SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Some thoughts now that I’ve slept on it

- Ross and Val were not needed at all. At all. I could’ve maybe understood a Ross cameo when they trying to find out who the scientist was, but everything after seemed forced.
- M’Baku should’ve had a larger role
- Angela Bassett was in her bag bag. If she became the first person to get an Oscar nom for an MCU flick I wouldn’t even be mad.
- Talokan looked so dope and Namor was a co-MVP of this movie alongside Ramonda. I’m really excited to see what they do with them going forward
- The freeway fight was the best one in the movie
- Riri is catching a lot of flack and I completely see why people feel like she may not have been necessary for this film. But that said, I thought she initially was a good change of pace when she was brought in to make the film more upbeat instead of somber, my theater seemed to respond really well to her :manny: But in the final act, it seemed like more of a promo for her D+ show than her being in it to advance the movie
- Killmonger being in the ancestral plane caught me off guard like shyt :wow: A lot of MCU pop ups don’t surprise me bc of all the spoilers & leaks, but that’s up there with Red Skull’s cameo in Endgame for me
- Being completely honest, it was hard for me to take Shuri serious as a fighter, I really had to suspend my disbelief, relatively speaking. But I understand they were in a tough spot.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The movie Black Panther is bigger than another MCU title, not the actor. The actor doesn't take precedent over the movie or the role (which is the biggest talking point here). If you value what the actor brought forth in the character, how does pushing the character and world not hold primary focus? There are numerous ways to honor someone in the movie without detracting from the movie. And this movie definitely suffers. Hell, even the reviewers that like it all say the same thing about the runtime (and Riri). . If that wasn't the case, then why even bother with a Black Panther movie at all? Even though, they kind of did, since there's maybe 3-5 minutes of Black Panther on screen.

In doing it the way they did, I think this franchise is pretty much dead. There's very little chance they move forward with this world, and definitely not any time soon. They've taken everything out of Wakanda.
The bolded is how I left feeling and I think subconsciously a lot of people feel like this but don't understand what it is they are feeling when they leave feeling kinda empty.

BP 1&2 are powerful. But it basically sucked the life out of the movie franchise as it is. Some of the best parts of BP have been used, lost and or killed in 2 movies.

It needs a secret wars hard reset or massive time jump.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The bolded is how I left feeling and I think subconsciously a lot of people feel like this but don't understand what it is they are feeling when they leave feeling kinda empty.

BP 1&2 are powerful. But it basically sucked the life out of the movie franchise as it is. Some of the best parts of BP have been used, lost and or killed in 2 movies.

It needs a secret wars hard reset or massive time jump.
Yeah if they rob us of T’challa interacting with Doom man

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah, that got the most applause in my theater

I didn't like her scenes in it as well (not to mention she's looking real :flabbynsick: ), but it seems that report about the project with her leading the US against Wakanda is true so they had to build it.

Damn, didn’t hear about that. Hope it’s not true, they’d be beating a dead horse with the invasion angle. Also sounds real :mjpls:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
It was ok.

My pre-movie doubts were true, t'challa should have been recast with a pre-movie tribute to chadwick (great man). The series is as good as dead now.

James Bond wouldn't have been killed off if his previous actor died.

I'm amazed how well angela bassett looks. She's still toned as hell for a woman.