Daps
Wasn't pressed due to the unimpressive trailer, but it sounds like I need to go see this.

Just occurred to me, why didn't anyone ask Chad before he died? Seems like someone would have gotten his opinion in case they had to make the movie without him alive or not. Say he was super sickly for another year before remission. How did this not come up? :mindblown:

No one knew. Not even Marvel. He didn't tell anyone. And it was revealed that he didn't tell anyone cause he thought he was gonna make it until the last minute:to:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Wait...

So, T'Challa impregnated Nakia, they both "agreed" not to raised the child in Wakanda because of the pressures of the throne and he set her up, with the kid, in Haiti thousands of miles away?

:laff: That's Killmonger's origin :laff:

The more I hear about the movie, the harder it is to dedicate 3 hours to it

Daps
I'd definitely watch a Namor movie for sure.

Momoa/DC is probably kicking themselves for not flipping Aquaman's background the same way.

I like the Aquaman underwater scenes more than the Namor underwater scenes. In Aquaman, it looks magical. In this movie, it looks realistic and thus less magical.

However I watched bootleg so there's that. Maybe I missed out on that 4k crispness :mjgrin:

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I like the Aquaman underwater scenes more than the Namor underwater scenes. In Aquaman, it looks magical. In this movie, it looks realistic and thus less magical.

However I watched bootleg so there's that. Maybe I missed out on that 4k crispness :mjgrin:

The Aquaman joints were brighter - but they were still Greco-Roman. They could have leaned in on Momoa's Pacific Islander heritage instead

Daps
Pham… just recently parted ways w a woman i had intentions on marrying and i dont think shes ever coming back. So a vreh already been emotional as fidduck.

Taking my dad on sunday and i aint aboot to sob next to pops.

Prolly a good idea if i go in a bit tipsy cuz it looks like a potential tear jerk fest.

:ohlawd:

I feel you, bro. I hope all works out for the best. :to:

I know what you're going through. Don't develop a black heart like I have :mjcry:

Keep the faith :wow:

Daps
Sounds like Wakanda is taking mad L's

:stopitslime: That old "Black people must forgive their enemies" trope.:camby: Wakandans are not built like that at all in the comics. Hell even in BP 1, T'Challa was about to murk Klaw on the spot but only stopped when Okoye told him a crowd was watching and filming him.

Spiderman did the same thing in his movie tho. :gucci:

Yall internet militants are the worst.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

nah u didn't... they were dark even in the theater. Lets be honest tho.. Avatar scenes gonna crush the buildings

Daps
He’s a decent of the Aztecs why wouldn’t he have an mexican accent? Mofo been around since the 15th century

That's not his origin in the comics. I wish they didn't make him Mexican for the movies but:yeshrug:

I feel like they should have just made a movie around an actual Latin American marvel hero rather than change Namors origin.

But I mainly say that cause I don't like the actor and I don't like his accent.

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
I really enjoyed this Ryan Coogler had to redo the whole script and still came out with this masterpiece. I don't care what kind of narrative the weirdos say about this being a majority female cast in this they all did great.

I didn't like the ending with Shuri not killing him, but I don't read the comics so if they going by that timeline it's whatever.

Ramonda Forever :mjcry:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait...

So, T'Challa impregnated Nakia, they both "agreed" not to raised the child in Wakanda because of the pressures of the throne and he set her up, with the kid, in Haiti thousands of miles away?

:laff: That's Killmonger's origin :laff:

The more I hear about the movie, the harder it is to dedicate 3 hours to it

Not really. Killmonger's dad kept him away from Wakanda because he feared that with his mom being American they wouldn't accept him. T'Challa's logic was to keep his son away from Wakanda so that he could grow up in an environment where he's seen as a regular kid and not the heir to the throne