nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Bingo. I do enjoy the connectivity but you also limit yourself as well forcing it. You’ve established a multiverse, use it to tell more diverse stories even with the same characters.

Cats talk about DC but one of the things I do like is that they’ve always explored telling stories in different universes with the characters. Even now, you have the new Batman in its own universe, stand-alone Joker in its own, and then the rest in one.
And DC also has the most disjointed universe ever. Hell, their movies have as many resets as their comics at this point.

One thing for Marvel is that it can/does always takes place in the same universe, but not be as intertwined. And at this point, there's no reason to do so, other than glorified cameos. Let the heroes go on their own adventures.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
One thing for Marvel is that it can/does always takes place in the same universe

that's not always true.

But they do need to have guys (and gals) go on their own adventures like you said. No need to throw in other mufukkaz ALL THE TIME to prop. up the next mid D+ show

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
And DC also has the most disjointed universe ever. Hell, their movies have as many resets as their comics at this point.

There's not really been a "reset" so much as there are other universes.

There's the DCEU that was once connected and now "loosely/vaguely" connected but mostly standalone movies
There's the Matt Reeves Batman & family universe
There's the Joker standalone movies

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
There's not really been a "reset" so much as there are other universes.

There's the DCEU that was once connected and now "loosely/vaguely" connected but mostly standalone movies
There's the Matt Reeves Batman & family universe
There's the Joker standalone movies
Flashpoint is supposed to connect them all

:manny:

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
Yeah one of the brehs on youtube was going on about that. That they just want T'Challa back. Which I definitely agree with. Because they wouldn't play those sorts of games with Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Captain America, Thor, or even Natasha.
If the actor who played the character died from cancer they would :russ: They already killed Tony and Natasha, I’m confused

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
If the actor who played the character died from cancer they would :russ: They already killed Tony and Natasha, I’m confused

Would they do that with a white character though? Because after Heath Ledger passed they didn't retire the Joker. And they already recasted Ross with Harrison Ford.

And Tony isn't permanently gone nor Natasha. And they definitely wouldn't crown Rhodes as the new Ironman. :mjpls:

Nor would they make some random girl the new Black Widow forever and toss Natasha away.

Last edited:

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Would they do that with a white character though? Because after Heath Ledger passed they didn't retire the Joker. And they already recasted Ross with Harrison Ford.

And Tony isn't permanently gone nor Natasha. And they definitely wouldn't crown Rhodes as the new Ironman. :mjpls:

Nor would they make some random girl the new Black Widow forever and toss Natasha away.
So you get on the coli just to make shyt up out your head and talk about it , you talking about dc, nikka I don’t know what they would do, but I do know what marvel is doing because it’s a reality , by your logic they wouldn’t have killed off iron man or black widow, wtf are you talking about:russ: , you don’t known shyt and just talking cause you bored , Tony and Natasha coming back…….nikka when? :gucci:

Daps

those characters had a decade long run

a 1:1 comparison is if they would remove tony stark and pass the mantle to pepper/rhodey/etc if RDJ passed away after Ironman 1

of course some of the complaints are a reach, theres a contingent that just mad its a women led movie, but wanting t'challa's character to continue is a very valid critique from a fan

especially since they recast general ross after the actor passed

as long as they dont close the door shut on a t'challa returning they should be fine imo

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
from the little clip saw iron heart will be patterned after spiderman with how tony recruited him in cap3.

cgi still looks trash.

i get the feeling the movie will do well but not over a billion. to much different opinions on how they handled chad death. some want him recast and some dont.

personally i dont have a problem with shuri taking over temporarily. now if i hear/see thats it permanent, then im gonna start agreeing with the reacast black panther crowd. but for now its just a tough situtation to be fair, and people would have complained either way imo.

we'll see..........

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
those characters had a decade long run

a 1:1 comparison is if they would remove tony stark and pass the mantle to pepper/rhodey/etc if RDJ passed away after Ironman 1

of course some of the complaints are a reach, theres a contingent that just mad its a women led movie, but wanting t'challa's character to continue is a very valid critique from a fan

especially since they recast general ross after the actor passed

as long as they dont close the door shut on a t'challa returning they should be fine imo
General Ross a side character, with this situation it’s boils down to the main actor dying from cancer , that’s it , story was gonna be different , it’s just unfortunate but all the extra shyt , the black man agenda that Some on here saying over and over is tiring and old my dude

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You can't compare Chad's death to other actors dying mid role because those role didn't have the same impact Chad's did.

The character of T'Challa(MCU version) hit the black community harder and more deeply than Superman or Batman ever could CACs.

It's just different.

Plus not for nothing, Chad was diagnosed with cancer BEFORE they started filming Black Panther. Let that sink in: All the stunts he did, the powerful acting, wearing that heavy ass, uncomfortable ass suit, promotional tours and interviews, etc.....HE DID ALL THAT WHILE LITERALLY FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE.

If there was EVER a time where I can understand the cast, crew, Marvel, and a lot of fans being like "Nah...not him. No one can replace him. Not right now at least" it's for Chadwick Boseman.

Dude was a legit superhero in real life. RIP forreal forreal. Still can't believe he's gone.

Whatever happens, I'm confident Ryan Coogler and crew are gonna continue to give us fire.