VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Breh said Namor felt like a "Mexican Killmonger" :hhh: His review made it sound like a Black trauma film with action sprinkled in between.

Based on the plot that's basically what it is. Because Coogler doesn't understand Wakanda or what it represents. :francis:

And that's what breh in the review video mentioned. Namely that Black trauma is unnecessary to make the story work. Because you can have conflict but to keep losing people to move the plot forward is ridiculous.

Also that's why people aren't as excited for this film despite there being far more action. It's not fun or fulfilling. It's a 2hr30min+ depressing film.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Based on the plot that's basically what it is. Because Coogler doesn't understand Wakanda or what it represents. :francis:

And that's what breh in the review video mentioned. Namely that Black trauma is unnecessary to make the story work. Because you can have conflict but to keep losing people to move the plot forward is ridiculous.

Also that's why people aren't as excited for this film despite there being far more action. It's not fun or fulfilling. It's a 2hr30min+ depressing film.

exactly shyt feels like its going to be draining or I'm just gonna end up annoyed/checked out

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

Just finished seeing this movie…I’ll give my raw thoughts:

This movie felt “heavy” and understandably so. The beginning and the end of the movie evoked a lot of sadness and silence in the theater. It really hits you known that Chadwick is gone. I felt that this movie honored him gracefully and respectfully. You can feel the love and presence that he had on screen with the Black Panther cast.

Although it’s a Marvel movie, it felt much bigger than that. It was really an emotionally driven movie that made you invest in each person’s way of dealing with such a loss. Of course there were some cool and funny moments but the mood and overall tone far outweigh them, at least for me.

Such a bittersweet experience but an experience that I’m glad to witness. This will stick with me for awhile.
How did they explain Shuri being able to fight?

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
I gotta see this shet dawg. 😭
315310056-203032052194299-7219524040734329381-n-webp.jpg

I was gonna do my hair like his but it didn't look right so I settled for this. Another epic fail brehs :mjlol:

tumblr_p61g8anelc1tctq75o2_r1_540.png

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Unpopular opinion but Marvel should of went with either Dr Doom or Galactus as the next big villain instead of Kang. :yeshrug:

Doctor doom the best marvel villian outside of Magneto so ofc they choose something else :ld:

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
I already got my tickets locked and loaded for the 11th. I can already see this going spark an online gender war. Nikka nerds and white nerds are going to coming together like voltron and pan this shyt. I was just listening to review on this this random white dude paraphrasing " Black men that helped drive the first film; their is nothing for them". This is a Disney Plus series for black women (who don't need no man) and their daugthers". :what:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Unpopular opinion but Marvel should of went with either Dr Doom or Galactus as the next big villain instead of Kang. :yeshrug:
Secret Wars is years down the line so we’ll see what’s up. Kang is a pretty big deal even in the comics though so I’m happy he’ll be getting the same treatment on screen.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His review made it sound like a Black trauma film with action sprinkled in between.
You should've seen what time it was when the only lines of dialogue in the trailer were Angela Bassett doing the dramatic black mama's pain yelling

I knew we were being sold tickets to a funeral+ black trauma with superpowers and on top of already being tired of that shyt the fact that it's coming from Disney just feels :francis:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kang in Loki was a old variant that was keeping time in tac not some thanos type villain
I saw the show breh:pachaha:

The events of Loki and Kang'd dialogue implied a return of Kang variants throughout the universe. This was before we found out that phase 4 was gonna be full of these type of pump fake implied connections that don't really lead anywhere

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
crazy thing is I don't even care about this, the first one I went first day and almost went as much @Ziggiy to see it in the theaters'. Now I'll prob just catch it on plex or disney plus

• Dap
Reactions: QBN

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Crazy to see people throwing hissy fits about there not being more Tchalla. Chadwick died! The fukk y'all want them too do? I think this is a tribute and public grieving at the same time.

And they set up for a continuation of the character.
Give the role to another young Black actor. Imagine having no more Bruce Wayne or Peter Parker cuz the actors playing them died. :mjlol:

BP is nothing without T’Challa and Marvel just recasted General Ross after Williams Hurt death too so all of this ”not recasting out of respect” shyt won’t fly anymore.