Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Namor was AWESOME. He was calm…..but at the same time menacing. Sorta like Michael Corleone in “Godfather"
Namor was an absolute problem. Dude was pure controlled chaos and looked like he was 5 seconds away from going nuclear every time he was on screen.

So far the Black Panther movies have had the best villains in the MCU. They weren't just villains just to be villains. Both Killmonger and Namor had me like, "I mean...they got a point."

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Namor was an absolute problem. Dude was pure controlled chaos and looked like he was 5 seconds away from going nuclear every time he was on screen.

So far the Black Panther movies have had the best villains in the MCU. They weren't just villains just to be villains. Both Killmonger and Namor had me like, "I mean...they got a point."
I wasnt feeling Namor until around midpoint of the movie when he turned into a pure menace. Also. My high point of the movie was **** showing up in fresh white linens, looking clean AF and talking that TALK.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
I saw it last night but I really had to sleep on it because it was a lot.

1: I held it together better than I thought I would. Chadwick's presence was missed but they did good for what they had to work with, but initially it felt flat. It felt empty. But now, looking back, it was a solid film.

Spoilers from here.
2: Namor was a problem. And just like Killmonger, he had a fukking point. We both got vibranium, let's combine forces to keep the white people from getting it and to keep Talocan hidden. But like Killmonger, he was consumed with vengeance, which I understand. I'm glad he didn't die, I want to see more of him. Never underestimate the rage of a Mexican man. Also, if he showed me his home, gave me a bracelet and a dress, and looked at me like that, I would've burned the world with him.
3. Shuri had a good arc. It made sense.
4. Angela was acting her whole ass off and her death came as a surprise to me. She deserves.
5. Riri was cute.
6. I knew JLD was scheming from the jump.
7. Mexicans roll deep, I've seen it with my own eyes so im glad Coogler reflected that.
8: The Black Panther lives.

Overall, I agree with my beloved @The Mad Titan and give it a 7.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
:dahell:

We live in an era where most people move on from any topic within a couple of days. There's a 48-hr news cycle before the next thing. Look at this thread an you'll see about a week after his death, the discussion turned to "so what are they gonna do about BP?" His death was no longer the topic, only the next move for Marvel. Marvel (Feige) also said whichever way Coogler decided, they would run with it.

The problem isn't just the decision to not recast. The main problem with this movie is that they seem to close the chapter on Wakanda, and cease all future stories. THAT'S why an (eventual) recast was important - to continue stories of T'Challa and Wakanda.

Look at where everyone is at the end of this movie....the main characters and Wakanda as a nation. There won't be a Black Panther anytime soon. They've obviously made the Black Panther of this movie on the outs of everything going on. Out of the next Trinity (Captain Marvel/Spider-Man/Black Panther), they've closed the chapters on 2 of them as a tentpole, one being replaced with Strange, and are spewing out movies of the lone remainder as quickly as they can.

There's prob 7-8 years before the next BP movie. Most of y'all ain't even comicbook fans, so as it fizzles out, y'all won't care by then, and y'all will be in a different age bracket to care.

• Sad
Reactions: QBN

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Spoilers

Letitia Wright
  • Shuri - She did her thing. She was a superstar in the movie. I felt she had her best performance thus far but I heard she got a movie with Sky where she's excellent as well.
Lupita Nyong'o

Lupita Nyong'o - IMDb
Lupita Nyong'o
  • Nakia - I didn't find her character relevant until the end when she was. She and Ross were necessary fillers. Nothing more, nothing less.
Danai Gurira

Danai Gurira - IMDb
Danai Gurira
  • Okoye - Other than the LAST scene, she was the most critical character aside from Angela and Letitia's roles. She was definitely a star in this movie.
Winston Duke

Winston Duke - IMDb
Winston Duke
  • M'Baku - He carried the male energy well in this movie. He was definitely more critical in this movie than 1. Without his impact, I actually think this movie would be at the same level as 1 or worse. I wasn't one of those who thought 1 was a GOAT movie, I just felt it was iconic. This movie is a better overall movie.
Angela Bassett

Angela Bassett - IMDb
Angela Bassett
  • Ramonda - She was on some Oscar shyt but yeah. I do think she made her own decision for different reasons.
Tenoch Huerta

Tenoch Huerta - IMDb
Tenoch Huerta
  • Namor
  • (as Tenoch Huerta Mejía) - He was really damn good. Really made his character critical and you got a Joker like energy from him. A superstar of the movie.
Martin Freeman

Martin Freeman - IMDb
Martin Freeman
  • Everett Ross - Needed Filler is still just a filler like he was in 1.
Dominique Thorne

Dominique Thorne - IMDb
Dominique Thorne
  • Riri - I liked her more than most. I felt like it was Black girl magic added to this movie. I liked it. I think she did well as Ironheart.
Florence Kasumba

Florence Kasumba - IMDb
Florence Kasumba
  • Ayo - A tremendous soldier, just does her job.
Michaela Coel

Michaela Coel - IMDb
Michaela Coel
  • Aneka - Outside of her last scene, I really enjoyed Michaela's impact. Don't know why they got to do the two Igbo-named sistas like this.
Alex Livinalli

Alex Livinalli - IMDb
Alex Livinalli
  • Attuma - He was really good. Matched Okoye's impact. Did well.
Mabel Cadena

Mabel Cadena - IMDb
Mabel Cadena
  • Namora - She was tremendous. Nothing else to say.
Isaach De Bankolé

Isaach De Bankolé - IMDb
Isaach De Bankolé
Danny Sapani

Danny Sapani - IMDb
Danny Sapani

Dorothy Steel - IMDb
Dorothy Steel
Zainab Jah

Zainab Jah - IMDb
Zainab Jah
Sope Aluko

Sope Aluko - IMDb
Sope Aluko
Connie Chiume

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0158448/?ref_=tt_cl_i_18
Connie Chiume

• Director
    • Ryan Coogler - Wrote a great script. Was moreso of a tribute to my guy. I do think we could have had more action scenes but the ones we had were really really good. It was more of a gloomy movie, not the feel good, you proud to be Black movie that 1 was. This movie felt conflicted. You had the tribal war against two indigenous tribes. Why are we fighting it felt like it, and it just felt like Black African shyt. It kinda hurt a bit, like we can see each other with love than it's war and we are at each other necks when we ain't each other's enemy. The movie kept showing us who is the real enemy but we fought among ourselves. Damn!
This is better than 1 but it's real, how can I say it, real. Real African shyt! The other one was some roo-rah African shyt even with division. It was still all love. This wasn't that. It felt like we was gonna kill each other, no turning back shyt.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Although I didn't enjoy it as much as Black Panther 1 off rip it was still a really good movie. It felt long but everything also felt necessary.

Angela Bassett absolutely killed it, she was a force. Namor was a really well rounded antagonist and when the fight scenes happened they were on point.

They handle Chad's death well in my opinion, was definitely somber and hit the right notes.

Solid 7.5-8/10 to me.

Daps
I really didnt like seeing a dead Black body in a movie already consumed with Black death.

Deaths have always happened in Marvel.

Did you say anything when Thor's dad, best friends and most of his people were wiped out in Ragnorak?

Or when his brother and mother were killed?

Or when Tony Stark and Black Widow died within 25 minutes of each other?

You internet militants be sounding like idiots. :mjtf:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y’all are hard headed af. There will be Black Panther installments in the future. As others have said before this should be considered more of an in between film and transformed as a film that is a tribute to Chadwick but for the films purposes to tchalla. The crazy thing is in a decade or so when the other black panther movies come out, the complaints here are going to fade away. If you watch the mid credit scene, you know where they are going. So everything y’all complaining about is going to look stupid in hindsight because it will be one just film out of the series that will be in continuity with future black Panther films and avengers storylines. I get it some people can’t look ahead and want what they want now. There will be a lot of revisionist history about how good of a film it was in the coming years when the other films come out. Just be patient and enjoy this film as it is not what you wished it to be.

For the record I thought this was a beautiful film especially considering the odds they had to face to get a halfway decent Marvel movie. They were working handicapped and still made a film that is comparable to some of Marvels best. If anything, this struggles that went into this movie and it still came out pretty good is an indicator that the writing team and actors on the other Marvel films need to step up.
Are they hiring at Marvel?

Put me on breh:pachaha: