FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Agreed on everything, I loved this movie. Anyone really on the gender wars shyt with this is stupid, if anything, M'baku was the most reasonable person in the movie. They made Shuri a hero without going overboard with it, she had many flaws and wasn't some perfect "girl power" character...she was really dealing with grief and made some poor decisions she had to atone for.
Namor was fukking perfect, though
I had to turn my brain off because in my comic logic mind he should have EASILY wrecked Shuri.
Oh, Angela Bassett destroyed her role, tremendous acting.
Right... like honestly the girls were stuck on the toxic vengeance obsessed shyt the most. This was completely reasonable.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Movie was enjoyable. Don’t know what to give it. Cooler did the best he could considering the circumstances. I like that they made Namor and his people Mayan or Aztec or whatever. I think it’s cool they got some spotlight.

I don’t mind the black girl magic. Some scenes just hit different like her fighting Namor. The first battle between BP and Namor should have been Tchalla so that just irked me a little but again nothing you could do about that.

I just don’t know where they go from here. Age up the new tchalla and just continue on like he’s the OG? I don’t envy the writers for the next movie.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
ehhh, from my perspective, this is why he should’ve been recast, I’m in The minority I know, but I never felt like Bozeman was bigger than the character, and I don’t have a deep loyalty to him as tchalla. the character was so new to me as a casual, that I was more into there being a black superhero than boseman as the star. I feel like I lost that hero, shuri ain’t it
She's not. If they weren't going to bring him back at least find a way to bring back Killmonger. Seeing the scene with them two felt like watching Michael Jordan talk to Chauncey Billups or something. His presence overwhelmed hers, and It was CLEAR what the star of this movie/franchise should look like.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Some of you dudes need to live in the real world for a second. Chadwick died, in real life, after the first movie. Recasting him as someone else is fukking crazy. That’s not how reality works.
All the people raising the "recast" flag are just completely ignoring the human element at play.

Yall can compare apples and oranges all yall want,but other recanted characters weren't the face of a billion dollar movie with significant cultural influence whose actor suddenly died in the middle of a tumultuous year for the culture. Nobody was gonna look at a different person playing T'Challa and be able to unsee Chadwick. It was a massive elephant in the room. And that's probably quadruple worse for the cast & crew and even whatever hypothetical actor would've played him.

Yes, the Black Panther character has existed for decades. But he was a deep cut. To most of the world, Chadwick s character IS Black Panther. He was their first impression. It's way too soon for the MCU to recast him. End of story. Yeah, the character should exist beyond the actor but hey - real life happened

Last edited: