DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
35% Caucasian saw BP 1 opening weekend.
15% Caucasian saw Wakanda Forever opening weekend

She thinks they should have featured M'Baku more in the marketing/movie to help sell to the male audience.

Might as well made Killmonger the Hannibal Lector of the movie.

31% according to the The Hollywood Reporter

Coogler’s tentpole played to an ethnically diverse audience, led by Black moviegoers (34 percent) and followed by Caucasians (31 percent), Latinos (21 percent) and Asian/Other (14 percent), according to PostTrak. It also played more evenly gender-wise than most superhero films, with females making up 45 percent of the audience.

Her numbers are out of whack. The black demo for the first one was 37%

So slightly less whites and blacks but more latinos and asians

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
10/10 for me.

Still don’t get why Queen Ramonda was still mad about Okoye following Killmonger in the events of the last film. He won the throne legally.:skip:
I was taken aback at her anger at first but then I thought about it and yeah she and the rest of the council was low key alright with the coup and him burning the heart shaped herb which is integral to their nation going forward

It may have been a legal coup but it did destabilize their nation and cause a crisis when t'challa and from her perspective shuri die there's no one to be black panther and lead them

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
God forbid the largest moviegoing audience
who has almost 0 on screen representation in Hollywood gets a crumb of some. And you complain. :camby:
WE finally got some non-garbage "representation", and, as always, someone else comes and siphons off the energy. They were made Latino for ZERO.reason but to pander, and they decide to do it to the ONE Black franchise, no I don't like it.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the other option was japanese/asian ...

like he looks in the comics

latest

Shang Chi covered that already.

That still wouldn't keep these fake militants from complaining.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
WE finally got some non-garbage "representation", and, as always, someone else comes and siphons off the energy. They were made Latino for ZERO.reason but to pander, and they decide to do it to the ONE Black franchise, no I don't like it.
Namor will be accused of being a ripoff of Aquaman even if he was created before Aquaman
The only way to juke the accusation of plagiarism is to introduce a cultural identity onto the MCU atlanteans which this movie did by making another civilization receive vibranium.

Namor is usually presented as a mix of asian/white although I guess his character was mostly a racist caricature that a lot of older comics delved into

We are lucky Black Panther more or less avoids the racist imagery from the comics too because then we'd have another outrage but I see white people are letting the black audience control the narrative around these films which is appropriate
Now black people need to stop nitpicking non issues because ultimately this movie will be a tentpole and launch more storylines involving Namor, Shuri, and Riri
I don't see the point in complaining about that. Worldbuilding has always been at the heart of the MCU

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
35% Caucasian saw BP 1 opening weekend.
15% Caucasian saw Wakanda Forever opening weekend

She thinks they should have featured M'Baku more in the marketing/movie to help sell to the male audience.

Might as well made Killmonger the Hannibal Lector of the movie.

This is all anecdotal but when I saw BP1 it was 99% black (one breh brought his PAWG:lolbron:)

BP2 it looked like it was 95% white

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I enjoyed it. Bassett, okoye, lupita, the antagonist and mbaku carried this film.
Zuris arc was admirable. But I just can't get over how she becomes the new black panther. In the year after tchallas passing, they could have fleshed her character out better. Show us she's been using her guilt of failing to save her brother to fuel her to be combative and wanting to train with the royal guard. You drink the herb and now you can fight? Nah fam.

And that college girl? She was cute and has a nice body that I greatly appreciate. But thats how you're going to tie in wakanda and Mexican aquaman? Was that necessary? Namor coming to wakanda the first time was merit enough. Y'all exposed the world to vibranium and now they coming for my shyt. So let's link up now and if u refuse :ufdup: But nah, do this fetch quest which was no point because he wanted smoke anyway with modern colonizers :what:

Idk. Maybe he wanted to see how capable wakanda was. Then you come back to wakanda, kill the queen and make an ultimatum with a week grace period.:wtf:
The actor who played namor was awesome. But his character seemed too conflicted to have extreme ideals with such leniency.

I was really hoping to see Chadwick in brief scene. I know he was sick but I really wanted to see new footage of him. It was really classy the tributes they did for him. But man, it hurts more now because I took him for granted. The ending scene got me. Why God? Every white superhero character actor can star in multiple lead films but the one black man has to be taken from this world? Not fair dawg. Not fair at all:mjcry:

8/10.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Black Panther is now a woman
Hawkeye is now a woman
Ironman is now a woman
They got a female version of Thor
She Hulk
They better be careful of they gonna piss off all these young white males out here and have them talking woke this and woke that.
We can add Captain Carter and the new Mandarin. Also characters like Flag Smasher, Taskmaster and MarVel were also "replaced" via gender swapping.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
That reason was purely Ryan Coogler's decision, agreed upon with Chadwick years ago, in large part of Coogler's Oakland upbringing tying into Mexican culture. So you can kill that noise.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah could be leading up to Dr Doom, as what Namor done in BP2 is pretty much what Doom does in the comic story

I heard about that after credit rumor. This is the first movie in a minute with only 1 after credit scene and im guessing they left it out since the one they have is so emotionally heavy that they didnt want to take away from that moment.