8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
But you're not supposed to see the actor in a movie though. you're supposed to see the character. Every time someone mentions an actor being themselves in a movie, it's always meant as a slight.

The plot of the movie was all over the place. Namor changed plans without merit like 5x. Shuri becoming Black Panther still doesn't change that she couldn't fight, and damn sure can't lead Wakanda. Every stage of her master plan was dumb. So the final fight outcome came out of nowhere. Okoye was dropped halfway through the movie. Ayo had virtually no lines. Ross, Valentina & Riri were all filler...and M'Baku was comic relief. These are my gripes with the actual movie...even with the acting being excellent.
spoilers, nikka. :mjlol:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Stop acting like this is unanimous, it’s a very large segment who feel the character is more important that the actor and should’ve been recast, just because that faction didn’t “win” doesn’t mean to the world only Chadwick is tchalla
when I say the world, I’m talking most of the world. Most of the world sees Boseman as T’Challa. And I don’t know what is a “win“ or “loss” is here, but recasting that character just two years after his death would have been wildly insensitive to most of the world who watches these movies. Boseman was arguably the most visible person in the MCEU. He was out promoting the movie everywhere and was dressing as if he was T’Challa.

They will eventually recast it, but you can’t expect most people move on like
nothing happened. The production team and company didn’t just move on from him.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Great sequel.

Letitia Wright’s performance was brilliant and she carried the film excellently.

I miss Chadwick :bryan::sadbron:

Edit: If Namor wasn’t committing Black Genocide I would’ve been rooting for him - was hoping Wakanda would accept his proposal :francis:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
for people arguing abour recasting

mark-ruffalo-hulk-the-avengers.jpeg

and the Hulk is way more popular. Edward Norton as the Hulk was the MCU.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
when I say the world, I’m talking most of the world. Most of the world sees Boseman as T’Challa. And I don’t know what is a “win“ or “loss” is here, but recasting that character just two years after his death would have been wildly insensitive to most of the world who watches these movies. Boseman was arguably the most visible person in the MCEU. He was out promoting the movie everywhere and was dressing as if he was T’Challa.

They will eventually recast it, but you can’t expect most people move on like
nothing happened. The production team and company didn’t just move on from him.
Immaturity. :francis:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I don’t feel it was a swan song. It’s clear, we’ll be back and there is now a line of succession, just sucks to know there is no Tchalla BP ready to lead/appear in the other MCU movies. But really just don’t give me more of Shuri fighting.…I will say it til I’m blue in the face, that bony chick is beyond suspension of belief
I mean swan song in the immediately future, current projection of MCU. There's no reason to revisit Wakanda any time soon. Or course they'll go back, but I think that'll be after the reset when there's new Iron Man, Steve Rogers etc. The line of succession still puts it at least 7yrs away

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I mean swan song in the immediately future, current projection of MCU. There's no reason to revisit Wakanda any time soon. Or course they'll go back, but I think that'll be after the reset when there's new Iron Man, Steve Rogers etc. The line of succession still puts it at least 7yrs away
Yea, from that angle I agree and why I won’t get over them not recasting. This iteration of the franchise deserved a trilogy, I feel we lost too much of the only majority black world within MCU to just be put on ice for a decade. we also lost BP being one of the HNICs of the avengers unless there is a time jump at the beginning of phase 6…they gave up too much in the way of black excellence by taking this route.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
In an interview for this week’s Variety cover story, “Wakanda Forever” producer Nate Moore says that Marvel Studios is currently developing multiple series set within Wakanda for Disney+ with director Ryan Coogler’s production company, Proximity Media.

“This world is expansive, and there are so many great characters,” Moore says. “Beyond what happens with this film, there are more opportunities to go back to Wakanda.”
Ryan Coogler Discusses His Marvel Future After ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’: ‘This Movie Got Everything I Have’

It will probably be a while though before the 3rd BP, I'd guess at least 5 years

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That's a RANDOM add hypothetical to just be asking somebody :pachaha:

If one of your coworkers asked what you'd like them to do in the event of your sudden death you'd probably cuss them out
At my IT job, sure, but this is a billion dollar franchise, which is part of an even bigger franchise. Marvel/Disney should have asked if anyone.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's some positives. Great opening. Great closing (not the mid credit). I think Namor and crew as a whole were different in a good way.

Negative: just did not deliver that Wakanda pride. The 1st one felt like you were apart of this Black african fantasy world. This one, they concentrated in showing Namor world. Which is fine since he plays a major role. But it def didn't have that blsck pride feel.

combat wise it was straight. But it never went to the.next level. The music teally made it seem like it would.

Sparing Namor felt too much like "No way Home".

nggas was losing that mine when that ugly boy appeared. Ill give him that surprise wise./SPOILER]

I'll give the movie a B. MCU still don't feel like its back. And this nothing to give me hope for future mcu films
Wanted to dap for the stuff not in the spoiler, then you randomly go on to call a kid ugly…:camby:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think that’s an issue you have, tbh. You are too much of a fan that you can’t understand why everyone else feels differently. We see the actor, and you see something that reminds you of a comic book issue.
It's fascinating that after all these years of successful comic book movies that people obviously care immensely about, people still find ways to be reductive and condescending about comic books

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movie was decent. Nothing special. I did find it a little odd that that a movie supposedly about black excellence was really about Mexican excellence. They did a great job with namor and his character and background. He was the strongest character in the movie by far.

I always thought wakanda was supposed to be the most advanced country on earth but that title clearly belongs to namor and his people. They decimated wakanda in five minutes without breaking a sweat. Thanos didn't even do that. I wasn't a fan of how weak they made wakanda. They only survived cause of namors mercy.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
The mid credit scene was basically Marvel‘s way of telling the recast T’Challa crowd “Here is your new T ’Challa but he is not THE T’Challa that you all been asking for. A fatherless Black child with the same name is all that your getting.” shyt was such a lame cop out and a disappointment for true T’Challa fans.:francis: