Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The reading comprehension in this thread is astoundingly terrible...

Dude did not say WF is as bad as WM84...

He clearly said WF is to BP what WM84 is to its predecessor...

All reviews have been on the same page, WF is not in the same league as BP...

Tyrone Magnus said he fell asleep during this shyt...
Your first mistake was referencing Tyrone Mangus.

And did you not see he said 90% of the movie was incomprehensible garbage? WW84 has a 58% on RT. Wakanda Forever has 85.

Not that its the end all be all, but most critics arent saying the drop in quality from the 1st to the 2nd is that significant (compared to Wonder Woman)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
If you wanna see more of the bold in your post.

Then your side better speak up more loudly on the subject and in this thread alone you’re by yourself with that :russ:

It’s a race to be the most vocal and all I can say is good luck to you in that my G:skip:
am i the only one who liked it? :mjcry::russ:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I understand where you’re coming from. That is why it was such a damned if you do damned if you don’t type situation. I can’t fault them on how they wanted to do this movie because of the real life implications of how they should go about this. Some will see it as I’m sounding a bit too dramatic here but none of us really know the pain they had to go through to put a movie out that would please everyone while staying on course with the Black Panther character.

Understandable. When I say that it was too much, I say that because it seems that whenever the movie started to lag, and even if you liked it, you have to admit that, they would come back to Chad's passing...as a way to bring you back emotionally, when nothing else was going on. That time could've been used on other character development in pushing the plot forward.

Honestly, IMO, they should've just had him mysteriously missing, and perhaps perceived dead, so they honor him because ultimately, he's gone and it's been a year with no word...not even from Avengers about his whereabouts. And THEN named a character after him (Chadwick) or a building or grant or something, and do montages at the beginning and end, instead of keeping boomerang the point that Chad is gone too soon. But him being gone is affecting people in Wakanda in different ways due to the some thinking him dead, Wakanda being threatened because their protector is gone, some believing he's abandoned them, and some keeping hope that he will return. It allows them to follow some of the same beats already presented, but not final. This way, they don't entirely seal off the character for the immediate future. There's a great movie somewhere in there verses what was shown, but at times, they leaned heavy one way or the other. You can tell this had several rewrites on the fly.

Namor - his angle made sense, however, within his own movie he flip flopped so much to the point that it started not too. Not too mention, his initial reaction was dumb. The more I think about it, the dumber it gets.
Riri was a macguffin. If people thought Miss America was bad being a macguffin, it's amplified with Riri. she definitely wasn't needed
Ross wasn't needed. All of his scenes could've been cut.
Okoye was dropped halfway through the movie, and they didn't give Ayo enough to do. How the hell did she have a smaller part than Aneka?
Shuri - the gripes that everyone had are still valid, because even in the movie they failed to address that part. Letitia did her thing, but there still needs to be a narrative for her to become what she became.
M'Baku also didn't have enough to do.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's already talks of a 3rd, but I don't see it happening in the next 2-3 years. Maybe mid-late Phase 6 at the earliest. Even if this film was a masterpiece(haven't seen it yet, will in a few hours ), I think they should let Coogler go. These are the only films he has made in the last 5 years, he needs to get away or break from the Marvel machine.

The 3rd film whenever it is, needs to reel it back. The film series going forward, needs to be focused on and driven by it's lead character. No more ensemble pieces and spotlight on unnecessary characters and subplots.
Well BP2 was fully written until Chadwick passed. They essentially had to start from scratch again. You know how hard that is? Plus everyone there and Chadwick gone. The energy hits different

Daps
Im so proud and happy for Letitia Wright. We not gonna sit here and act like a huge section of MCU fans werent trying to get that woman the fukk up outta here for her vaccination views....Nah, my sis showed up, showed out and CARRIED the final act of the movie. Also Angela Bassett had the best acting Ive ever seen in an MCU movie. Namor was good but he wasnt doing it for me as a villain the way Killmonger did UNTIL a certain moment in the movie, which I think is one of the cruelest things Ive ever seen in an MCU movie and opens Ryan Coogler up to some criticism about the persistence of Black trauma in his work.
As for the movie itself, I feel like 10 minutes couldve been cut and it wouldve been better for it, and mainly those cuts shouldve erased Agent Ross, his boss and Aneka and giving Mbaku more time. Like, I REALLY enjoyed Shuri's one on one conversations with Mbaku, his big brother energy was NEEDED in this movie and there wasnt enough of it. I felt OVERWHELMED and conflicted leaving the theater last night, you DEFINITELY need some time to process everything they throw at you in this movie. Ill need to see it again, but my out of the theater reaction is that its not better as a film than BP1 but it's a LOT more ambitious, messier and takes more risks, and for that I applaud it. Also, the most exilerating moment of the movie comes from a cameo appearance in the last 3rd. Like, I wanna watch that scene 10x over.

Nicca, trauma has been in several marvel movies of late. Why would Ryan have to be criticized for that? You sound crazy. :mjtf:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Your first mistake was referencing Tyrone Mangus.

And did you not see he said 90% of the movie was incomprehensible garbage? WW84 has a 58% on RT. Wakanda Forever has 85.

Not that its the end all be all, but most critics arent saying the drop in quality from the 1st to the 2nd is that significant (compared to Wonder Woman)
What's wrong with TM? :childplease:

incomprehensible garbage does not = the movie is as bad as WM84

Case and point, in his opinion, WM84 may be worse than incomprehensible garbage...

You may disagree with the extent of the quality drop, but there is no disputing this film is not in the same league as BP...

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
they’ll probably use the quantum realm to speed up his aging. I’m guessing he’ll be an adult by the time Secret Wars comes out.

Ideally
his coming of age should be done via a Disney+ Series, with Secret Wars being when he proves himself as BP and being the MVP. The issue though is a real leader aint gonna have the wisdom needed until their 30s earliest lol and the nikka is 5 yrs old right now. They'd pretty much have to make him come of age as a teen to 20s during the current phase, and have him be in his 30s post this Kang stuff, when they intro X Men and Dr Doom.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Understandable. When I say that it was too much, I say that because it seems that whenever the movie started to lag, and even if you liked it, you have to admit that, they would come back to Chad's passing...as a way to bring you back emotionally, when nothing else was going on. That time could've been used on other character development in pushing the plot forward.

Honestly, IMO, they should've just had him mysteriously missing, and perhaps perceived dead, so they honor him because ultimately, he's gone and it's been a year with no word...not even from Avengers about his whereabouts. And THEN named a character after him (Chadwick) or a building or grant or something, and do montages at the beginning and end, instead of keeping boomerang the point that Chad is gone too soon. But him being gone is affecting people in Wakanda in different ways due to the some thinking him dead, Wakanda being threatened because their protector is gone, some believing he's abandoned them, and some keeping hope that he will return. It allows them to follow some of the same beats already presented, but not final. This way, they don't entirely seal off the character for the immediate future. There's a great movie somewhere in there verses what was shown, but at times, they leaned heavy one way or the other. You can tell this had several rewrites on the fly.

Namor - his angle made sense, however, within his own movie he flip flopped so much to the point that it started not too. Not too mention, his initial reaction was dumb. The more I think about it, the dumber it gets.
Riri was a macguffin. If people thought Miss America was bad being a macguffin, it's amplified with Riri. she definitely wasn't needed
Okoye was dropped halfway through the movie, and they didn't give Ayo enough to do. How the hell did she have a smaller part than Aneka?
Shuri - the gripes that everyone had are still valid, because even in the movie they failed to address that part. Letitia did her thing, but there still needs to be a narrative for her to become what she became.
Hmm, I agree with your points. To be honest, I took this movie at face value because of what Ryan had to do in order to make it respectable not only for Chadwick, his cast mates whom knew him well and the audience whom are anticipating this movie. I sincerely believe that they wouldn’t put this movie out if they didn’t believe it would be something that they could be proud of and at peace with.

It was simply a tall order to begin with. Still, this movie can’t be free from criticism and your points do make a lot of sense. I believe that the next BP movie, they’ll be able to fully focus on the Black Panther character due to the heavy emotional weight being lifted from their shoulders.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Movie would have had to be like 4 hours and change for them to really nail everything they needed in one movie.
Also if it was rated R I think some things with pain and loss could have been expressed a bit better.
The Namor flip-flopping was super annoying to me, more so because I thought he actually did a great job nailing the character only for him to go from super passionate to :patrice: to :demonic: and back again. Like you said he basically starts off as a villain or "anti villain" and never really slides into the anti hero role and his reason for doing so was pretty whack. Complete over reaction, if they had shown him actually watching humans over centuries himself and coming to that conclusion then I could rock with it a bit more.