Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I thought a few of the fight scenes actually had real weight to them. Attuma Vs. Okoye Rd1 and Shuri Vs. Namor were IMO both really solid fights. Namor and Shuri were legit beating the shyt out of each other. I thought they nailed Namors personality perfectly even showing that he fights with unmatched fury.

The first fight on the bridge was decent.....

Namor/shuri didn't have the right choreography or sound effects to feel the weight of them 2

He threw a punch and they left took the sound out...I was like wtf

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Oh yeah, I think the movie leaned too much toward honoring Chadwick rather than T'Challa. The first couple of times were about the character of T'Challa, but the rest were clearly about Chadwick. It became overkill - "let us not forget Chadwick has left us."

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Coogler deserves major props for balancing the somber moments with the MCU world building. Movie looked stunning on a 4K screen and the score was fantastic. The performances were all great but Angela was AMAZING in this. Ramonda was the MVP of this one.

Only thing I didn’t really like was
Valentina and Ross being in this. Movie lulled for me when they were on screen, could have been completely removed.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Oh yeah, I think the movie leaned too much toward honoring Chadwick rather than T'Challa. The first couple of times were about the character of T'Challa, but the rest were clearly about Chadwick. It became overkill - "let us not forget Chadwick has left us."

But you really can’t help that in my opinion because this was much bigger than T’Challa the character. I can only imagine how hard it was to do this movie, especially since none of the cast even knew what he was battling before he passed away. That is what makes it so hard. To know that he was suffering internally but yet still going strong.

I don’t blame them one bit for “over honoring” Chadwick as the movie in my opinion is much bigger than just another MCU title.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
But you really can’t help that in my opinion because this was much bigger than T’Challa the character. I can only imagine how hard it was to do this movie, especially since none of the cast even knew what he was battling before he passed away. That is what makes it so hard. To know that he was suffering internally but yet still going strong.

I don’t blame them one bit for “over honoring” Chadwick as the movie in my opinion is much bigger than just another MCU title.
Lmfao Jesus Christ

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
the "MARVEL STUDIOS" opening :mjcry: it was lovely

:mjlol: Wakandans fighting Avatar motherfukkers

Ironheart and Shuri as BP was dope...they shouldn't have ruined the surprise of Shuri in the trailer. (it was a given, sure but still)

scenes at the college was :russ:

Shuri seeing Killmonger...:ohhh: and the way he broke it down, made sense.

Even back then, I agreed with his reasoning, despite his methods

so are we gonna get Wakanda/Taloken (whatever its called) vs the US/greater MCU? Like Namor speculates?

Overall I liked BP 1 a little more, but this was pretty good

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

The movie Black Panther is bigger than another MCU title, not the actor. The actor doesn't take precedent over the movie or the role (which is the biggest talking point here). If you value what the actor brought forth in the character, how does pushing the character and world not hold primary focus? There are numerous ways to honor someone in the movie without detracting from the movie. And this movie definitely suffers. Hell, even the reviewers that like it all say the same thing about the runtime (and Riri). . If that wasn't the case, then why even bother with a Black Panther movie at all? Even though, they kind of did, since there's maybe 3-5 minutes of Black Panther on screen.

In doing it the way they did, I think this franchise is pretty much dead. There's very little chance they move forward with this world, and definitely not any time soon. They've taken everything out of Wakanda.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The movie Black Panther is bigger than another MCU title, not the actor. The actor doesn't take precedent over the movie or the role (which is the biggest talking point here). If you value what the actor brought forth in the character, how does pushing the character and world not hold primary focus? There are numerous ways to honor someone in the movie without detracting from the movie. And this movie definitely suffers. Hell, even the reviewers that like it all say the same thing about the runtime (and Riri). . If that wasn't the case, then why even bother with a Black Panther movie at all? Even though, they kind of did, since there's maybe 3-5 minutes of Black Panther on screen.

In doing it the way they did, I think this franchise is pretty much dead. There's very little chance they move forward with this world, and definitely not any time soon. They've taken everything out of Wakanda.

One thing i agree with the reviewers is the way they remove Tchalla was pretty tasteless.

Have him go out in a blaze of glory in some kinda intergalactic battle where he sacrifices himself (like an incursion he stops from consuming Wakanda) vs literally doing the real life thing.

Honestly this all shows folks simply dont care about the Character, which is fine but at least admit it vs all these soso def remix responses that dont make sense. The Character has been around since the 1960s, IP literally transcends generations. Its like killing off Superman after Christopher Reeves dies even thiugh Clark Kent existed before and after the actor.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Killmonger scene caught me off guard, I loved it

Glad they kept that surprise under wraps.
Yeah, that got the most applause in my theater
Coogler deserves major props for balancing the somber moments with the MCU world building. Movie looked stunning on a 4K screen and the score was fantastic. The performances were all great but Angela was AMAZING in this. Ramonda was the MVP of this one.

Only thing I didn’t really like was
Valentina and Ross being in this. Movie lulled for me when they were on screen, could have been completely removed.
I didn't like her scenes in it as well (not to mention she's looking real :flabbynsick: ), but it seems that report about the project with her leading the US against Wakanda is true so they had to build it.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan

I understand where you’re coming from. That is why it was such a damned if you do damned if you don’t type situation. I can’t fault them on how they wanted to do this movie because of the real life implications of how they should go about this. Some will see it as I’m sounding a bit too dramatic here but none of us really know the pain they had to go through to put a movie out that would please everyone while staying on course with the Black Panther character.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah the soundtrack was on point, Ludwig doesn't miss.

The opening scene and remixed marvel studios opening was perfect. You could hear a pin drop in the movie theater I was in and it was full of people.

Imo that should have been it for chadwhick it was perfectly executed.:mjcry:

There is another scene in the movie were they do a moment of silence type sound effect and it was the same deal.... Dead respectful silence.

Some of the typical vocal tracks towards the end I could have done without tho.