NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Wait...

So, T'Challa impregnated Nakia, they both "agreed" not to raised the child in Wakanda because of the pressures of the throne and he set her up, with the kid, in Haiti thousands of miles away?

:laff: That's Killmonger's origin :laff:

The more I hear about the movie, the harder it is to dedicate 3 hours to it
T'Challa is a scholar first. He knows his history. All throughout history, children in similar situations have been eliminated. A 5-6 year prince/king to be in charge of a country with a rare resource that had just disclosed their existence to the world means having a target on his back. Also, nation-state destabilization often begins with death and assassination. T'Challa never had to grow up like that, so why would he put his kid in that situation? It makes perfect sense. I love too that Haiti is a site of Black liberation and that his son's Haitian name is the father of the Haitian revolution that pushed out the colonizers. I love too, that he won't grow up around wealth. That he's going to have an intimate understanding of poverty and struggle. Nakia's passion for outreach and compassion is being nurtured in him by living outside of the throne's eye. It's fitting and I really thought it was brilliant to put them there.

Last edited:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Here's a tribute that Chadwick to Stan Lee, he says regardless of what you going through, they need to keep these characters going. He even mentioned cancer as something a person may battle for in life.

Chadwick has said in many interviews about the importance of the character and how hard it is to be a black actor in Hollywood.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I have a weird question. Growing up, i was one of the few in my area that was reading some Namor based comics and because of that, I never knew how his name was pronounced. But I always thought it was more than likely NA-mor. With emphasis on the first syllable.

Was i wrong or did they change the pronunciation in this movie to give the name a Latin American feel?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Not really. Killmonger's dad kept him away from Wakanda because he feared that with his mom being American they wouldn't accept him. T'Challa's logic was to keep his son away from Wakanda so that he could grow up in an environment where he's seen as a regular kid and not the heir to the throne

pretty idiotic when you think of the state of Haiti though. We gotta ignore logic for the sake of the symbolic history Haiti has

puggle

Superstar
Daps
If this is Coogler’s last BP movie, I’m not give him that much flack for the bloated length. I take it as him putting in everything he wanted before he leaves the franchise directing wise.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Sounds like Wakanda is taking mad L's

:stopitslime: That old "Black people must forgive their enemies" trope.:camby: Wakandans are not built like that at all in the comics. Hell even in BP 1, T'Challa was about to murk Klaw on the spot but only stopped when Okoye told him a crowd was watching and filming him.
So they don't get down like that in the comics?

Then why did T'Challa advocate for peace with Atlantis AFTER Namor flooded Wakanda and killed countless people? The only reason it didn't work is because Shuri was on the throne and said "Nah fukk all that."

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll know this is the thread for the movie right? Y'all know the movie is out right?

You don't need to use spoiler tags in here:mjlol:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Ya'll know this is the thread for the movie right? Y'all know the movie is out right?

You don't need to use spoiler tags in here:mjlol:
Opening weekend ain’t even finish yet. :dahell:

Word of mouth is a thing. People who haven’t watched yet are going to come in and peep whether a watch is worth the investment.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was one of the people that felt that they should have recast or went with Killmonger. And their scene in the ancestral plane kinda makes me :wow: at what could’ve been. Their relationship would’ve been great storytelling having her have to be ruler and him becoming the protector to atone for his actions. It could’ve worked. I mean, it doesn’t make sense to have Namor kill her mother and she lets him live but Killmonger is an opp forever that can never be forgiven. Like, come on breh.

But I’m off my soapbox. No more bytching and complaining.

Ok. One more complaint. Riri needs to get a better suit because it was corny looking. Ok, that’s it.

They surprised the hell out of me. This was really good. Its was a worthy successor to the first movie. I ended up buying multiple tickets to support. I teared up a few times, especially during Ramona’s funeral and T’Challa’s earlier on. I kinda hate that these are only movies. I could watch stuff set in Wakanda forever :blessed: I kinda wish there was a Game of Thrones style television show where we got 10 episodes because one movie is not enough :to:

Nakia is bad as fukk. My god, that’s a beautiful woman :wow:

Shuri looked every bit like royalty when she came down with the fresh braids and the Black Panther suit :obama: Was :wow: when the elders came around her and embraced her as the new protector. My people :mjcry: I love that even though she’s not as strong as T’Chala, she’s strong in other ways. By realizing that Narmor could be dried out and weakened. Clawed that muthafukka up bad :russ: She’ll do fine as BP going forward and I’m actually with it now.

Ramona is probably the best Queen/motherly role shown in Marvel so far. She’s finally reunited with T’Challa and T’Chaka. I love the imagery on their casket also. It reminds me of Egypt/Nubia.

Narmor is a dope villain. Like, I almost didn’t think he was a villain, they just had conflicting interests. I like how he flies, it looks like he stepping in the air. I didn’t realize he was that strong though or a mutant. Like bruh really almost caved in M’Baku’s chest :damn: Whoever the chick that was second in command to Narmor…she was with the shyts most definitely :wow:

Riri is a cool character. I wonder how they’re going to include her going forward. I hope she keeps rocking with Shuri though. Marvel really shytting on DC at this point. They introducing the next generation of characters, about to have another ten year run :wow:

Toussaint is a dope ass name. Trust, a lot of people gonna start naming their kids that. I look forward to Shuri being a mentor and raising him to be the next King. Going to be interesting.

Are you gonna be noble like your brother or handle business like me :wow:

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
M’Baku is Wankanda’s muscle now so he will have a larger role in the Dora Milaje movie
Y'all never learn this is the Finn shyt all over again:mjlol:

Initially it was "Marvel is giving Winston Duke a pay raise because M'Baku is going to be prominently featured in Wakanda forever" then you find out that shyt was a lie based on his performance and him being the comic relief big burly useless nikka

Then it's "well you gotta wait for the next movie. These things take time"

Riiiiiiight:mjlol: