TPBtkIW.gif

xdx3gVU.gif

UKVu0t8.gif

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
In doing it the way they did, I think this franchise is pretty much dead. There's very little chance they move forward with this world, and definitely not any time soon. They've taken everything out of Wakanda.
Vibes I was getting with this. Because it's clear Shuri ain't really built to be a BP. At least not enough to carry a whole movie herself like TChalla or even to have the chemistry to fit in an Avengers squad. So now with the son you're looking at at least 10 years in MCU world before he would even be "ready". I feel like they'll have to put this franchise on ice for a bit

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
The Character has been around since the 1960s, IP literally transcends generations. Its like killing off Superman after Christopher Reeves dies even thiugh Clark Kent existed before and after the actor.
Only for comic book heads. This is still a brand new character that was JUST introduced for the first time and only 4 years old in the minds of majority of the movie watching audience. Those IPs like Batman, Superman, Spiderman have long established histories so it's expected to see different actors play the roles every couple years. It's really not apples to apples

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Only for comic book heads. This is still a brand new character that was JUST introduced for the first time and only 4 years old in the minds of majority of the movie watching audience. Those IPs like Batman, Superman, Spiderman have long established histories so it's expected to see different actors play the roles every couple years. It's really not apples to apples
Yeah this is true

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
It actually is apples to apples for the simple fact the multi channel establishment of the character is being hindered.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Some thoughts now that I’ve slept on it

- Ross and Val were not needed at all. At all. I could’ve maybe understood a Ross cameo when they trying to find out who the scientist was, but everything after seemed forced.
- M’Baku should’ve had a larger role
- Angela Bassett was in her bag bag. If she became the first person to get an Oscar nom for an MCU flick I wouldn’t even be mad.
- Talokan looked so dope and Namor was a co-MVP of this movie alongside Ramonda. I’m really excited to see what they do with them going forward
- The freeway fight was the best one in the movie
- Riri is catching a lot of flack and I completely see why people feel like she may not have been necessary for this film. But that said, I thought she initially was a good change of pace when she was brought in to make the film more upbeat instead of somber, my theater seemed to respond really well to her :manny: But in the final act, it seemed like more of a promo for her D+ show than her being in it to advance the movie
- Killmonger being in the ancestral plane caught me off guard like shyt :wow: A lot of MCU pop ups don’t surprise me bc of all the spoilers & leaks, but that’s up there with Red Skull’s cameo in Endgame for me
- Being completely honest, it was hard for me to take Shuri serious as a fighter, I really had to suspend my disbelief, relatively speaking. But I understand they were in a tough spot.
I think Shuri probably did a little bit of training but clearly nowhere near TChalla obviously. I guess it's somewhat believable she would stand a chance against a centuries old fighter like him if he's already weakened by the time they get to the desert?:pachaha:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
how long before they make his son BP?

is it just a tease for something that prob won't happen, or happen when I'm like 80 years old?

On the one hand, that'd be dope to see...on the other hand, if they immediately made his son (aged up) BP and skip over Shuri being BP, that's suck
Like other breh said they will probably put this franchise on ice. No way he could become BP without replacing all the other actors. We talking like damn near 15 years age gap at least

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Even though I think most folks that I saw it with liked it the only applause the movie got in the theater (mostly by screaming Black women) was when T'Challa Jr. was introduced:pachaha:
I definitely geeked out when ya man Usman was about to bite that nikkas head off in the royal palace

Props on this ISPOILER tag . Didn't even know it existed :mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like other breh said they will probably put this franchise on ice. No way he could become BP without replacing all the other actors. We talking like damn near 15 years age gap at least

Might be a while before we get another BP movie, but I’m sure we’ll see Wakanda itself and some of the other characters in projects.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Well BP2 was fully written until Chadwick passed. They essentially had to start from scratch again. You know how hard that is? Plus everyone there and Chadwick gone. The energy hits different
Especially with the suddenness of it all I have to imagine it was incredibly difficult to rewrite in quick fashion and maintain the same energy, chemistry, all the while making sure you pay tribute to Chadwick too.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
It's frustrating as hell.

I remember reading something like the actors saying they wouldn't do the movie if they recast t'challa. It was a short sighted position as they've thrown a wrench in the BP universe growing. It would have been better for chadwick's legacy if they recast the role and built upon his work, and gave a % amount from all future sales to his family or a cancer/well charity in his name.
It really needed those hardnosed jew execs who bush'd scarlo to make that cold :birdman:move and fire anyone dissenting.