Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
My fav scene
When they attacked the US ship and hypnotized the white men to jump off the ship to their deaths in the water below. Clear symbolism of slaves being forced overboard into the ocean

I saw it more as the legend of mermaids singing that made sailors go into the water so that they could take them to the depths and kill them.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Thought the movie was excellent. Deals with grief and loss heavy.

*The beginning of the movie almost had me not going to lie. When the Marvel credits rolled you couldn't hear a pin drop. Definitely an emotional film

I understand why Shuri would be motivated by vengeance. She lost her whole family in a short span. She had to really channel really losing Chadwick in real life and T'Challa in the movie and I think she was able to pull it off.

*Namor and his whole backstory was excellent. The whole underwater city was amazing. It was thrilling to see. It's like new world with Wakanda and their usage of vibranium and old world Mayan type technology with Namor's use of vibranium.

*How they hypnotized people reminded me of Siren mermaids. I thought it was dope.

*M'Baku showed growth after the death of T'Challa

*I knew Ludwig wouldn't disappoint me with the score.:blessed: Another home run.

*Queen Mother :mjcry: Angela Bassett was amazing.

*My big gripe with the last movie was there wasn't enough fight scenes. This delivered for me. Namor's movements were excellent. The Dora Milaje were incredible. Okoye was excellent.

*I thought Riri was a welcome addition. Her final suit reminded me of a Japanese mecha for some reason but I thought it was dope. I felt like she could have done more in the suit though. Tony would have cleaned house out there

* I'm worried about the US Govt and what they're trying to do with Wakanda. Will they send US Agent, etc? Getting interesting.

*Namor calls himself a mutant. :ehh:

*Nakia and that rump roast she got :whew:
When Namor called himself a mutant
I just smiled. I love how the MCU lays down small seeds in damn near each film and show that you know are gonna be gigantic later on.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I never read a comic book so how accurate is the movie ? Did Namor ever encounter Wakanda in the comics ? And why was his name something else in the movie
Namor and Black Panther have encountered, fought, and teamed up several times over the years. Their nations, Atlantis and Wakanda, have both butted heads, stolen from each other, etc. The biggest issue that kicked off complete war was when Namor flooded Wakanda though, murdered countless people.

He only did it because the X-Men and Avengers we're beefing though. Avengers we're hiding out in Wakanda and Namor wasn't about the games, doesn't help he had the Phoenix at the time. So they changed a lot for the film.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I enjoyed this movie. It really is very emotional and I caught myself fighting back tears during the opening sequence.

Seeing the Chadwick Marvel opening tribute in total silence gave me chills. The silence in the theater was intense. I couldn’t literally hear people with the :to:

There really wasn’t no good or bad guys in this film. Which is rare for a comic book movie because you can see exactly where everybody is coming from. Couldn’t really hate on Namor because like Shuri, he was protecting his people by any means.

Angela Bassett is 63 years and she still looks like she is barely 40. They had to give her grey hair so she can look her age :russ:

However I feel this isn’t better than the first one IMO. But it’s essential viewing and it makes the first one even harder to watch because you have such a bittersweet taste in your mouth when it ends.

It’s quite fitting this movie is the ending of Phase 4. Because the theme I realized that was kept through out a majority of the movies/shows was grief.

WandaVision opened Phase 4 on grief and “Wakanda Forever” ended Phase 4 in hope.

T’Chalia Jr’s reveal almost had me :sadbron:

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
More prominent roles? What movie did you watch?
It's some positives. Great opening. Great closing (not the mid credit). I think Namor and crew as a whole were different in a good way.

Negative: just did not deliver that Wakanda pride. The 1st one felt like you were apart of this Black african fantasy world. This one, they concentrated in showing Namor world. Which is fine since he plays a major role. But it def didn't have that blsck pride feel.

combat wise it was straight. But it never went to the.next level. The music teally made it seem like it would.

Sparing Namor felt too much like "No way Home".

nggas was losing that mine when that ugly boy appeared. Ill give him that surprise wise./SPOILER]

I'll give the movie a B. MCU still don't feel like its back. And this nothing to give me hope for future mcu films

Yeah. I was actually thinking that they should have given Namor his own movie

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Wow.. we just got out about a half hour ago and i have a lot of thoughts.. mostly positive. No spoilers so don't worry.

The two heartfelt scenes in relation to Boseman were perfect. Loved them. Reminded me of the tribute for Paul Walker in the Fast series. :mjcry:

Lupita was gorgeous :whew:

Namor was hit and miss but mostly cool as hell to me... the sh-t he was doing out there dolo :whoo: my only gripe was the Mexican accent.. not really feeln that lol

All the action was good.. really good...

That one scene with Shuri and _________ tellin her to boss up on them :ohlawd: was not expecting that..

So what missed. For me it was WAY too long.. i love a long run time so it's not that. There's scenes that could have been cut for sure.. Also... the end.. not really feelin the end at all. i'll discuss that more later.

Overall: 8/10

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Wasn't pressed due to the unimpressive trailer, but it sounds like I need to go see this.
Some of you dudes need to live in the real world for a second. Chadwick died, in real life, after the first movie. Recasting him as someone else is fukking crazy. That’s not how reality works.

fukk that dumb shyt. He was playing a character that was created decades ago, Chadwick was not Black Panther. Recasting the ROLE was the right decision and because some people cant get out of their feelings they fukked everything up.

How many times have Marvel recasted characters because they had issues with the actors for some other reason? The association to the actors did not matter then, why now? It is a fukking business, not some small city production. If it was a good movie no one would of cared about the recast, but now bytch ass nikkas in their feelings fukked over what was supposed to be a strong black male role in a franchise that had few to none.
Just occurred to me, why didn't anyone ask Chad before he died? Seems like someone would have gotten his opinion in case they had to make the movie without him alive or not. Say he was super sickly for another year before remission. How did this not come up? :mindblown:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Wasn't pressed due to the unimpressive trailer, but it sounds like I need to go see this.

Just occurred to me, why didn't anyone ask Chad before he died? Seems like someone would have gotten his opinion in case they had to make the movie without him alive or not. Say he was super sickly for another year before remission. How did this not come up? :mindblown:
From what i recall he did not tell anybody until close to the end. He probably thought he was going to beat it.

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
Just finished seeing this movie…I’ll give my raw thoughts:

This movie felt “heavy” and understandably so. The beginning and the end of the movie evoked a lot of sadness and silence in the theater. It really hits you knowing that Chadwick is gone. I felt that this movie honored him gracefully and respectfully. You can feel the love and presence that he had on screen with the Black Panther cast.

Although it’s a Marvel movie, it felt much bigger than that. It was really an emotionally driven movie that made you invest in each person’s way of dealing with such a loss. Of course there were some cool and funny moments but the mood and overall tone far outweigh them, at least for me.

Such a bittersweet experience but an experience that I’m glad to witness. This will stick with me for awhile.

Pham… just recently parted ways w a woman i had intentions on marrying and i dont think shes ever coming back. So a vreh already been emotional as fidduck.

Taking my dad on sunday and i aint aboot to sob next to pops.

Prolly a good idea if i go in a bit tipsy cuz it looks like a potential tear jerk fest.

:ohlawd: