Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If you really wanna know…..

Give me a few…. I’ll get you ALL the names.

Many still in here…. I’m dropping ALL TYPES of names

Starting with @Rekkapryde he was the king of this operation at the top :ufdup:

Haven't seen it yet, but it Doesn't change my opinion on wanting the recast. :unimpressed:

Knew Coogler wouldn't drop trash, but I wanted to see T'Challa recasted. That hasn't changed. And since the rumor was true (from loudmouths I knew who couldn't keep their mouth shut :snoop: ), that still doesn't make up for it for me. :yeshrug:

and it had nothing to do with this online gender war nonsense either which is so embarrassing

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Whitlock gonna Whitlock

93f.jpg

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
m'baku just gonna get folded just like that. :comeon:. wakanda could hold its own vs thanos' army but gets fukked up by a flying esse and some blue mexicans :comeon: . said esse kills shuri's mom and she ain't get it back in blood :comeon: . wakanda is like 85% female now for some reason :heh: .

glad i ain't pay money for this cuz this was not for me :russ:

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
The movie is better to me with a 2nd viewing, I enjoyed the quieter moments MUCH more this time round. But I still think it's overly long and, ironically, the final act of the movie is RUSHED. Like, Shuri's descent into hatred and revenge needed time to play out, I HATE how everything in a Marvel movie needs to have a neatly packaged finale, why couldnt Shuri be allowed to join the "dark side", they let Wanda do it.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The movie is better to me with a 2nd viewing, I enjoyed the quieter moments MUCH more this time round. But I still think it's overly long and, ironically, the final act of the movie is RUSHED. Like, Shuri's descent into hatred and revenge needed time to play out, I HATE how everything in a Marvel movie needs to have a neatly packaged finale, why couldnt Shuri be allowed to join the "dark side", they let Wanda do it.
Yeah that's my one quibble, I found myself much more intrigued with the idea of Shuri falling down the slippery Slope and leaving us with an ambiguous ending like Luke Cage season 2

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
m'baku just gonna get folded just like that. :comeon:. wakanda could hold its own vs thanos' army but gets fukked up by a flying esse and some blue mexicans :comeon: . said esse kills shuri's mom and she ain't get it back in blood :comeon: . wakanda is like 85% female now for some reason :heh: .

glad i ain't pay money for this cuz this was not for me :russ:

Flying....eses...:mjlol:

Yeah on a fundamental level having a tiny woman like Laetitia try to boss up vs Namor was absurd. M'Baku going up against him would have made more sense. Or even Okoye who's believable as a warrior. And having women be the face of Wakanda in this film didn't work too well. Coogler had to have done that deliberately for some reason.

And on IG there was some pre-Phase 4 video showing how good Infinity War was during the Battle of Wakanda with T'Challa and the avengers facing Thanos' army :wow:

Because a fight where it's King vs King works in a way that someone's sister vs a king doesn't. Since it's on even terms.

And maybe they could have done an AI version of T'Challa with his voice helping her to give the appearance that he's still there.

Which interestingly is how Tony Stark continues on in the Marvel Universe. :mjpls:

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
A lot of the sensible people part of the Recast Movement never had a time frame when to recast the character. They also felt this movie should not have been rushed into production after losing the central star. Some felt this movie should have waited and focused on the Wakanda series they were talking about to give them more time to reintroduce the character.

Those people were wrong though, as the movie released yesterday and was really fukking good lol

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Saw it earlier this evening. It was decent. Maybe I was just expecting too much but when it was all over, I just felt indifferent. Not really feeling strongly one way or the other about this film.

M’Baku is always my guy though. Would’ve liked to see more of him. Okoye is always a standout and Lupita… maaaaan. That first scene with her, I had to stop myself from perking up in my seat because my girl was next to me. After a while, even she said Lupita was looking thick in this movie.

3/5.