Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It would have worked...they do it all the time...because they opted to put Shuri in the driver's seat, it was a disjointed mess...
No it wouldn't have lol

The movie is better to me with a 2nd viewing, I enjoyed the quieter moments MUCH more this time round. But I still think it's overly long and, ironically, the final act of the movie is RUSHED. Like, Shuri's descent into hatred and revenge needed time to play out, I HATE how everything in a Marvel movie needs to have a neatly packaged finale, why couldnt Shuri be allowed to join the "dark side", they let Wanda do it.

If you felt Shuri's anger was rushed I feel we watched completely different movies lol

Girl had like 20 different reasons to be mad as fukk.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
All the people raising the "recast" flag are just completely ignoring the human element at play.

Yall can compare apples and oranges all yall want,but other recanted characters weren't the face of a billion dollar movie with significant cultural influence whose actor suddenly died in the middle of a tumultuous year for the culture. Nobody was gonna look at a different person playing T'Challa and be able to unsee Chadwick. It was a massive elephant in the room. And that's probably quadruple worse for the cast & crew and even whatever hypothetical actor would've played him.

Yes, the Black Panther character has existed for decades. But he was a deep cut. To most of the world, Chadwick s character IS Black Panther. He was their first impression. It's way too soon for the MCU to recast him. End of story. Yeah, the character should exist beyond the actor but hey - real life happened
RIP to chadwick but its like 50 different dudes that played batman.

They could of recasted black panther....not that serious when it comes to a role vs the actual man that played the role.

chadwick were ever he is in the afterlife probably could careless.

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Thread is actually readable when you just scroll past the same 4 angry people who have been talking in circles about their beef with the movie for almost a full calendar year now.

I just keep scrolling till I see a new poster:pachaha:
Been swiping past these nikkas for days, somebody be dammed if I'm gonna let these fools ruin my vibe on that bull. :wow:

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Just got back from watching it and I can’t lie I was disappointed..

what really threw me off was the young college girl who turned into a low budget iron man out of the fukkin blue in the 1st fight scene with the talokans smh, shyt really had me looking like :what:

im not familiar with comic books so I’m wondering is she in the comic book version or something?

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
RIP to chadwick but its like 50 different dudes that played batman.

They could of recasted black panther....not that serious when it comes to a role vs the actual man that played the role.

chadwick were ever he is in the afterlife probably could careless.

They weren't about to just have another dude fill in like nothing happened. The man filmed the entire first film while privately dying. Stop being a sociopath :pachaha:

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle

what really threw me off was the young college girl who turned into a low budget iron man out of the fukkin blue in the 1st fight scene with the talokans smh, shyt really had me looking like :what:

im not familiar with comic books so I’m wondering is she in the comic book version or something?
Yeah Riri is Ironheart.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

in the comics she's iron heart and replaces Tony Stark/Iron man after he dies
she's smarter than stark and creates her own suit from scraps
then an AI Tony stark helps her build a proper suit

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

She's Ironheart but I agree that it felt like she was too battle ready for her first go-round

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Flying....eses...:mjlol:

Yeah on a fundamental level having a tiny woman like Laetitia try to boss up vs Namor was absurd. M'Baku going up against him would have made more sense. Or even Okoye who's believable as a warrior. And having women be the face of Wakanda in this film didn't work too well. Coogler had to have done that deliberately for some reason.

And on IG there was some pre-Phase 4 video showing how good Infinity War was during the Battle of Wakanda with T'Challa and the avengers facing Thanos' army :wow:

Because a fight where it's King vs King works in a way that someone's sister vs a king doesn't. Since it's on even terms.

And maybe they could have done an AI version of T'Challa with his voice helping her to give the appearance that he's still there.

Which interestingly is how Tony Stark continues on in the Marvel Universe. :mjpls:
I honestly don't get the arguments made about size or gender when it comes to comic books. We have people like Spiderman, Yoda, Ant-Man, fukking Rocket the Rac00n, but when it comes to women without muscle mass, all of a sudden it's unrealistic. lol. You can't talk about realism only when it suits *your* agenda, and yes, trying to argue skinny women can't fight strong men when they took the same herb that channels super strength and an ancient power applies here. Shuri's size is irrelevant because that's not what makes the Black Panther, according to the rules established in this universe.