VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
:snoop:

The detailed plot leak explains that T’Challa will die from an unknown illness that he kept secret from those close to him. Shuri (Letitia Wright) tries to synthesize the sacred herb to cure her brother, but all the prototypes she tries have a success rate of around 28%. T’Challa ultimately dies, much to Shuri and everyone else’s dismay.

They couldn't have had him die in combat...they basically wrote his cancer in the script.

That to me was ridiculous.
Because how can Wakanda not have the ability to cure a known earthly disease? Since they're supposed to be at least 100 years more advanced than any country on earth?

So that was just incompetent writing on Coogler et al part.

And if T'Challa has to get some disease make it mystical or alien in nature which opens up a situation where another enemy (e.g., Doom) is found to be the perpetrator which sets up a conflict with another character.

Last edited:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Looks like the leaks are real

I’m good on watching in theaters. My daughter hasn’t asked to see it so there’s no excuse to pay any money to see a T’Challa free BLACK PANTHER film.

And Nakia having T’Challa’s son ain’t good enough for me. T’CHALLA is the one with over 50 years worth of comic stories to tell, not some made up b*stard child.

Welp, no more MCU for me.

Then again, I'm tired of seeing white folk have all the fun on screen anyway :wow:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I’m good on watching in theaters. My daughter hasn’t asked to see it so there’s no excuse to pay any money to see a T’Challa free BLACK PANTHER film.

And Nakia having T’Challa’s son ain’t good enough for me. T’CHALLA is the one with over 50 years worth of comic stories to tell, not some made up b*stard child.
So instead of recasting, Coogler wrote a self-insert version of T'Challa that was raised by a single mother

:francis:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
That to me was ridiculous.
Because how can Wakanda not have the ability to cure a known earthly disease? Since they're supposed to be at least 100 years more advanced than any country on earth?

So that was just incompetent writing on Coogler et al part.

And if T'Challa has to get some disease make it mystical or alien in nature which opens up a situation where another enemy (e.g., Doom) is found to be the perpetrator which sets up a conflict with another character.

I'm not trying to be a hater, but, I had to dip into the spoilers, but;

That stuck out to me...

The fact they parallel'd his real life death is a bit too much. People were saying the movie was exploitative when that first trailer came out. Seems like they are right.

My little brother died in a car crash (12 years ago)...I'd be against his movie series having him die in a spaceship crash

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks

Likewise … my daughter mentioned it but she didn’t ask to see it …. I’m good on it

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

yeah breh I`m tired. I think I'm sitting this out. I'll prob get back into the Theater stuff when Ant Man drops to support Majors and see how Kang is implemented.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I think people need to remind themselves its just a movie, its not the serious

The first BP wasn't some Malcolm X tier display of black excellence in the first place so I don't understand why people are looking to a comic book movie made by disney to be anything but that :dwillhuh:

Unfortunately Chadwick passed so they had to shift, if its some black girl magic shyt my black girl will probably enjoy it. It is what it is.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I think people need to remind themselves its just a movie, its not the serious

The first BP wasn't some Malcolm X tier display of black excellence in the first place so I don't understand why people are looking to a comic book movie made by disney to be anything but that :dwillhuh:

Unfortunately Chadwick passed so they had to shift, if its some black girl magic shyt my black girl will probably enjoy it. It is what it is.

There isn’t one universal method of depicting black excellence.

For some, an intelligent, strong, determined, charismatic, black KING whose the leader and protector of an advanced all black nation of un-colonized citizens is indeed black excellence. Especially for black boys too young to grasp the importance of a film such as Malcolm X.

But of course you knew this before typing that bullshyt

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
There isn’t one universal method of depicting black excellence.

For some, an intelligent, strong, determined, charismatic, black KING whose the leader and protector of an advanced all black nation of un-colonized citizens is indeed black excellence. Especially for black boys too young to grasp the importance of a film such as Malcolm X.

But of course you knew this before typing that bullshyt

Look, I'm not gone hold you but there are literally dozens of alternatives if this one doesn't fit the bill any more...

and if thats your stance, what isn't black excellence about a bunch of black women doing work in that same exact world/nation? or is it only applicable when the amazing feats are performed by a man? If this movie devolves into some silly white savior bullshyt I agree with you but we all come from black women so if this is a display of strong black women is that not also black excellence :jbhmm: