QBN

All Star
Daps
Sounds like Wakanda is taking mad L's
So about the end

Namor floods Wakanda.. several people die but lets not gloss over that he murders the queen in cold blood. After that there's no "yield" to me... u gotta end him right then and there...

That's why the movie can't be a classic. it's still very good but everyone around me was :patrice: at that...
:stopitslime: That old "Black people must forgive their enemies" trope.:camby: Wakandans are not built like that at all in the comics. Hell even in BP 1, T'Challa was about to murk Klaw on the spot but only stopped when Okoye told him a crowd was watching and filming him.

QBN

All Star
Daps
But you're not supposed to see the actor in a movie though. you're supposed to see the character. Every time someone mentions an actor being themselves in a movie, it's always meant as a slight.

The plot of the movie was all over the place. Namor changed plans without merit like 5x. Shuri becoming Black Panther still doesn't change that she couldn't fight, and damn sure can't lead Wakanda. Every stage of her master plan was dumb. So the final fight outcome came out of nowhere. Okoye was dropped halfway through the movie. Ayo had virtually no lines. Ross, Valentina & Riri were all filler...and M'Baku was comic relief. These are my gripes with the actual movie...even with the acting being excellent.
About Okoye
what do you mean when you say she was dropped? Tell me they didn't kill her! :mjcry:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
m'baku was great but underutilized here.. he has a great presence. hope to see more of breh :obama:
Is it fair to say he was just a slapdikk in movie, used as plot device to get scolded and get chest bust wide open? There were no black men with lines other than him and they barely used him other than that..

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Wow.. we just got out about a half hour ago and i have a lot of thoughts.. mostly positive. No spoilers so don't worry.

The two heartfelt scenes in relation to Boseman were perfect. Loved them. Reminded me of the tribute for Paul Walker in the Fast series. :mjcry:

Lupita was gorgeous :whew:

Namor was hit and miss but mostly cool as hell to me... the sh-t he was doing out there dolo :whoo: my only gripe was the Mexican accent.. not really feeln that lol

All the action was good.. really good...

That one scene with Shuri and _________ tellin her to boss up on them :ohlawd: was not expecting that..

So what missed. For me it was WAY too long.. i love a long run time so it's not that. There's scenes that could have been cut for sure.. Also... the end.. not really feelin the end at all. i'll discuss that more later.

Overall: 8/10
He’s a decent of the Aztecs why wouldn’t he have an mexican accent? Mofo been around since the 15th century

Daps
And she really couldn't fight. She got her ass kicked for the most part. She just got crazy heart and recovery ability. T'challa could fight but couldn't take anywhere near as much pain.

Why you say T'challa couldn't take pain? The man got thrown off a cliff and survived.

Killmonger even hit him with a miniature missile and he got back up.

Last edited:
Daps
I have a weird question. Growing up, i was one of the few in my area that was reading some Namor based comics and because of that, I never knew how his name was pronounced. But I always thought it was more than likely NA-mor. With emphasis on the first syllable.

Was i wrong or did they change the pronunciation in this movie to give the name a Latin American feel?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
movie def had a heavier tone than most...but it was a long good watch....wasn't the biggest fan of the ending though....the cat who played namor and angela bassett shined in this...m'baku should have had a larger role

7/10
M’Baku is Wankanda’s muscle now so he will have a larger role in the Dora Milaje movie

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I have a weird question. Growing up, i was one of the few in my area that was reading some Namor based comics and because of that, I never knew how his name was pronounced. But I always thought it was more than likely NA-mor. With emphasis on the first syllable.

Was i wrong or did they change the pronunciation in this movie to give the name a Latin American feel?
I always called him Namar :mjlol: