head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Let’s all be honest here, critics are being super lenient due to Chadwick’s death and the film having a primary Black female cast with a few underwater Mexicans sprinkle in as well.

The general audience who caught a early view of this shyt said it’s fairly decent at best but a huge step down from the first one. :francis:
Under water Mexicans lol

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
I feel like i should be more hype for this but im really not

Magic just aint there for me without Chadwick. No real dodging it. It’s like if Batman Begins came out, and instead of getting the Dark Knight you get titans or pennyworth, batgirl, anything but batman

This is exactly it.

It's like trying to do a batman movie without batman. People just aren't going to be as interested unless you connect it to Batman and they didn't.

Or if you do that, elevate characters that people care about like Okoye or Nakia because no one cares about Shuri to the same degree as they did about T'Challa.

Instead they should have given the mantle to M'Baku. Because with her it's like Q from James Bond suiting up and going in the field. It makes no sense.

Because while she's his sister she's the tech person not a warrior. Which Coogler decided to do because he didn't want T'Challa in the first movie to be a genius as well. He just made him a politician and warrior.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Looks like the leaks are real

I’m good on watching in theaters. My daughter hasn’t asked to see it so there’s no excuse to pay any money to see a T’Challa free BLACK PANTHER film.

And Nakia having T’Challa’s son ain’t good enough for me. T’CHALLA is the one with over 50 years worth of comic stories to tell, not some made up b*stard child.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is exactly it.

It's like trying to do a batman movie without batman. People just aren't going to be as interested unless you connect it to Batman and they didn't.

Or if you do that, elevate characters that people care about and no one cares that much about Shuri.

Instead they should have given the mantle to M'Baku. Because with her it's like Q from James Bond suiting up and going in the field. It makes no sense.

Because yeah she's his sister but she's the tech person not a warrior. Which Coogler decided to do because he didn't want T'Challa in the first movie to be a genius as well. He just made him a politician and warrior.

And regardless of how true that covid shyt was people still got a bad taste in their mouths about Letitia Wright, so its kinda like…it feels undeserved.

They basically gave us a black superman and killed him off screen

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

I’m good on watching in theaters. My daughter hasn’t asked to see it so there’s no excuse to pay any money to see a T’Challa free BLACK PANTHER film.

And Nakia having T’Challa’s son ain’t good enough for me. T’CHALLA is the one with over 50 years worth of comic stories to tell, not some made up b*stard child.
say it aint so @Ziggiy :sadcam:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

:snoop:

The detailed plot leak explains that T’Challa will die from an unknown illness that he kept secret from those close to him. Shuri (Letitia Wright) tries to synthesize the sacred herb to cure her brother, but all the prototypes she tries have a success rate of around 28%. T’Challa ultimately dies, much to Shuri and everyone else’s dismay.

They couldn't have had him die in combat...they basically wrote his cancer in the script.