VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Black boys have hundreds of actual real Black male role models not fictional characters.

Their dads, uncles, etc...? Yeah that's not working too well.

Cacs have action heroes everywhere in cinema and tv. Black people publicly have...... rappers, musicians, and athletes.

And Coogler doesn't even get the significance of what he has. He controls the only example in the media of a Black franchise where Black people are completely in charge and not subject to anyone. :wow:

Which cacs have with virtually all other movies and tv shows: Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, every doctor show, sci fi show, etc....

And I recall from when the first Black Panther came out some breh went to a theater and saw the carboard cutouts of the characters and wondering aloud:

Is this what's it's like for white people all the time? :gladbron:

Yes it is. They get to view themselves represented everywhere all the time in every conceivable role. Which boosts their egos to stratospheric levels.

So Black kids need the same representation and if Coogler wants to mess this up and run it into the ground then someone else needs to push straight Black male representation in cinema and tv shows.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Cacs have action heroes everywhere in cinema and tv. Black people publicly have...... rappers, musicians, and athletes.

And Coogler doesn't even get the significance of what he has. He controls the only example in the media of a Black franchise where Black people are completely in charge and not subject to anyone. :wow:

Which cacs have with virtually all other movies and tv shows: Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, House of Cards, every doctor show, sci fi show, etc....

And I recall from when the first Black Panther came out some breh went to a theater and saw the carboard cutouts of the characters and wondering aloud:

Yes it is. They get to view themselves represented everywhere all the time in every conceivable role. Which boosts their egos to stratospheric levels.

So Black kids need the same representation and if Coogler wants to mess this up and run it into the ground then someone else needs to push straight Black male representation in cinema and tv shows.

i used to be one of those cats that minimized the impact of media on kids, but when you look at American culture, Media depictions are CRUCIAL to the development of children. Even if you pull some 'my kids won't watch tv" shyt, well guess what when they leave your crib the flood gates open and they won't be prepared.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah thats my thing, Black boys DO NEED positive images, I was in the gym and seen a BP commercial with Riri and all black girls, which is fine but Jesus I never see shyt like this for black boys. So the shyt damn near has dudes censoring themselves on what Black boys need just for the fear of racist trying to ride us to shyt on their opps.
Man SO the fukk WHAT

There's this mental space that has become more prevalent in internet discourse where nikkas censor themselves or bite their tongues because they're afraid they'll look like they disagree with an opp

Black men got this shyt the WORST:snoop:

A nikka could hate pop tarts and will say shyt like "Well I actually hate pop tarts with my entire soul but Ben Shapiro hates pop tarts and I don't wanna look like I agree with that cac"

If you fukkin hate pop tarts say you FUKKIN HATE POP TARTS:what: I don't think nikkas realize how weak it makes someone, especially a man, look to be afraid to have an opinion for fear of being accused of agreeing with opps

One of the reasons black men get shamed and henpecked so much is because at this point the entire world knows that shyt WORKS. They know black men tend to be overly reasonable and afraid to say shyt with their chest and will back down before long

Quit being afraid to say the sky is blue just because someone else says it

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No you see, that would require a minuscule amount of parenting. Blasphemy really.
This Is not as black and white as y'all like to make it

Like it or not you share your child with media. Good parenting can only do so much, and usually that parenting ain't as good as some parents want to think it is

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Man SO the fukk WHAT

There's this mental space that has become more prevalent in internet discourse where nikkas censor themselves or bite their tongues because they're afraid they'll look like they disagree with an opp

Black men got this shyt the WORST:snoop:

A nikka could hate pop tarts and will say shyt like "Well I actually hate pop tarts with my entire soul but Ben Shapiro hates pop tarts and I don't wanna look like I agree with that cac"

If you fukkin hate pop tarts say you FUKKIN HATE POP TARTS:what: I don't think nikkas realize how weak it makes someone, especially a man, look to be afraid to have an opinion for fear of being accused of agreeing with opps

One of the reasons black men get shamed and henpecked so much is because at this point the entire world knows that shyt WORKS. They know black men tend to be overly reasonable and afraid to say shyt with their chest and will back down before long

Quit being afraid to say the sky is blue just because someone else says it

Breh I been one of the main nikkas on this site standing up for Black Men
:mjtf:

before this shyt was cool

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
nikka calling folks expressing their thoughts = whining is some hoe shyt. Take that bullshyt to TLR

Just earlier today you were accusing nikkas that didn't agree with your opinion of being on someone's payroll. But it's different when it's your opinion.

Make it make sense.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh I been one of the main nikkas on this site standing up for Black Men

before this shyt was cool
I'm not singling you out personally but your post bought that line of thinking to mind because I see it OFTEN

That being afraid to have a public opinion because a cac may have the same opinion shyt ain't it, and black men fold to that pressure too much

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
This Is not as black and white as y'all like to make it

Like it or not you share your child with media. Good parenting can only do so much, and usually that parenting ain't as good as some parents want to think it is

Nithing is ever black and white but a strong male presence IRL supercedes any disney movie end of

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Coogler did what he wanted to because he got that clout he didn't want to recast and ignored your concerns. lol
I'm sure you will see it anyway. So will I.