VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
So as expected it sounds like a decently good night out at the cinema. But not an amazing movie. Phase 4 has been dogshyte across the board.

I've seen a few people liken this to Shang Chi and say it's above that. That was one of the best phase 4 movies for me, so I'll know I'll have an enjoyable time.

I'll go see it and support it, but already certain things are going to work against it.

I heard a certain character on the poster is barely in the movie. I have no issue about the movie being heavily female-centric but man this is a massively missed opportunity.

I hate, hate, hate that the MCU just can't make an enjoyable standalone film. And the writers and directors have to always be worrying about setting up other characters for stuff like Disney + shows. It's what spoiled so much marvel content in the last phase as it feels majorly forced instead of organic.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
The only spoiler I want to know is how much forced feminism is in the flick ? 40%, 75%?

It is heavily female but apparently, it's not corny or forced.

The one thing BP as a franchise got correct is the female characters don't feel like analogues to force issues like say a She-Hulk which went overboard with it. They just exist in Wakandan society as equals.

One first impression I watched said women are about 70% of the movie.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
keep seeing the trailers with the Black Panther costume and just keep thinking, "that better be Lupita." i mean, i know it's not, but i still can't get over Shuri being BP. that's not confirmed or anything, but it basically is. she has a clearly defined role and skillset and Lupita was just some spy chick who fukked T'Challa. she was such an obvious choice for the mantle. oscar winner who has done some action and isn't an absolute twig

based on nothing though i still think every character in this movie wears a suit at some point - Queen Bassitt, Lupita, M'Baku, Shuri, Michonne

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
So as expected it sounds like a decently good night out at the cinema. But not an amazing movie. Phase 4 has been dogshyte across the board.

I've seen a few people liken this to Shang Chi and say it's above that. That was one of the best phase 4 movies for me, so I'll know I'll have an enjoyable time.

I'll go see it and support it, but already certain things are going to work against it.

I heard a certain character on the poster is barely in the movie. I have no issue about the movie being heavily female-centric but man this is a massively missed opportunity.

I hate, hate, hate that the MCU just can't make an enjoyable standalone film. And the writers and directors have to always be worrying about setting up other characters for stuff like Disney + shows. It's what spoiled so much marvel content in the last phase as it feels majorly forced instead of organic.
have high hopes for this film but imma lessen my standards

I think the person not in the film is Riri. She confirmed as being a US citizen and theres no need for her to be in the film outside of the idea that wakanda has advanced tech. But why would the worlds smartest girl need with wakandan tech if shes an inventor? Thats like getting tony stark to go to Latveria to learn how to build a suit of armor.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
keep seeing the trailers with the Black Panther costume and just keep thinking, "that better be Lupita." i mean, i know it's not, but i still can't get over Shuri being BP. that's not confirmed or anything, but it basically is. she has a clearly defined role and skillset and Lupita was just some spy chick who fukked T'Challa. she was such an obvious choice for the mantle. oscar winner who has done some action and isn't an absolute twig

based on nothing though i still think every character in this movie wears a suit at some point - Queen Bassitt, Lupita, M'Baku, Shuri, Michonne
judging by trailers i think everyone kinda puts their hand into the fight

Mbaku got new armor

Nakia has new armor

even
Michaela Coelgot daggers we havent seen in the first film
Aneka-Michaela-Coel-Black-Panther-Wakanda-Forever.jpg

hopin we see more wakandan weapons