Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's frustrating as hell.

I remember reading something like the actors saying they wouldn't do the movie if they recast t'challa. It was a short sighted position as they've thrown a wrench in the BP universe growing. It would have been better for chadwick's legacy if they recast the role and built upon his work, and gave a % amount from all future sales to his family or a cancer/well charity in his name.
It really needed those hardnosed jew execs who bush'd scarlo to make that cold :birdman:move and fire anyone dissenting.
Time heals all wounds. Maybe now they might feel different

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Saw this came out, whats the word did they get a new black panther? Watched trailer and they have him die in movie also?

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Some of you dudes need to live in the real world for a second. Chadwick died, in real life, after the first movie. Recasting him as someone else is fukking crazy. That’s not how reality works.
fukk that dumb shyt. He was playing a character that was created decades ago, Chadwick was not Black Panther. Recasting the ROLE was the right decision and because some people cant get out of their feelings they fukked everything up.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
It actually is apples to apples for the simple fact the multi channel establishment of the character is being hindered.

It's frustrating as hell.

I remember reading something like the actors saying they wouldn't do the movie if they recast t'challa. It was a short sighted position as they've thrown a wrench in the BP universe growing. It would have been better for chadwick's legacy if they recast the role and built upon his work, and gave a % amount from all future sales to his family or a cancer/well charity in his name.
It really needed those hardnosed jew execs who bush'd scarlo to make that cold :birdman:move and fire anyone dissenting.
Yeah cause if I remember correctly they were setting up TChalla to takeover as a leader of the Avengers. Nobody is buying Shuri being a leader of the Avengers. I can see how this move has thrown a wrench in a lot of plans

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah cause if I remember correctly they were setting up TChalla to takeover as a leader of the Avengers. Nobody is buying Shuri being a leader of the Avengers. I can see how this move has thrown a wrench in a lot of plans
I think they rushed into this. There was originally talks of a Wakanda Disney Plus show and many felt like this movie could have been that.

IMO
Disney Plus show with:
1- Have T’Challa go out in a blaze of glory taking on a cosmic threat that invaded Wakanda
2- the show focuses in coping with the loss od a king plus the world seeing Wakanda is vulnerable
3. End the show with an Incursion fall out from Multi Verse of Madness and an alternate universe T’Challa faling through

That way Chadwick is laid to rest as a Hero, the new T’Challa is already battle tested and the next movie he more so earns the heart of the Wakandans of that Universe by defeating who ever the villain is of that movie.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
shyt just read thru some of last few pages tryna avoid spoilers.. They really dont have someone playing Black panther with a movie named black panther?! :mjcry:

Would they have a spiderman/superman/batman movie without the main character? WTF?! We finally get a lead role character and they kill him in his own movie?! I understand Chadwick died (RIP) but dude didnt have monopoly on role, this is not a side character, the Movie is based on him! Named after Him! What do you even do without the named character?!

:heh:

Thought they was gonna figure something out, this is kinda wild really.. People co sign this for real

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
shyt just read thru some of last few pages tryna avoid spoilers.. They really dont have someone playing Black panther with a movie named black panther?! :mjcry:

Would they have a spiderman/superman/batman movie without the main character? WTF?! We finally get a lead role character and they kill him in his own movie?! I understand Chadwick died (RIP) but dude didnt have monopoly on role, this is not a side character, the Movie is based on him! Named after Him! What do you even do without the named character?!

:heh:

Thought they was gonna figure something out, this is kinda wild really.. People co sign this for real
Honestly the nikkas defending this dont run multinational corporations for a reason lmfao

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
fukk that dumb shyt. He was playing a character that was created decades ago, Chadwick was not Black Panther. Recasting the ROLE was the right decision and because some people cant get out of their feelings they fukked everything up.
Yeah, in a comic book.

This is real life. We watch movies and associate actors with characters. Analogizing this to a comic book or cartoon is childish.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Yeah, in a comic book.

This is real life. We watch movies and associate actors with characters. Analogizing this to a comic book or cartoon is childish.
How many times have Marvel recasted characters because they had issues with the actors for some other reason? The association to the actors did not matter then, why now? It is a fukking business, not some small city production. If it was a good movie no one would of cared about the recast, but now bytch ass nikkas in their feelings fukked over what was supposed to be a strong black male role in a franchise that had few to none.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
At theater now with the wife

Are their any after credits scenes

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Some of you dudes need to live in the real world for a second. Chadwick died, in real life, after the first movie. Recasting him as someone else is fukking crazy. That’s not how reality works.
Happened with Spartacus