda is still the leader of vibranium and the tech involved, just cuz Talokan figured out how to generate power underwater ("bringing the sun to Talokan"), dosn't mean they are "better" tech wise, its just geared towards living underwater lol
I don’t logically understand anyone thinking the talokans are stronger when they literally lost and their “god” was forced to heel like a dog at the mercy of a wakandan ….his little right hand chick at the end even was questioning his leadership/thoroughness after that when he went home … they clearly had never seen the great namor embarrassed and humiliated in that way

This is just emotionally unstable nikkas complaining because “wakanda” is them and they are wakanda lol …wakandans are never supposed to get a scratch on them in the movies or else it’s “cac shyt”

:dead:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is actually a tricky situation and goes back further than you think

Namor had the pacifier Islander aesthetic first with his Ultimate Universe iteration in the early 2000s. DC just jacked the idea first for their cinematic Aquaman:russ:
clean.jpg

This Namor is still Asian in the face but you can see the DNA that led to the MCU Namor (The Ultimate Universe is responsible for about 90% of the designs that crafted the MCU)

Leading into the mid to late 2000s, with those Fox Fantastic 4 movies, the internet started expressing that they wanted The Rock to play Namor or Black Adam. Namor and Black Adam are basically the same character and nikkas we're loud about wanting Rock. I remember seeing Rock as Namor Photoshops back in 07. The Rock himself expressed interest in playing both characters

After those years of fan demand I think it became clear to Marvel that they were gonna shift away from the Cac/possibly Chinese version of Namor in the comics and lean more toward a type of brown/indigenous type of Namor for the movies

Then you have the Asians covered for Shang Chi so they made a slight pivot to the Mayan shyt, which is not to far removed from the initial Asian/islander aesthetic that DC jacked for Aquaman

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't be opposed to her failing an attempt to kill him myself, tbh. I would wonder how would that resolve the rest of the battle ending tho. A retreat upon hearing their God had fallen?:patrice: Maybe....
nah, m’baku even made the point that his people saw him namor as a god and it would mean endless war.

As an aside, everyone saying mbaku was wack in this movie must have been watching something else because by far he was my favorite character. He almost seemed like he stepped into an older brother type figure for shuri. I cant wait to see him in the future.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I don’t logically understand anyone thinking the talokans are stronger when they literally lost and their “god” was forced to heel like a dog at the mercy of a wakandan ….his little right hand chick at the end even was questioning his leadership/thoroughness after that when he went home … they clearly had never seen the great namor embarrassed and humiliated in that way

This is just emotionally unstable nikkas complaining because “wakanda” is them and they are wakanda lol …wakandans are never supposed to get a scratch on them in the movies or else it’s “cac shyt”

:dead:
Exactly. They're missing the point which is that these two civilizations have a common enemy: white supremacy.

I low key fukked with namors energy because he told shuri straight up: we have something they want, and they will never stop until they get it. They'll do whatever they have to so we need to team up and stop them first before they come for us.

And that is categorically true. The fact of history is that whenever a natural resource exists outside of Europe, cacs will do anything but negotiate and talk to the other group as equals to get the resource.

They'll kill, steal, plot, and use any measures they have to get what they want. You even saw it clear as day at the start of the movie when that French cacette wanted to try and shame wakanda into coming up off that vibranium and the queen told them to kick rocks and brought in their strike team that tried to steal their shyt on some "try this shyt again and we'll do more than capture your soldiers :demonic:" I loved that shyt.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This is actually a tricky situation and goes back further than you think

Namor had the pacifier Islander aesthetic first with his Ultimate Universe iteration in the early 2000s. DC just jacked the idea first for their cinematic Aquaman:russ:
clean.jpg

This Namor is still Asian in the face but you can see the DNA that led to the MCU Namor (The Ultimate Universe is responsible for about 90% of the designs that crafted the MCU)
greg land fukkin SUCKS :laff:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
T'challa wasnt there the entire time. Remember he got snapped. He was only there from after endgame until his death. It makes the most sense if He died before he found out and she told his mother (assuming the queens wasnt snapped). We know Shiri was snapped
Yea then that makes it a little crazier

we are supposed to believe he got her pregnant after bp1, sent her away by IW where he was visiting and shyt, got snapped away, came back, kept visiting them, gave them the plan of what to do when he died, but still never told his mom and sis or anyone else

This nikka was Drake