FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
RIP to chadwick but its like 50 different dudes that played batman.

They could of recasted black panther....not that serious when it comes to a role vs the actual man that played the role.

chadwick were ever he is in the afterlife probably could careless.
How do y'all manage to completely ignore all nuance with this shyt???

All of the various Batman and Superman castings are different continuities and universes (with the exception of Val Kilmer and George Clooney in Forever and Batman & Robin and those two movies are trash anyway). And none of those actors tragically died after one movie that crushed the buildings and made a huge cultural imprint.

Like, how do you guys keep ignoring how much his death hangs a cloud over shyt? You simply can't proceed business as usual for a character that important in a movie that's literally in the same continuity. And then think about all the cast & crew that are grieving his death...it's far more authentic and respectful to make a movie that actual channels and addresses the real life grief of loss rather than trying to pretend it didn't happen.

Can't ignore the Elephant in the room.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
people were gonna see this regardless breh, the folks sitting out on either side are a minority honestly.

The Sane people who wanted a recast more so wanted it so they dont write themselves into a corner. With the path chosen they gotta keep julezing or pretty much close the chapter on this version of wakanda and we get introduced to a different version later.
What?

they got the kid and if I heard him correctly, he got the same damn name.

New BP won’t be out till 2025-26 at the least. If not longer. They literally did recast it cause him or the next actor who plays him, will be BP

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

There are just so many details about this movie I love and I DO feel that there was some subtext around Black ppl and "people of color" fighting each other, having grievances when the real enemy is "the surface world" aka the colonizers.
EXACTLY that part. My homegirl was telling me the entire time that everybody in the film was right except for the US government. If y’all paid attention someone took RiRi’s college project design and sent it in the ocean to search for vibranium. She had no idea someone did that.

It was a set up for Wakanda and Talokan to beef and wipe each other out so the world’s government can come collect the last of the vibranium.

IF those leaks were true with the post credit scene it was gonna reveal Dr. Doom was the one who set everything up. Either him, Valentina, or both of them working together.

I feel this is all leading into “Thunderbolts” where the mission is for them to invade Wakanda and jack their supplies.

Last edited:

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
T'Challa is a scholar first. He knows his history. All throughout history, children in similar situations have been eliminated. A 5-6 year prince/king to be in charge of a country with a rare resource that had just disclosed their existence to the world means having a target on his back. Also, nation-state destabilization often begins with death and assassination. T'Challa never had to grow up like that, so why would he put his kid in that situation? It makes perfect sense. I love too that Haiti is a site of Black liberation and that his son's Haitian name is the father of the Haitian revolution that pushed out the colonizers. I love too, that he won't grow up around wealth. That he's going to have an intimate understanding of poverty and struggle. Nakia's passion for outreach and compassion is being nurtured in him by living outside of the throne's eye. It's fitting and I really thought it was brilliant to put them there.

]That doesn’t make any sense though. Hiding a heir in a developing or third world country with a history of being destabilized by European powers and the United States as well as natural disasters with poor infrastructure and high violent rates would not necessarily bring about a positive outcome even with his mother being a major activist. Lil man can easily walk the path of Killmonger being radicalized and even being resentful of having his past hiding from him or at the very least upset that he was forced to suffer and watch the suffering of others when he could have been in Wakanda. Also, none of what you mentioned makes him fit to be a king to a group of people with a unique culture, history, and tradition that they are proud of nor is their any guarantee he will connect to a culture he has no real engagement with. It was a cop out to the demands of recasting Chadwick [/SPOILER

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
]That doesn’t make any sense though. Hiding a heir in a developing or third world country with a history of being destabilized by European powers and the United States as well as natural disasters with poor infrastructure and high violent rates would not necessarily bring about a positive outcome even with his mother being a major activist. Lil man can easily walk the path of Killmonger being radicalized and even being resentful of having his past hiding from him or at the very least upset that he was forced to suffer and watch the suffering of others when he could have been in Wakanda. Also, none of what you mentioned makes him fit to be a king to a group of people with a unique culture, history, and tradition that they are proud of nor is their any guarantee he will connect to a culture he has no real engagement with. It was a cop out to the demands of recasting Chadwick [/SPOILER
you’re missing a key point. Tachalla was there the whole time. They never said he left him there. In fact, they said he prepared them for his illness, so that wasn’t even a surprise to them. At the most, he’s had one year without pops and now he’s right in the full mix of things. He’s only 5

Daps
Reppin
NULL

All of the various Batman and Superman castings are different continuities and universes (with the exception of Val Kilmer and George Clooney in Forever and Batman & Robin and those two movies are trash anyway). And none of those actors tragically died after one movie that crushed the buildings and made a huge cultural imprint.

Like, how do you guys keep ignoring how much his death hangs a cloud over shyt? You simply can't proceed business as usual for a character that important in a movie that's literally in the same continuity. And then think about all the cast & crew that are grieving his death...it's far more authentic and respectful to make a movie that actual channels and addresses the real life grief of loss rather than trying to pretend it didn't happen.

They havent even watched the movie. If you watch it they address the recasting thing.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Movie was enjoyable. Don’t know what to give it. Cooler did the best he could considering the circumstances. I like that they made Namor and his people Mayan or Aztec or whatever. I think it’s cool they got some spotlight
Yeah but of course the brown people are the villain like always :mjpls:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

But after death it is always business as usual. How many Bereavement days do you get at your job, if any? If someone dies, they will have their replacement within a month. Hell, even in movies, people have been dying during/pre-production since movies have started. These are people of different levels of status and accomplishments and production continued. Coogler didn't have to do it any particular way because we've seen it handled multiple ways, including not mentioning it at all.

I can give numerous examples of my job where people been there for 30-50 yrs and known each other longer than that. They say that their mission is above one person, and honoring their fallen family by continuing their life's work.

Bottom line, the world doesn't stop for any one person. Kobe's death had more of an impact on the world, and NBA games were played the same day. Business as usual. Teammates have died and it was business as usual.

Now folks bashing the recast, if anything initially it was 50/50, so most of the world not wanting it is false. And it started to sway more into recast as time passed. And it's y'all that didnt want the recast that keep bringing it up. The decision was made, the movie is out. Now we judge the movie based on what's on the screen, not the "issues that loomed over it." As presented, is it a great movie? Good movie? Disappointing? Bad? That's what we should be discussing. No excuses, no exceptions, no well based on what they had to work with...None of that other ish matters anymore.