Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
Saw it last night with the fam. I loved it, it's a solid 9/10. Namor was so fukking dope :banderas: .

Biggest moments in my theater
- Anything riri, the audience I was In loved her. I enjoyed her as well idk what the problem some of you have with her

- Shuri suiting up as black panther

- Ancestral plane scene

- When Namors crew first showed up in that bad ass slow mo shot

- Mid credit scene was the biggest moment in the theater. Ppl cried

Can someone tell me what are namors ppl called? I can't remember them being referred to anything. It's not atlantians right? :patrice:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Saw it last night with the fam. I loved it, it's a solid 9/10. Namor was so fukking dope :banderas: .

Biggest moments in my theater
- Anything riri, the audience I was In loved her. I enjoyed her as well idk what the problem some of you have with her

- Shuri suiting up as black panther

- Ancestral plane scene

- When Namors crew first showed up in that bad ass slow mo shot

- Mid credit scene was the biggest moment in the theater. Ppl cried

Can someone tell me what are namors ppl called? I can't remember them being referred to anything. It's not atlantians right? :patrice:
Talochians I think? And their place Talokan?

QBN

All Star
Daps
That has nothing to do with forgiveness imo. That was the best strategic move for Wakanda.

She proved that her side was much better during battle and burned dude to a crisp. She kills him, and like M'Baku said, they get stuck in a drawn-out war with an unknown nation so familiar with vibranium that they can create suns under water. WHILE other countries all over the world try to attack them because they know they're weak at the moment. With her knowing she doesn't have much fighting experience yet.

Killing him would have felt good but would have been stupid asf, and no competent leader would have done this.

On the other hand, she whoops him and forces him to yield, and that allows time for Wakanda to heal their wounds, step up their game and create a new potential ally if shyt turns sour when it comes to other forces. Not only can they boast a victory and moral superiority over Talokan, they can threaten them to do whatever they want because Talokan, contrarily to Wakanda everybody knows about, is scared asf to be discovered.

Shuri overall felt like the best strategist we've seen as a Black Panther (compared to T'Challa's pops, T'Challa and Killmonger):hubie: She can't fight yet but her smarts are up there. She figured out her enemy's weakness after one battle. Her plan to attract Namor, isolate him and dry him out, while preventing his crew from bringing in reinforcements with the submarine sonic disruptor was smart asf and worked. I know some folks said it was stupid to fight dude in the water but it was key to bringing him out. He never expected that and would have never stepped out in other conditions, plus she had countermeasures prepared. When she realized she couldn't whoop him in an enclosed space she thought about bringing him in the desert immediately. The way she used the reactor from the broken ship to put him on fire was great too.

I was impressed.
Thanks, haven't seen the film. Sounds like they made "Atlantis" way more powerful here.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You doin too much.. your last three posts you'd think Coogler made The Godfather

It was a good movie, best of phase 4 but definitely not a masterpiece by any stretch, the ending keeps it from being higher than an 8/10

I criticized the movie heavily breh :heh:

I started it off saying I would have made Killmonger the lead and redeemed him like they're redeeming Loki.

Its a very good movie though. Its better than MOM, Love and Thunder, Eternals and definitely, Black Widow lol. It left me wanting more of Wakanda, Of course, its not the Godfather. Coogler just did a really good job with what he had to work with. If anybody has residual animosity over them not recasting, just let it go and go watch :yeshrug:

QBN

All Star
Daps
So they don't get down like that in the comics?

Then why did T'Challa advocate for peace with Atlantis AFTER Namor flooded Wakanda and killed countless people? The only reason it didn't work is because Shuri was on the throne and said "Nah fukk all that."
I think it depends on the writer, but the Christopher Priest and Reginald Hudlin versions of T'Challa showed him as a brilliant, cunning stragtegist. Other writers abandoned that part of him.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That has nothing to do with forgiveness imo. That was the best strategic move for Wakanda.

She proved that her side was much better during battle and burned dude to a crisp. She kills him, and like M'Baku said, they get stuck in a drawn-out war with an unknown nation so familiar with vibranium that they can create suns under water. WHILE other countries all over the world try to attack them because they know they're weak at the moment. With her knowing she doesn't have much fighting experience yet.

Killing him would have felt good but would have been stupid asf, and no competent leader would have done this.

On the other hand, she whoops him and forces him to yield, and that allows time for Wakanda to heal their wounds, step up their game and create a new potential ally if shyt turns sour when it comes to other forces. Not only can they boast a victory and moral superiority over Talokan, they can threaten them to do whatever they want because Talokan, contrarily to Wakanda everybody knows about, is scared asf to be discovered.

Shuri overall felt like the best strategist we've seen as a Black Panther (compared to T'Challa's pops, T'Challa and Killmonger):hubie: She can't fight yet but her smarts are up there. She figured out her enemy's weakness after one battle. Her plan to attract Namor, isolate him and dry him out, while preventing his crew from bringing in reinforcements with the submarine sonic disruptor was smart asf and worked. I know some folks said it was stupid to fight dude in the water but it was key to bringing him out. He never expected that and would have never stepped out in other conditions, plus she had countermeasures prepared. When she realized she couldn't whoop him in an enclosed space she thought about bringing him in the desert immediately. The way she used the reactor from the broken ship to put him on fire was great too.

I was impressed.

:obama:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Wait...

So, T'Challa impregnated Nakia, they both "agreed" not to raised the child in Wakanda because of the pressures of the throne and he set her up, with the kid, in Haiti thousands of miles away?

:laff: That's Killmonger's origin :laff:

The more I hear about the movie, the harder it is to dedicate 3 hours to it
nikkas will be all over the place with their thoughts. Go see it for yourself. I loved it. I am going to see it again and it was better than BP1. Go see it yourself