#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
She got her fighting abilities through the Black Panther ritual pretty much. She didn’t actually do any extensive training like that
And she really couldn't fight. She got her ass kicked for the most part. She just got crazy heart and recovery ability. T'challa could fight but couldn't take anywhere near as much pain.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Namor was AWESOME. He was calm…..but at the same time menacing. Sorta like Michael Corleone in “Godfather 2”
there was a scene where he was sitting on the throne talking and he looking almost like a crazy latin american dictator with the mannerisms he was using. it was real good. a little Castro-ish. That had to be intentional.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's some positives. Great opening. Great closing (not the mid credit). I think Namor and crew as a whole were different in a good way.

Negative: just did not deliver that Wakanda pride. The 1st one felt like you were apart of this Black african fantasy world. This one, they concentrated in showing Namor world. Which is fine since he plays a major role. But it def didn't have that blsck pride feel.

combat wise it was straight. But it never went to the.next level. The music teally made it seem like it would.

Sparing Namor felt too much like "No way Home".

nggas was losing that mine when that ugly boy appeared. Ill give him that surprise wise./SPOILER]

I'll give the movie a B. MCU still don't feel like its back. And this nothing to give me hope for future mcu films

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I feel like I watched a completely different movie from a lot of you nikkas

For starters, I’m not a huge fan of Black Panther 1, like some posters in this thread. BP1 was just alright to me.

I liked this movie A LOT more than BP1. Obviously, There was a huge somber tone around this movie, considering Chadwick’s death. I really would love to see the original script for this film and how much it differs from what we eventually ended up seeing due to Chad’s death.

Angela Basset did her fukking thing in this movie. Her acting was on point. I was really shocked when her character got killed.

I LOVED Atlantis in this movie. The decision to base Atlantis on indigenous Mesoamerican culture was great. I can imagine that for a lot of Hispanic people, seeing their culture represented on screen in such a cool way will have the same effect that BP1 had for Black people.

Namor was the highlight of this movie to me. He wasn’t as arrogant as his comic counterpart, but the things that make Namor, Namor, were still showcased.

Riri’s suit is awful. When I saw it on screen, I was like WTF? Marvel could’ve and should’ve done a way better job than that. I liked her character. I didn’t find her annoying. At the theatre I went to a lot of people laughed at her jokes, so I don’t understand the hate :yeshrug:

Shuri’s plan was dumb as hell. Attacking the Atlanteans on their home turf was pure idiocy. They have endless reinforcements, and if they sink your ship, it’s a wrap :mjlol:

Namor’s defeat was anti-climactic as hell. I really thought Shuri was gravely injured, and then all of a sudden, her suit heals her, and she gets a cheap victory over Namor? I wasn’t feeling that at all. That was a major letdown, especially after she talked to Killmonger in the ancestral realm.

I’m not one of the people whose been moaning about the lack of black masculinity in this film because of the trailer, but it was apparent when I actually watched this movie. The Black men in this movie were pretty useless. M’Baku was reduced to comic relief and got washed by Namor easily. I don’t think any of the Wakandan men were impactful in this film. Black women empowerment, I get it, and I understand that totally, but some of the black men could’ve shined, particularly M’Baku.

Letitia’s acting was on point in this movie, but I still don’t and probably will never buy her as Shuri. She can embody Shuri’s intelligence, but as a warrior, I just don’t see it. From jump street I wish we could’ve gotten an actress that physically embodies Shuri, but it’s far too late to turn back now.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie, and I’ll probably go see it again. My main gripes with this film were the lack of useful Black men, Riri’s suit, and the reveal about T’Challa’s son at the end. None of those things significantly ruined this movie for me, though.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I feel like I watched a completely different movie from a lot of you nikkas

For starters, I’m not a huge fan of Black Panther 1, like some posters in this thread. BP1 was just alright to me.

I liked this movie A LOT more than BP1. Obviously, There was a huge somber tone around this movie, considering Chadwick’s death. I really would love to see the original script for this film and how much it differs from what we eventually ended up seeing due to Chad’s death.

Angela Basset did her fukking thing in this movie. Her acting was on point. I was really shocked when her character got killed.

I LOVED Atlantis in this movie. The decision to base Atlantis on indigenous Mesoamerican culture was great. I can imagine that for a lot of Hispanic people, seeing their culture represented on screen in such a cool way will have the same effect that BP1 had for Black people.

Namor was the highlight of this movie to me. He wasn’t as arrogant as his comic counterpart, but the things that make Namor, Namor, were still showcased.

Riri’s suit is awful. When I saw it on screen, I was like WTF? Marvel could’ve and should’ve done a way better job than that. I liked her character. I didn’t find her annoying. At the theatre I went to a lot of people laughed at her jokes, so I don’t understand the hate :yeshrug:

Shuri’s plan was dumb as hell. Attacking the Atlanteans on their home turf was pure idiocy. They have endless reinforcements, and if they sink your ship, it’s a wrap :mjlol:

Namor’s defeat was anti-climactic as hell. I really thought Shuri was gravely injured, and then all of a sudden, her suit heals her, and she gets a cheap victory over Namor? I wasn’t feeling that at all. That was a major letdown, especially after she talked to Killmonger in the ancestral realm.

I’m not one of the people whose been moaning about the lack of black masculinity in this film because of the trailer, but it was apparent when I actually watched this movie. The Black men in this movie were pretty useless. M’Baku was reduced to comic relief and got washed by Namor easily. I don’t think any of the Wakandan men were impactful in this film. Black women empowerment, I get it, and I understand that totally, but some of the black men could’ve shined, particularly M’Baku.

Letitia’s acting was on point in this movie, but I still don’t and probably will never buy her as Shuri. She can embody Shuri’s intelligence, but as a warrior, I just don’t see it. From jump street I wish we could’ve gotten an actress that physically embodies Shuri, but it’s far too late to turn back now.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie, and I’ll probably go see it again. My main gripes with this film were the lack of useful Black men, Riri’s suit, and the reveal about T’Challa’s son at the end. None of those things significantly ruined this movie for me, though.
When Shuri laid out the plan, I was like "You're gonna do WHAT?":what:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Thought the movie was excellent. Deals with grief and loss heavy.

*The beginning of the movie almost had me not going to lie. When the Marvel credits rolled you couldn't hear a pin drop. Definitely an emotional film

I understand why Shuri would be motivated by vengeance. She lost her whole family in a short span. She had to really channel really losing Chadwick in real life and T'Challa in the movie and I think she was able to pull it off.

*Namor and his whole backstory was excellent. The whole underwater city was amazing. It was thrilling to see. It's like new world with Wakanda and their usage of vibranium and old world Mayan type technology with Namor's use of vibranium.

*How they hypnotized people reminded me of Siren mermaids. I thought it was dope.

*M'Baku showed growth after the death of T'Challa

*I knew Ludwig wouldn't disappoint me with the score.:blessed: Another home run.

*Queen Mother :mjcry: Angela Bassett was amazing.

*My big gripe with the last movie was there wasn't enough fight scenes. This delivered for me. Namor's movements were excellent. The Dora Milaje were incredible. Okoye was excellent.

*I thought Riri was a welcome addition. Her final suit reminded me of a Japanese mecha for some reason but I thought it was dope. I felt like she could have done more in the suit though. Tony would have cleaned house out there

* I'm worried about the US Govt and what they're trying to do with Wakanda. Will they send US Agent, etc? Getting interesting.

*Namor calls himself a mutant. :ehh:

*Nakia and that rump roast she got :whew: