AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
nah we have a right to voice our concerns and choose to see/not see the film.

This is a discussion forum and we are discussing our thoughts. You can't invalidate how people take things because when it's your time to feel some kinda way about something you would feel some time a way and black men have been "shutting up and holding our thoughts to ourselves" for far too long.
No one said you didn't have the right just saying strategy wise you should refrain.
I don't discuss EVERYTHING I'm thinking on here. Some things are better left unsaid.
I disagree, keeping your intentions unknown is advantageous. See The Spook That Sat By The Door. Move strategically.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
No one said you didn't have the right just saying strategy wise you should refrain.
I don't discuss EVERYTHING I'm thinking on here. Some things are better left unsaid.
I disagree, keeping your intentions unknown is advantageous. See The Spook That Sat By The Door. Move strategically.

Here's the thing, we aren't talking about this place at work, we are talking about it on an anonymous message board in a thread meant for talking about the film.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Nerdrotic, Chris Gore, Critical Drinker are the biggest offenders always popping up in my youtube algorithm. Can't make them happy for shyt.
Chris Gore be dikk riding the "Anti-Woke" shyt just to get clicks on his channel. Which doesnt generate much.

I saw on twitter this dude has a black writer that wrote this years ago.

Case in point: People (racist comic nerds) are quick to point out characters like Falcon or War Machine when trying to make their point about diversity. These two characters (though I’m a fan of) are basically there to make Cap and Iron Man look good. They are not the hero of their film. They are not saving the day and getting the girl. Those who bring up these characters know this and pretend to plead ignorance to this fact.

T’Challa is not only the hero, he is a king, a warrior, and most important, he is a good man! He’s surrounded by strong, intelligent, brave Black women who weren’t interchangeable or there to just be love interests! It’s the movie young Black boys and girls can watch and see themselves in positive characters they can aspire to be like!

However he switched up for the grift.

Now if he just doesnt like the new movie thats fine. However, now he's going on about how black boys need to see T'Challa alive this and that.. on channels thats dont give a fukk about black male representation for real, lol

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Sky isn't falling yet. i have faith for a good movie. RT score down to 84% already which means it's probably headed for the 70s but it's not like i see eye to eye with critics..

General audiences we'll find out shortly.

Box office should be huge regardless. here's my prediction. This is one of the most highly anticipated sequels ever. Yes there's people w/ concerns but they still gonna watch.

Opening weekend should get to $190,000,000+ and worldwide i'll say $1,100,000,000. unless the word of mouth is toxic it should get there.
I don't think it reaches a billion

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Chris Gore be dikk riding the "Anti-Woke" shyt just to get clicks on his channel. Which doesnt generate much.

Now if he just doesnt like the new movie thats fine. However, now he's going on about how black boys need to see T'Challa alive this and that.. on channels thats dont give a fukk about black male representation for real, lol

yeah thats my thing, Black boys DO NEED positive images, I was in the gym and seen a BP commercial with Riri and all black girls, which is fine but Jesus I never see shyt like this for black boys. So the shyt damn near has dudes censoring themselves on what Black boys need just for the fear of racist trying to ride us to shyt on their opps.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
yeah thats my thing, Black boys DO NEED positive images, I was in the gym and seen a BP commercial with Riri and all black girls, which is fine but Jesus I never see shyt like this for black boys. So the shyt damn near has dudes censoring themselves on what Black boys need just for the fear of racist trying to ride us to shyt on their opps.
Black boys have hundreds of actual real Black male role models not fictional characters.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection

He pops up for me because I've listened to his takes on the industry in general, and he didn't get into the masculine grandstanding before. But I listened to his BP review and he started talking about black men don't have a reason to see it, which I disagree with. That's some hiding your hand shyt for a white dude to say. I think it's definitely a franchise all black people can take pride in, but it's silly to have a Black Panther film with no T'Challa and this version of Shuri.

T'Challa hasn't completed his arc and Shuri is the MCU "Q". Nor would they pull this with Spider-Man or anyone else who hasn't fulfilled their arc yet. You get Falcon-Captain America because Steve Roger's arc is complete. Tony Stark can pass on because he fulfilled his manifest destiny from the very fiWonderland.

Shame they just cast someone who probably could've filled the shoes for a throwaway role in WonderMan.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Just seen it

We got another classic brehs
I won't go classic but this was a really good film across the board. You can't hide the void of T'Challa and they don't try to, they embrace it and use it as a means of story progression. The action sequences were a huge step up from the original, no complaints there. The soundtrack wasn't on the level of BP1 though.

They've acknowledged Chadwick's passing, now hopefully we can explore whatever options be it the Multiverse or whatever to get a new T'Challa going forward.