Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I understand that but real life got in the way. It's hard to proceed business as usual with these circumstances.

Not really, Disney has turned shows into movies pretty easy (Amor Wars is an example), they could have done Wakanda forever show to buy time + folks would tune in because of the BP property.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I thought this was mid, mostly because of the ending. They pumped faked like we was getting bloodlusted Shuri....it wouldn't thematically fit with Chadwick's passing but....

This water esse kilt her moms and she let him go...and promised to protect homie:mjtf:

But Namor is constantly getting passes by governments and other heroes for straight up violating shyt, so I guess its comic accurate. Dude is a habitual line stepper but no one does anything about it....expect for when Tchalla killed him but they recently erased that reality away. At least when Doom pulls things like this, he falls back on his contingencies. Namor just has plot armor.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I just came from watching the movie and I cried tears multiple times in a packed theater. I can understand why some ppl may not like this because it really is a grief movie with action parts in it. The cast was fantastic with the exception of the girl who played Riri. I think she needs to work on her characterization, as of now it borders on caricature of streetwise orphan.

Ultimately, this movie is about the effects of loss on ppl big and small. I enjoyed Namor he was legitimately powerful and Shuri and team had to use wit and tech to best him. I also appreciate that his stance around protecting his ppl or the surface world was MORE than understandable and legitimate. Shuri and the fam being willing to protect this Af Am girl whose too smart for her own good and at great personal sacrifice is beautiful in a way. In a world where older women often compete with younger women and are openly hostile seeing that was nice.

M'Baku being funny with his one liners but also of great council to Shuri was great. He basically stepped as a big brother. Killmonger manifesting as her ancestor when she took the heart shaped herb made so much sense as she was so obviously in the anger stage of grief. Killmonger giving Queen Ramona props for sacrificing her life for a child of the "lost tribe" shocked me. I had no idea he would take it there even in a throwaway line.

There are just so many details about this movie I love and I DO feel that there was some subtext around Black ppl and "people of color" fighting each other, having grievances when the real enemy is "the surface world" aka the colonizers.

yourgod

Pro
Daps
Dope movie!! Finally got a recent MCU flick that wasn't too light hearted with jokes ever 5 minutes. This was def Wakanda the movie and not a black panther flick, I know calling for a recast is too soon but I think it needs to happen, the character and his world translates extremely well on screen. Namor was dope, thought he was gonna be some tall skinny dood but since they injected that indigenous take on him and his people the actor choice made complete sense. Also liked how Namor claimed himself as a mutant with his whole chest....is this the first time we've heard the term mutant in dialogue in the MCU??? Anyways Coogler pulled it off real good, 8/10 since our guy Chadwick transitioned. Soon as the movie starts you can feel that void of him missing.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Take the America out and I'll lend him an ear but I didn't watch the movie so :hubie:

Since when has america do right by black men? :unimpressed:
You right you didn't watch the movie because all that gender war bullshyt yall be on on here was not present in the movie AT ALL if anything the America shyt might be the only point he had but fukk America and c00nlock anyway :mjlol:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
You right you didn't watch the movie because all that gender war bullshyt yall be on on here was not present in the movie AT ALL if anything the America shyt might be the only point he had but fukk America and c00nlock anyway :mjlol:
Like someone else said, MBaka was the most level headed person the whole movie