Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Read the full plot leak on reddit and it's total bs. :francis:

Huge Spoilers, so don't read unless you want to be spoiled

Ramonda gets killed by the sea mexicans during their attack on Wakanda. Why would Coogler decide to do that? Because it's entirely unnecessary and wrong. And Angela Bassett deserves better.

In a post credit scene Nakia is revealed as having given birth to T'Challa's son and they call him T'Challa. Apparently that's the compromise with the recast T'Challa people :francis:

T'Challa gets some mysterious disease and Shuri tries to save him but can't. So as advanced as they are they can't save him from a mysterious disease?

:francis:

And yeah he wasn't going to make it but if they went with a disease they could have made it something mystical or technological that some villain was behind which would lead to Doom or someone else.

Shuri is Black Panther, which we knew, but M'Baku isn't co-BP at all, she's the only BP.
Appreciate it breh:salute:
Hate having to go internet diving for spoilers

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
i`m not shocked tbh and didnt expect him to be final form per say, I'm more so treating him like how Stan Lee Cameos were until the Avengers flicks lol

MCU is having a hard time making me 'care' about anything at this point. I stopped watching the shows around Episode 3 of Hawkeye. The movies I've only watched by habit and at this point im burnt out cause everything was wack to me besides MoM and the spiderman flick and thats mainly because they leaned on fan service lol.

Not to turn this into a DC vs MC thread but DC has an opportunity to take advantage of the blood in the water right now. I'm assuming the Next Phase restores order cause this current phase has been horrible.
True..... part of me feels like there will be a paradigm shift of black excellence from MCU to DC.....especially with James Gunn taking over. I love his vision and soundtracks for movies. I can see GL, Icon, static shock projects in the future after the success of black Adam.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
True..... part of me feels like there will be a paradigm shift of black excellence from MCU to DC.....especially with James Gunn taking over. I love his vision and soundtracks for movies. I can see GL, Icon, static shock projects in the future after the success of black Adam.
MCU is alienating the core audience that buys their shyt, hate on nerds/incels/etc what ever but them fukkers buy shyt and then when it comes to toys the literal core audience that would buy black panther toys and merch are little boys lol and they pretty much said fukk em.

DC can capitalize on this by toning down the quota stuff and really just keeping it simple. Black Adam was solid to me as it didnt bring anything new per say it checked off the boxes for a solid Comic Flick, but breh playing Hawkman really impressed me in how he didnt have to do any token shyt, they didnt have to play up his blackness too much (in the context of hey yall im black let me do some jive talk) he got to legit stand in his masculinity and lead while still being imperfect but his imperfect traits weren't used to make him seem weak.

I know people love BP1 but T'Challa came off as weak to me compared to how I have read about him + his Civil War presentation.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people need to remind themselves its just a movie, its not the serious

The first BP wasn't some Malcolm X tier display of black excellence in the first place so I don't understand why people are looking to a comic book movie made by disney to be anything but that :dwillhuh:

Unfortunately Chadwick passed so they had to shift, if its some black girl magic shyt my black girl will probably enjoy it. It is what it is.
Because you underestimate the power of stories

Black Panther wasn't any of that shyt to me either but I could tangibly see the effect it had on people

These discussions are heated for a reason

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MCU is alienating the core audience that buys their shyt, hate on nerds/incels/etc what ever but them fukkers buy shyt and then when it comes to toys the literal core audience that would buy black panther toys and merch are little boys lol and they pretty much said fukk em.

DC can capitalize on this by toning down the quota stuff and really just keeping it simple. Black Adam was solid to me as it didnt bring anything new per say it checked off the boxes for a solid Comic Flick, but breh playing Hawkman really impressed me in how he didnt have to do any token shyt, they didnt have to play up his blackness too much (in the context of hey yall im black let me do some jive talk) he got to legit stand in his masculinity and lead while still being imperfect but his imperfect traits weren't used to make him seem weak.

I know people love BP1 but T'Challa came off as weak to me compared to how I have read about him + his Civil War presentation.
I haven't seen it but it has been interesting seeing how much black men fukk with Black Adam

And all of the articles shytting on it:russ:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I wouldn't get my hopes up

Kang hasn't even been what he was promised to be in Loki

this is what lotta folks gripes were with this phase. Loki made it seem like we were gonna see Kang Sprinkled in every or most things after lmfao we saw him once there then next time is in the next phase. Phase 4 has been GARBAGE

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I haven't seen it but it has been interesting seeing how much black men fukk with Black Adam

And all of the articles shytting on it:russ:

Its nothing amazing honestly, If I didnt have AMC Stubs I woulda saw it at the crib, BUT that being said The Rock did his Rock thing but Aldis Hodge and Pierce were good in this, almost too good for the movie imo lol Like it legit makes you want a JSA prequel with them two in it

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is what lotta folks gripes were with this phase. Loki made it seem like we were gonna see Kang Sprinkled in every or most things after lmfao we saw him once there then next time is in the next phase. Phase 4 has been GARBAGE
Yea they over promised and under delivered

They kept selling the idea of everything being connected but it didn't pan out that way.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Going on Sunday on free tickets thru my school :wow:
giphy.gif

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Just finished seeing this movie…I’ll give my raw thoughts:

This movie felt “heavy” and understandably so. The beginning and the end of the movie evoked a lot of sadness and silence in the theater. It really hits you knowing that Chadwick is gone. I felt that this movie honored him gracefully and respectfully. You can feel the love and presence that he had on screen with the Black Panther cast.

Although it’s a Marvel movie, it felt much bigger than that. It was really an emotionally driven movie that made you invest in each person’s way of dealing with such a loss. Of course there were some cool and funny moments but the mood and overall tone far outweigh them, at least for me.

Such a bittersweet experience but an experience that I’m glad to witness. This will stick with me for awhile.

Last edited: