Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The way they introduced the Talokan felt like some shyt out of a horror movie. :whoo:

Imagine being on a ship alone and subtly hearing the call of a siren in the open sea. You turn around and see folks on the ledge about to jump off. Something’s off. You try calling their name, but to no avail…they jump off anyways.

That’s some Cthulhu type shyt.:damn:

And they didn’t have to do Chris Rock’s girl like that. :heh:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think that’s an issue you have, tbh. You are too much of a fan that you can’t understand why everyone else feels differently. We see the actor, and you see something that reminds you of a comic book issue.
But you're not supposed to see the actor in a movie though. you're supposed to see the character. Every time someone mentions an actor being themselves in a movie, it's always meant as a slight.

The plot of the movie was all over the place. Namor changed plans without merit like 5x. Shuri becoming Black Panther still doesn't change that she couldn't fight, and damn sure can't lead Wakanda. Every stage of her master plan was dumb. So the final fight outcome came out of nowhere. Okoye was dropped halfway through the movie. Ayo had virtually no lines. Ross, Valentina & Riri were all filler...and M'Baku was comic relief. These are my gripes with the actual movie...even with the acting being excellent.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just seen it again i caught some things i missed but i got to thinking...

1. Did Thanos affect any of namors crew? There was no mention of it what so ever and you would think namor and them would have helped against thanos.

2. Since M baku gonns be king is he also gonna smoke the herb and become BP as well.

3. Mama/Queen was finna tell shuri about her nephew until namor came knocking.

4. Why did the people who took the namor herb turn blue and have to live in water? When the wakandans took the same shyt they did not have the same side affects?

5. That white woman, i thought maybe Namor put her under mind control or some shyt thats why she didnt die in the ocean. Maybe he did....

6. When you go to the ancestral plane, you go to see what your heart desires the most. Since shuri heart desired revenge she seen Killmonger there. But her daddy should have been there as well

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Toussaint is my haitian name
Who are you?
My name is prince t'challa. Son of Prince T'challa

:to:
son of KING T'Challa :ufdup:

Just saw it:
Namor...dope; id watch a movie/series on him; the actor did his thing...did he/Talocans blip? :patrice:
Queen Ramonda....man Angela just fine as shyt...acted her ass off
Sharing....wanted her to go full Erik, but I knew they wouldn't let her do that
Those Talocanians (sp), can fight...Attuma:merchant:
Can't stand Elaine...something about the character pisses me off
Needed more Wakanda

I think they could've elaborated on T'Challas death...illness, died off screen...4mins dedicated to that? Nah...there had to be something else. Show him getting killed in combat or something
Needed to cut a good 20-30mins too

7.5/10

Still got No Way Home as best in Phase 4, BP right behind

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Ok,so maybe I brought too much of the real world into this movie, which affects the things I think are negatives, but overall it’s a decent movie as it’s own little thing, but I’m just not swayed from being part of the wish they would’ve recast crowd.

first off, definitely loved the moments they gave us to remember Chadwick, made a thug woman tear up a bit :wow:

now to the movie. First off, guess im a victim of patriarchy, because I’m not sold on all these women kicking men’s asses, especially not no fukking 80lb Letiti. Like at least give me a 5’10” meg thee stallion built chick…hell, I would’ve taken Queen Angela and her toned arms kicking ass at 60 over Letitia (aided by a 5 ft nothing also 80 lb iron heart :facepalm: )

speaking of Angela, I don’t follow all the leaks so I wasn’t ready for her to die :mjcry:

where I brought too much of the real world in was around current divisions in the US and the black community and just feeling these storylines werent the right time. I am truly saddened by the lack of leading black men in this movie, maybe I’m in the minority of women, but I didn’t need a full black girl magic film, the OG struck a great balance between roles of substance for both the sexes. All the fighting between BM and BW right now, I would’ve preferred a more universal film. maybe black Adam filled that role for BM tho…haven’t seen it

my other real world thing, film lost a bit of that black excellence feel by bringing in this Aztec/Mexican nation and their lore, I shouldnt feel this way but I do :manny: also, being from cali and the whole tension between blacks and Mexicans, I didn’t enjoy seeing that on screen, again, my issue for letting real world issues taint my enjoyment of fiction.

I don’t get how they kept hitting nakia dipped six years ago when the OG BP was four years ago, but guess I’m supposed to just accept that the years don’t match

and while I didnt really enjoy MBJ’s performance as killmonger in the first film, i liked that that was who showed up in the ancestral plane, and god damn he looked good :noah:

for what it was tho, it was entertaining, as a self contained film, it’s like a 7.5 to me, but as part of the BP franchise, it’s a very middle 5

Last edited:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
You gotta go to the midnight shows brehs
My job did the thing where we treated students to go see the movie so I went to help but yeah, def gonna go again so I can watch it without kids constantly getting up, being on their phones, talking throughout...

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just came out the theater. It was good. Wasn’t great. Probably as good as you could make it given the circumstances though. Loved Namor’s character.

Something felt off though. I think it was that there were no men really leading the battles. MBaku was there here and there, but…something was missing.