Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nope. technicals are his biggest weakness especially when it comes to action.

also will be issues with pacing, integration of effects and building dramatic tension.

just like BP1 but from all accounts (reviews coming in) slightly worse.
I am kinda wishing Coogler breaks from the MCU after this. This is the only other film he has directed in 4 years and he's wasting his talents being bogged down with superhero stuff, tho no doubt it pays well lol.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of tip toeing going on in a few of these reviews. Seem like its high end mid but because of Chadwick's passing they shooting it bail.
This was to be expected:russ: and it's not just Chadwick

This movie has the double armor of Chadwick's death and being a black woman led movie. One of the main reasons black women have been featured more prominently in big projects is because they're an inherent shield to criticism

No one will ever say it out loud but NOBODY wants that "you hate black women/misogynoir" tag. Even white people:russ:

A ton of reviewers are gonna be terrified to say they don't like it:russ:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What makes the, potential script issues, so annoying is that allows these same mofo's an out to criticize all the diversity in the MCU.

Like its not really adding minorities or focusing on women thats the problem. Its the writing. So it gives them a reason to blame them for that.

You're not wrong but the problem is these things are often connected

Diversity shouldn't inherently be an issue but the way it's implemented is. A lot of bad writing is excused and shielded from criticism because it invokes diversity, often in shallow and devious ways.

Far too many diversity hire characters are not even characters, but rather avatars for agendas and talking points. They don't even have dialogue or goals indicative of a human being with emotions. They might as well have "quota" stamped on their forehead

Diversity has become an emotionally charged word over the last few years because the nuance of it is often ignored or used for the sake of opposing arguments. So yea you will always have the angry white boy side of the internet do what they do, but that shouldn't deter nikkas from being 100 about bad work. And far too often it does

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You're not wrong but the problem is these things are often connected

Diversity shouldn't inherently be an issue but the way it's implemented is. A lot of bad writing is excused and shielded from criticism because it invokes diversity, often in shallow and devious ways.

Far too many diversity hire characters are not even characters, but rather avatars for agendas and talking points. They don't even have dialogue or goals indicative of a human being with emotions. They might as well have "quota" stamped on their forehead

Diversity has become an emotionally charged word over the last few years because the nuance of it is often ignored or used for the sake of opposing arguments. So yea you will always have the angry white boy side of the internet do what they do, but that shouldn't keep nikkas from being 100 about bad work.
Why are they even discussin diversity with these characters? Black panther is wakandan and namor is atlantian. neither one is from any caucus country in the comics. Acting like they recasted some british cacs as black or something.
I've seen that guys videos too, he's a "weapons expert" but constantly touts the superiority of European swords over any other type of swords. Made several video trying to get people to stop hyping up katanas for some reason :mjpls:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are they even discussin diversity with these characters? Black panther is wakandan and namor is atlantian. neither one is from any caucus country in the comics. Acting like they recasted some british cacs as black or something.
I've seen that guys videos too, he's a "weapons expert" but constantly touts the superiority of European swords over any other type of swords. Made several video trying to get people to stop hyping up katanas for some reason

:mjpls:
Like I said in my post tho this side will always exist. The real question is why even watch it? I'm not watching that fukkin video:mjlol:

I don't participate in :mjpls: content because why?:mjlol:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The issues are that it falls into the trap of Iron Man 2, Age of Ulton, of setting up shyt for other movies.

Thats why the critic scores are down. After reading the reviews if they had NOT made Iron hart so needed, Okoye/Midnight Angles stuff and just kept its focus on being a BLACK PANTHER SEQUEL. This probably does great critic reviews. Right now its pretty good.

I think the only film to have a bunch of set up that flowed well was Civil War. Cause T'Challa had a legit reason to be in the fight. And Peter Parker, while a tad forced, still had the awesome shock of seeing him with the Avengers.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Let’s all be honest here, critics are being super lenient due to Chadwick’s death and the film having a primary Black female cast with a few underwater Mexicans sprinkle in as well.

The general audience who caught a early view of this shyt said it’s fairly decent at best but a huge step down from the first one. :francis:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
nikkas went from saying critics will trash it because it will be a black female led film, to saying critics will be lenient because it is a black female led film lol.

It's like white supremacist talking points almost ALWAYS trickle down to supposed black men say lol. Just watch the film n judge for yourself brehs on that note

Mid 91% after over 100 reviews, movies atleast pretty good it seems. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
What makes the, potential script issues, so annoying is that allows these same mofo's an out to criticize all the diversity in the MCU.

Like its not really adding minorities or focusing on women thats the problem. Its the writing. So it gives them a reason to blame them for that.

Damn, another right winger youtuber imma have to drop

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
nikkas went from saying critics will trash it because it will be a black female led film, to saying critics will be lenient because it is a black female led film lol.

It's like white supremacist talking points almost ALWAYS trickle down to supposed black men say lol. Just watch the film n judge for yourself brehs on that note

You see it. Dudes been bytchin' about this movie for weeks now and yet, it still has yet to be released. Seems to me quite a few are hoping that it bombs for their own reasons. Da main one being that they didn't get their way if how they think da movie should've gone.

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Any proof of your claims? Because I've been saying what I've said for years