O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because MBJ is a heterosexual black man...

This the same Disney that put a mask on Chadwick for the Chinese audience...

0015bf80a18e015074f04f80b957e204
You know in hindsight black folks lost for not hard boycotting Disney after this

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Ok,so maybe I brought too much of the real world into this movie, which affects the things I think are negatives, but overall it’s a decent movie as it’s own little thing, but I’m just not swayed from being part of the wish they would’ve recast crowd.

first off, definitely loved the moments they gave us to remember Chadwick, made a thug woman tear up a bit :wow:

now to the movie. First off, guess im a victim of patriarchy, because I’m not sold on all these women kicking men’s asses, especially not no fukking 80lb Letiti. Like at least give me a 5’10” meg thee stallion built chick…hell, I would’ve taken Queen Angela and her toned arms kicking ass at 60 over Letitia (aided by a 5 ft nothing also 80 lb iron heart :facepalm: )

speaking of Angela, I don’t follow all the leaks so I wasn’t ready for her to die :mjcry:

where I brought too much of the real world in was around current divisions in the US and the black community and just feeling these storylines werent the right time. I am truly saddened by the lack of leading black men in this movie, maybe I’m in the minority of women, but I didn’t need a full black girl magic film, the OG struck a great balance between roles of substance for both the sexes. All the fighting between BM and BW right now, I would’ve preferred a more universal film. maybe black Adam filled that role for BM tho…haven’t seen it

my other real world thing, film lost a bit of that black excellence feel by bringing in this Aztec/Mexican nation and their lore, I shouldnt feel this way but I do :manny: also, being from cali and the whole tension between blacks and Mexicans, I didn’t enjoy seeing that on screen, again, my issue for letting real world issues taint my enjoyment of fiction.

I don’t get how they kept hitting nakia dipped six years ago when the OG BP was four years ago, but guess I’m supposed to just accept that the years don’t match

and while I didnt really enjoy MBJ’s performance as killmonger in the first film, i liked that that was who showed up in the ancestral plane, and god damn he looked good :noah:

for what it was tho, it was entertaining, as a self contained film, it’s like a 7.5 to me, but as part of the BP franchise, it’s a very middle 5
Might have been pointed out to you already but as far as Nakia bouncing, remember they movies are 5 years ahead of us now. So it’s been 9 years from the events of the 1st BP flick.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro this scene is from like the 15th marvel movie and 10th between those two lol

You want all that out of the SECOND BP movie? You know fiege in control anyway
He's not saying he wants ALL of that in one movie. His point is Coogler is neglecting tangible world building elements

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The reading comprehension in this thread is astoundingly terrible...

Dude did not say WF is as bad as WM84...

He clearly said WF is to BP what WM84 is to its predecessor...

All reviews have been on the same page, WF is not in the same league as BP...

Tyrone Magnus said he fell asleep during this shyt...
Well shyt. If Tyrone fell asleep I should have save my money:beli:

Who TF is Tyrone?:mjlol:

Please don’t bother answering because I truly don’t give a shyt

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Soft B+ to a B, enjoyable and touching. A top 5 MCU villian perform for sure. (Namor, green goblin, killmonger, Gorr, Thanos)

I'll tell you this though;
I'm pretty fukkin tired of flying robot suits as heroes or villians. I grew up not caring much for iron man, and since ironman 1 MCU has presented us:
  • Ironman
  • War machine
  • Obedience stane
  • Falcon
  • An entire army of Ironman suits
  • Pepper Potts
  • Banner in hulk buster suit
  • Ultron and ultrons army of bots
  • Wasp
  • Falcon in captain America's suit
  • Ririi
  • Wakandans in those blue suits for no reason
Im sure I forgot some but I'm super done with cgi body suits flying around with blasters. It's super fukkin tired and when they showed that angel suit or whatever it was called immediately said "why :snoop:". It's so lazy

Last edited:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
The bridge scene was as intense as the highway scene in winter soldier. I thought the other side was about to catch a body.
i had deja vu to the Black Widow movie where she first fights skull mask chick... but man, i remember nothing about that movie, so it was just a vague deja vu feeling. scene may have been completely different but i don't even remember. was Black Widow actually a movie? Taskmaster! that's the fukkin character's name.

... what were we talking about?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i had deja vu to the Black Widow movie where she first fights skull mask chick... but man, i remember nothing about that movie, so it was just a vague deja vu feeling. scene may have been completely different but i don't even remember. was Black Widow actually a movie? Taskmaster! that's the fukkin character's name.

... what were we talking about?

The whole movie is a mash up of previous movies. All the action scenes feel super familiar outside of the last battle between the two main characters. Everything else feels like a take on another scene from another movie. Which makes the movie's action scene forgettable overall. Even though they had some pretty good parts.

I would have liked to see Namor get his black panther on a bit more to show how much he actually doesn't like or care about the surface world in general. From the jump you knew Black adam wasn't really a hero, even if he does do hero stuff from time to time. For all the anti hero's marvel has they have no one depicted like Black adam is in the MCU which is ashame. Maybe doom will fill that void...

This move was good because of the passion of the actors and the love and decadcation you can see and feel while watching it. That alone carries it to a 7, the rest of the movie is just kinda of a mess.

It's crazy to feel like that and then say what I'm about to say...

It was still a good movie, but it could have been epic.