klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yoooo I’m reading from reviews this shyt might be trash….

I hope that’s not that case. I really want this shyt to work

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I think people need to remind themselves its just a movie, its not the serious

The first BP wasn't some Malcolm X tier display of black excellence in the first place so I don't understand why people are looking to a comic book movie made by disney to be anything but that :dwillhuh:

Unfortunately Chadwick passed so they had to shift, if its some black girl magic shyt my black girl will probably enjoy it. It is what it is.

Some people say this about movies, tv shows and music, but it's false. Entertainment is that serious because it influences how people think about others and themselves.

In fact as I've mentioned before entertainment is more effective than education because people let their guard down around it and view it only as something to entertain them not educate them. But it educates quietly and under the radar.

And Black Panther represented something never before seen in cinema before: Black dominance subject to no one else. :wow:

Which is whatever every other group gets but not Black people.

As for the first Black Panther, Coogler had to know how T'Challa was supposed to be represented: such as being one of the smartest people in the MCU, because he chose not to do that and to give the genius and technical know how to Shuri instead. Why do that? To help Black women? If so, why not do that but also leave T'Challa as one of the smartest as well?

Also he's supposed to be one of the best fighters in the MCU. Which the Russo brothers got right. But Coogler let him get beat up by some random Oakland dude with a chip on his shoulder. Which is like Batman getting beat up by a random goon. :mjlol:

As for what Coogler should have done...having a random new guy replacing T'Challa probably would have been too difficult to make work but M'Baku should have been the new BP because Laetitia is like 5'5 and 110 pounds and is the Q of Wakanda.

It makes no sense for her to be a formidable warrior because Coogler didn't portray her as that he deliberately made her the tech person of the country. Even though in the comics she can fight as well, but he never showed that.

Also because of grief and a recognition of her being out of her depth she should have been written as handing it to M'Baku who makes more sense.

And he could have been the placeholder until they found perhaps a time variant of T'Challa, a multiverse version of T'Challa, or just created a clone of him by the end of the movie.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Some people say this about movies, tv shows and music, but it's false. Entertainment is that serious because it influences how people think about others and themselves.

In fact as I've mentioned before entertainment is more effective than education because people let their guard down around it and view it only as something to entertain them not educate them. But it educates quietly and under the radar.

And Black Panther represented something never before seen in cinema before: Black dominance subject to no one else. :wow:

As for the first Black Panther, Coogler had to know how T'Challa was supposed to be represented: such as being one of the smartest people in the MCU, because he chose not to do that and to give the genius and technical know how to Shuri instead. Why do that? To help Black women? If so, why not do that but also leave T'Challa as one of the smartest as well?

Also he's supposed to be one of the best fighters in the MCU. Which the Russo brothers got right. But Coogler let him get beat up by some random Oakland dude with a chip on his shoulder. Which is like Batman getting beat up by a random goon. :mjlol:

As for what Coogler should have done...having a random new guy replacing T'Challa probably would have been too difficult to make work but M'Baku should have been the new BP because Laetitia is like 5'5 and 110 pounds and is the Q of Wakanda.

It makes no sense for her to be a formidable warrior because Coogler didn't portray her as that he deliberately made her the tech person of the country. Even though in the comics she can fight as well, but he never showed that.

Also because of grief and a recognition of her being out of her depth she should have been written as handing it to M'Baku who makes more sense.

And he could have been the placeholder until they found perhaps a time variant of T'Challa, a multiverse version of T'Challa, or just created a clone of him by the end of the movie.
In all fairness M’Baku becoming BP never made since to me because he worships a different god and historically him and T’Challa and Shuri are arch enemies in the comics.

I agree with you in regards to Shuri. If Coogler was eventually going to have her become BP (Rumors suggests that was always the plan even before Chadwick died) then he should of portrayed her more like her comic book version in the first BP (a fierce warrior) instead of the geeky tech little sister with no fighting skills.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This may not be a spoiler, but, a group of critics made a great point;

The movie should not have started with a funeral, but, with T'Challa in Full BLACK PANTHER gear (they said) out in spaces in a Wakanda Space Ship in some sort of combat.

I would be with no dialogue from T'Challa. And they are fighting some unnamed sort of enemy (they suggest Galactus). And he actually goes out a hero. Not trying to mirror his real life death--which I think was tasteless even if Chad's wife signed off on it.

I'm gonna see the film, maybe not immediately, but...

I'm worried about it being a feminized (I don't mean it in a "red-pill" way...men view action movies, differently [think about that vampire love movie that I can't think of the name of] action movie with a bunch of talking, cry, "quiet moments," "understanding" and "feeling" for the villian.

And brief segments of action.

My speed will forever be Civil War and Infinity War. There's a place for that, but, I don't want to see it in a Black Panther movie.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Look, I'm not gone hold you but there are literally dozens of alternatives if this one doesn't fit the bill any more...

and if thats your stance, what isn't black excellence about a bunch of black women doing work in that same exact world/nation? or is it only applicable when the amazing feats are performed by a man? If this movie devolves into some silly white savior bullshyt I agree with you but we all come from black women so if this is a display of strong black women is that not also black excellence :jbhmm:

No, it's not.

This is literally why Stacey Abrams has had a problem with black male outreach.

We've defaulted "Black Excellence" to "Black girl magic," despite that BGM shyt existing to show how useless men are.

Go look at some of the stuff young women say;

We rightful critic male redpillers and incels, but, forget how this dialogue changed women.

A film with no black men doing anything exceptional is not good, just like black women didn't accept black men doing dope shyt as "BLACK EXCELLENCE for us all."

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This may not be a spoiler, but, a group of critics made a great point;

The movie should not have started with a funeral, but, with T'Challa in Full BLACK PANTHER gear (they said) out in spaces in a Wakanda Space Ship in some sort of combat.

I would be with no dialogue from T'Challa. And they are fighting some unnamed sort of enemy (they suggest Galactus). And he actually goes out a hero. Not trying to mirror his real life death--which I think was tasteless even if Chad's wife signed off on it.

I'm gonna see the film, maybe not immediately, but...

I'm worried about it being a feminized (I don't mean it in a "red-pill" way...men view action movies, differently [think about that vampire love movie that I can't think of the name of] action movie with a bunch of talking, cry, "quiet moments," "understanding" and "feeling" for the villian.

And brief segments of action.

My speed will forever be Civil War and Infinity War. There's a place for that, but, I don't want to see it in a Black Panther movie.
Exactly, for Wakanda to be so advance I was like they gotta come up with something good, and these nikkas went the Tyler Perry route. Man fukk this shyt. lol I'm prob gonna cancel day off my showing just incase I got a change of heart, but I have a feeling I'm going to check out mentally during the film just from frustration/being annoyed.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
yeah breh I`m tired. I think I'm sitting this out. I'll prob get back into the Theater stuff when Ant Man drops to support Majors and see how Kang is implemented.
If the spoilers about that one is true.... in addition to all the bull💩 going on with blade, I'll gon' head and sell everything stock in Disney.

He doesn'tget major screen time. The 💩 is mad short and near the end. He's not the major villain and he also gets bodied quick. This could also not be the final Kang but i also wouldn't understand why they would advertise him if his role is probably less than 15, 20 min.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

mbaku would have been a bad idea as new panther, but they could have casted someone as s'yan and have him take the reigns as panther as well as train shuri for future movies. having her jump into an action role after being the black version of darcy was always whack to me.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
No, it's not.

This is literally why Stacey Abrams has had a problem with black male outreach.

We've defaulted "Black Excellence" to "Black girl magic," despite that BGM shyt existing to show how useless men are.

Go look at some of the stuff young women say;

We rightful critic male redpillers and incels, but, forget how this dialogue changed women.

A film with no black men doing anything exceptional is not good, just like black women didn't accept black men doing dope shyt as "BLACK EXCELLENCE for us all."

Sooooo a mother raising strong capable black boys is not black excellence :mjlol: Ya'll gotta let this "all black women are opps" shyt go. If they get shine for a movie the world won't end

I can honestly say I encounter none of this weird gender battle shyt IRL but if you do thats your reality and I'm not going to dispute. I dont indulge in obvious hoe babble so them vids you linked aint really something I encounter often.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
If the spoilers about that one is true.... in addition to all the bull💩 going on with blade, I'll gon' head and sell everything stock in Disney.

He doesn'tget major screen time. The 💩 is mad short and near the end. He's not the major villain and he also gets bodied quick. This could also not be the final Kang but i also wouldn't understand why they would advertise him if his role is probably less than 15, 20 min.

i`m not shocked tbh and didnt expect him to be final form per say, I'm more so treating him like how Stan Lee Cameos were until the Avengers flicks lol

MCU is having a hard time making me 'care' about anything at this point. I stopped watching the shows around Episode 3 of Hawkeye. The movies I've only watched by habit and at this point im burnt out cause everything was wack to me besides MoM and the spiderman flick and thats mainly because they leaned on fan service lol.

Not to turn this into a DC vs MC thread but DC has an opportunity to take advantage of the blood in the water right now. I'm assuming the Next Phase restores order cause this current phase has been horrible.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Sooooo a mother raising strong capable black boys is not black excellence :mjlol: Ya'll gotta let this "all black women are opps" shyt go. If they get shine for a movie the world won't end

I can honestly say I encounter none of this weird gender battle shyt IRL but if you do thats your reality and I'm not going to dispute. I dont indulge in obvious hoe babble so them vids you linked aint really something I encounter often.

Okay.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
In all fairness M’Baku becoming BP never made since to me because he worships a different god and historically him and T’Challa and Shuri are arch enemies in the comics.

I agree with you in regards to Shuri. If Coogler was eventually going to have her become BP (Rumors suggests that was always the plan even before Chadwick died) then he should of portrayed her more like her comic book version in the first BP (a fierce warrior) instead of the geeky tech little sister with no fighting skills.

Thats why I think its cap that the plan was ever for Shuri to take over in the MCU. She wasn’t written or portrayed as someone that wanted or was capable of ruling. They COMPLETELY nerfed her from the semi-envious, physically capable, brash individual she was in the comics. In the films she’s basically “the smart kid-sister”. The perfect side kick. Thats all.

I wasn’t AS mad that T’Challa wasn’t portrayed as a genius because he was STILL a strategist and I believe Civil War portrayed him as efficiently cunning, perceptive, and smart. Boseman brought that portrayal into the first BP quite magnificently in my opinion. I can live with “Smart” T’Challa whose also charismatic, strong, brave, and capable because WITHOUT her desire to be ruler, early comic Shuri isn’t all that interesting. So making her a genius in the MCU I actually thought was necessary to give her some sort of agency.