mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It's fascinating that after all these years of successful comic book movies that people obviously care immensely about, people still find ways to be reductive and pejorative about comic books
That's not what I said or did. :camby:

I was shytting on comic book fans who can't see the world beyond that. :umad:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If I had to compare this movie to my favorite rapper of all time songs, 2pac Shakur.

BP1 - Keep Ya Head Up
BP2 - So Many Tears

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was decent. Nothing special. I did find it a little odd that that a movie supposedly about black excellence was really about Mexican excellence. They did a great job with namor and his character and background. He was the strongest character in the movie by far.

I always thought wakanda was supposed to be the most advanced country on earth but that title clearly belongs to namor and his people. They decimated wakanda in five minutes without breaking a sweat. Thanos didn't even do that. I wasn't a fan of how weak they made wakanda. They only survived cause of namors mercy.
I don't know why you'd find it odd with all the "black and brown" "people of color" rhetoric black people are inundated with in real life

If you didn't know before please understand now that the world feels entitled to black people enough that they feel black people have to "share" everything. That sharing is actually them strong arming your shyt from you

Nikkas predicted this from the moment they found out Namor was Mexican but it was dismissed

Hamsterdam921

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh wow, imagine the novelty of people going to SEE the movie and still walking away of the opinion that he should’ve been recast, how dare poeople still disagree with marvel’s decision now that they have SEEN the movie themselves :rolleyes:
If you vehemently disagreed with marvel and still spent your money to go see it, have at it breh :hubie:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Just getting home from watching it. The movie itself isn't good, but no one is going to admit so, at least not within the first coupe of weeks. I don't see them getting many repeat viewings, and there's about 3 too many plot points. Riri is macguffin'd into this, and was not really needed. Namor is all over the place.. Sometimes I was watching like, okay that's Namor, and then it was like WTF is this dude. Even omitting his 616 counterpart, Namor had like 3 different portrayals. Wakanda isn't really a character. Ross is shoehorned into it as well.

All of that talk about Letitia, show some respect for Angela Bassett. She and Danai carried the first half.

Overall, I felt every bit of that almost 3hours, and sadly, it feels like they've closed the chapter on Wakanda in the MCU. Other than Okoye, I don't see them pulling from, or revisiting it at any point in the near future.
This.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just watched it. Really enjoyed it and the actresses really stepped up their performances. But there was a presence that Chadwick really brought to that first film that was sorely missed here. :mjcry:

I’m probably not gonna rush to rewatch this one like the first film. This was good but it really puts in perspective how great the first one was. Real curious to see where Coogler goes from here though.

As I was leaving the theater I saw a family young black boys dressed up as BP making their way in. I’m not mad at the prospect of seeing a Young T’Challa’s journey of becoming King. We’ll probably see Miles Morales before we see a black King on screen again though. :to:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
That's exactly what you did. Your post was hyperbolic specifically for the purpose of shytting on comic fans
No, that's what you did.

And my post wasn't hyperbolic. But yes, I was shytting on comic book fans who can't see past the comic books.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
So about the end

Namor floods Wakanda.. several people die but lets not gloss over that he murders the queen in cold blood. After that there's no "yield" to me... u gotta end him right then and there...

That's why the movie can't be a classic. it's still very good but everyone around me was :patrice: at that...

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow.. we just got out about a half hour ago and i have a lot of thoughts.. mostly positive. No spoilers so don't worry.

The two heartfelt scenes in relation to Boseman were perfect. Loved them. Reminded me of the tribute for Paul Walker in the Fast series. :mjcry:

Lupita was gorgeous :whew:

Namor was hit and miss but mostly cool as hell to me... the sh-t he was doing out there dolo :whoo: my only gripe was the Mexican accent.. not really feeln that lol

All the action was good.. really good...

That one scene with Shuri and _________ tellin her to boss up on them :ohlawd: was not expecting that..

So what missed. For me it was WAY too long.. i love a long run time so it's not that. There's scenes that could have been cut for sure.. Also... the end.. not really feelin the end at all. i'll discuss that more later.

Overall: 8/10

U know what props breh for reminding me about the Fast and furious and how they handled Paul Walkers passing and the recast dilemma. That cast is real close and he passed during filming and luckily for them he has a twin breh but this is like going back to school on the 1st day and thats when they hit u with the news so i empathize with the cast a lil more now and respect marvel for letting them hold that final say.

Still processing but ill give it a 7 because like others said i needed black brehs to shine a lil more not just in the back as props even tho the woman gave off powerful and emotional performances. I liked Namor and his crew was menacing and deep but i didnt like how weak and small Wakanda felt compared to them. Its like every atlantian was bout that action while nikkas was BBQ’ing and fishing. After losing ya protector u would think they would start a draft. Yall gotta help defend this shyt they know we got that work!!! :damn:

my only gripe is that if they was going to go with the black brown unity stuff at the end then they shouldnt have killed Ramona cause u kill angela bassett i wanted oil spills and soda rings all above they shytt and set it on fire nikka wtf its beef forever!! But i understand cause that added more emotion to the gesture.

baby T’challa had me choked up. We get T’challa BP and still can honor Chad in future films. Plus i doubt this is the end of this franchise especially if its projected to make 360M this weekend alone.they showed us the human grieving now lets get back to the comic shyt and watch them new herbs give that boy a lebron james puberty and play it out like MCU spidey and watch him grow with the OG cast helping him

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So about the end

Namor floods Wakanda.. several people die but lets not gloss over that he murders the queen in cold blood. After that there's no "yield" to me... u gotta end him right then and there...

That's why the movie can't be a classic. it's still very good but everyone around me was :patrice: at that...

Yea thats my only real gripe. After that i was waiting for the “See Wakanda and die” line

QBN

All Star
Daps
I rewatched the 1st Black Panther last night instead. It brought back all the good memories and vibes of how it felt walking out the theatre after BP1...Black Excellence and Black Pride :blessed: I will see BP2 when it hits streaming.